Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Someone posted this on the SCMS FB page earlier. Not sure how true it is, as the official SCMS webpage doesn't show any design of the race tee besides a blank one for measurement purpose. But it'll be the same vest as the Pocari Sweat Run 2013 tee if they are using this as the SCMS 2014 race tee.

10530872_10203878518780298_4302705658115

Chose the size based on my 2XU measurement ( with bro lonewolf advise in mind ) Hope can fit nicely. BUT with the "collar" be so high, guess I will not wear it for the run.

Ysday I logged into the reg link , enter my ic & SCB no. , did a few times throughout the whole day.
I got the same msg 'SORRY WE CANNOT FIND ANY MATCH INFORMATION."

So Tis mrg , I tried & managed to get a FM slot for $55.25

Wana pay THE LOWEST reg fee , go borrow sm1's SCB CCard or apply a SCB CCard.
In future no more CFCM :drinks:

Chose the size based on my 2XU measurement ( with bro lonewolf advise in mind ) Hope can fit nicely. BUT with the "collar" be so high, guess I will not wear it for the run.

Actually the biggest issue with addidas cutting is the length and not the width. Imagine Brooks L is about 68cm. Even Adidas XS is longer than that. That's why when I run with my KOTR L, I have to partially tuck in the singlet or else I look like a bottomless runner. 80

So I can imagine that it being too long for most runners. I actually contemplated getting the singlet trimmed but I'm not sure if its worth doing. :mellow:

Someone posted this on the SCMS FB page earlier. Not sure how true it is, as the official SCMS webpage doesn't show any design of the race tee besides a blank one for measurement purpose. But it'll be the same vest as the Pocari Sweat Run 2013 tee if they are using this as the SCMS 2014 race tee.

10530872_10203878518780298_4302705658115

Actually the biggest issue with addidas cutting is the length and not the width. Imagine Brooks L is about 68cm. Even Adidas XS is longer than that. That's why when I run with my KOTR L, I have to partially tuck in the singlet or else I look like a bottomless runner. 80

So I can imagine that it being too long for most runners. I actually contemplated getting the singlet trimmed but I'm not sure if its worth doing. :mellow:

What I did was to use the same size as previous Sundown singlets, as Adidas was the sponsor.

$8o slots is taken up fast also. At this rate , by the time this race launch for first timer runner will longer have chance to get the priority slots. 4500 slots will whip in no time.

How's Adidas sizing? Big like 2XU or more like NB/Brooks?

The length does look long.

I have some older Adidas but the lengths then were more like 68cm for S.

It's big like 2XU. In fact I think its a tad bigger than 2XU. So suggest you downsize one size from your usual NB/Brooks size.

Adidas !!!!! I think i will sign up just becoz of this... I hope the finisher tee design is as classic, high quality and nice design as SCM2008 !

where to check the slot taken ??

Adidas !!!!! I think i will sign up just becoz of this... I hope the finisher tee design is as classic, high quality and nice design as SCM2008 !

where to check the slot taken ??

You can check it out at their website right hand side under the Registration Spots.

It's big like 2XU. In fact I think its a tad bigger than 2XU. So suggest you downsize one size from your usual NB/Brooks size.

Will their apparel at shops be a good guide?

Will their apparel at shops be a good guide?

I thought the size chart given in the registration website should be accurate. If Adidas can be so scrxx up to deliver a product different from its size chart, then I will have doubt in their product quality. So far, I do not have any issue with their size. Their finisher T size also matches what is provided.

It's official!! Adidas has finally announced that it will be the Official Apparel Partner for the SCMS 2014. :goodjob:

http://www.runsociety.com/2014/07/10/adidas-announced-as-standard-chartered-marathan-singapores-official-apparel-partner/

and the 1st 42 FM runners in the qeue will get the the new "Boost Adidas Running Shoes". For sure, this is one reason why people will qeue there a day before

and the 1st 42 FM runners in the qeue will get the the new "Boost Adidas Running Shoes". For sure, this is one reason why people will qeue there a day before

I think people will start queuing a day before at 9am 15 July. ^_^-_-

I bought a pair of Energy Boost 2 before SD as I can claim from my company benefits.

I put on less than 10x so far and each time my last toe of the feet felt sharp pain that I have to give up my run half way.

I share this with one Adidas sales assistant at Vivo City outlet and she acknowledged that most running shoes are sew using 3 different parts. For Boost only 2 hence some people will not suitable due to the narrowing at the front.

Hence I have to stick back to my NB890.

I think people will start queuing a day before at 9am 15 July. ^_^-_-

Why not 14 Jul? Can start queuing after wc final hahahaha

Can volunteer as pacer...Adidas also sponsored shoe, right? Hahahhahah

I bought a pair of Energy Boost 2 before SD as I can claim from my company benefits.

I put on less than 10x so far and each time my last toe of the feet felt sharp pain that I have to give up my run half way.

I share this with one Adidas sales assistant at Vivo City outlet and she acknowledged that most running shoes are sew using 3 different parts. For Boost only 2 hence some people will not suitable due to the narrowing at the front.

I tried it on once. It's very narrow. Not suitable if one has a wider forefoot. Hence although I like the cushioning, I didn't buy it.

I tried it on once. It's very narrow. Not suitable if one has a wider forefoot. Hence although I like the cushioning, I didn't buy it.

I'm never a fan of adidas running shoes. Like Nike, they're just very marketing driven. But i've gotta admit at least adidas apparels are most probably of better quality than Brooks haha

I'm never a fan of adidas running shoes. Like Nike, they're just very marketing driven. But i've gotta admit at least adidas apparels are most probably of better quality than Brooks haha

Frankly that's not a very high bar to match. Even the generic no-brand YRPR singlet was a much better cut and material than Brooks. IMO Adidas rank 2nd after 2XU for the race singlets, followed by NB. All subjected to my patented 'After Run Wrung Test'.

Disclaimer: Above observation restricted to race singlets provided by the respective brand. Retail offering and pricier options may vary in quality. Who knows the most expensive retail Brooks singlet may actually be the best of all. -_-

$8o slots is taken up fast also. At this rate , by the time this race launch for first timer runner will longer have chance to get the priority slots. 4500 slots will whip in no time.

:startle:

First timer like myself are going to be getting abit stressed soon if we are aiming for the cheapest possible slots.

(But I won't mind paying the normal rate if I am that unlucky enough, although some may not agree with what I thought :lol:)

But I am curious on why some fellow first timers are concerned about incident when one runner passed away in the previous edition which somehow discourages them to join,

bcos there's more to life than just running ....

yes, hard to believe as most of us here would have withdrawal symptoms if we aren't allowed to run after 2-3 days

but hey no life ... no run right ? :lol:

bcos there's more to life than just running ....

yes, hard to believe as most of us here would have withdrawal symptoms if we aren't allowed to run after 2-3 days

but hey no life ... no run right ? :lol:

That's what people tell me too when I told them that I want to keep extending my runs.

Quite true for a runner :D No life no run.

no lah the truth is very simple

know your limits !!!

and don't push yourself

since u first timer, best get used to this line ....

Listen To Your Body

:lol:

set a realistic goal

and you be fine :)