Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

ouch!! that hurt…. by calling a lady old blood….

Opps not the age of course, but she is hitting 1k posts soon.. ;)

I benefited from this forum a lot, was keen to restart my running and in this forum have alot of good information and very informative blogs from the folks here! Really thankful of what the forum provides n hope it can still go on, for all the like-minded people. :)

Hi

Could I ask you guys how to go to these 3 places for my running purpose? If I don't take a cab, how can I go to the following places via MRT + Bus? I mean at which MRT station I must alight, and which bus I must take after getting off the MRT.

1. East Coast Park

2. West Coast Park

3. NUS

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Could I ask you guys how to go to these 3 places for my running purpose? If I don't take a cab, how can I go to the following places via MRT + Bus? I mean at which MRT station I must alight, and which bus I must take after getting off the MRT.

1. East Coast Park

You can take the MRT to Kembangan MRT which has the Siglap Park Connector to East Coast Park area C4. Estimated distance should be about 3-4km and 3 traffic lights encountered before you reach ECP area C4 via overhead bridge.

Here is the NParks weblink for your reference on Siglap Park Connector: http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=parkconnectors&id=18&Itemid=375

Hi

1. East Coast Park

2. West Coast Park

3. NUS

Thanks in advance.

1 East Coast Park

You can stop at Eunos MRT and take bus 13, alight 6 stops later at Marine Crescent block 45 and walk towards the ECP via the underpass. You'll end up close to Long Beach Restaurant.

Or, better yet, you can use http://www.streetdirectory.com/ to find your way via MRT / bus.

Hi

1. East Coast Park

2. West Coast Park

3. NUS

Thanks in advance.

Where you live actually ?

Hi

1. East Coast Park

2. West Coast Park

3. NUS

Thanks in advance.

my infor are from internet... so do verify when you reach the mrt stations.....

2. West coast park -- bus service 176 alights directly outside or 175 from clementi mrt... bus services 30, 51 and 143 alights in front of another park and takes 5mins walk to west coast park....

3. NUS (mrt are kent ridge, buona vista and clementi)

Buses have different numbers according to different mrts.... maybe you can look for the NUS signboard when u reached the bus stop of the mrt......

Yeah lor, I where got old? :(

Cute-Baby-Pictures-29.jpg

Thanks for all comments.

@Beepbeep I'm from Thailand, but I mostly stay on Orchard road when I go to work in Singapore.

Oh, if by bus, you can number 36 , take you straight to Parkway Parade ( when you alight, walk about 5 - 7 mins to East Coast Park )

And this bus can also take you to Changi Airport too ....

http://www.transitlink.com.sg/eservice/eguide/service_route.php?service=36 >> Alight at Parkway Parade

with regards to SCMS ....

I am quite disappointed that i did not see SGRunners presence anywhere ....

be it Padang, or anywhere on the course

I think that pretty much sums up the direction with which this forum is headed

:(

None of the forum moderators seem to be actively participating in the forum anymore.

I wonder who is administering the sgRunners Facebook page......

Its true that most of the mods are no longer participating in this forum due to changes in individual lives (marriage, kids or no longer participating in events etc). I still view the training section of the forum on a weekly basis actually but most of the inquires are repeated ones where answers can be found just by doing a search in the forum. But if there's a tricky question or findings with new updates in the sciences, I will definately still post a reply.

with regards to SCMS ....

I am quite disappointed that i did not see SGRunners presence anywhere ....

be it Padang, or anywhere on the course

I think that pretty much sums up the direction with which this forum is headed

:(

None of the forum moderators seem to be actively participating in the forum anymore.

I wonder who is administering the sgRunners Facebook page......

Its true that most of the mods are no longer participating in this forum due to changes in individual lives (marriage, kids or no longer participating in events etc). I still view the training section of the forum on a weekly basis actually but most of the inquires are repeated ones where answers can be found just by doing a search in the forum. But if there's a tricky question or findings with new updates in the sciences, I will definately still post a reply.

A mod!! Thanks for still dropping by.. I realised SCMS thread generate a lot of replies from names I dont see in other threads, and its already 108 page long!

Cute-Baby-Pictures-29.jpg

Pris.. i really lolz when i saw the pic, sooooooo cute! ;)

Pris.. i really lolz when i saw the pic, sooooooo cute! ;)

Hehehe. Forever young. :P

Wah pris I never know u look so ang mo when u were young...=p

Hahaha, Autumn!!!!!

Hi

Where can I buy Brooks running shoes in Singapore? Also, could I still get a big discount like the one in SCMS2014?

Thanks

I always buy at Queensway shopping centre (near to Ikea Alexandra outlet), the past season shoes are cheaper there, and I'm sure they have brooks. But not sure if its the cheapest in town though.

Hi

Where can I buy Brooks running shoes in Singapore? Also, could I still get a big discount like the one in SCMS2014?

Thanks

Brooks is distributed by KPI. Just look out for the REPC organised by Pink Apple and there's a 60-70% chance that KPI will be there to set up booth. Most of the times they will be selling Brooks shoe. You can also buy them from KPI stores and WOS stores. The past season at WOS is also quite attractive during sales times. So may want to keep an eye for sales time.

Hi

Thanks

Brooks is distributed by KPI. Just look out for the REPC organised by Pink Apple and there's a 60-70% chance that KPI will be there to set up booth. Most of the times they will be selling Brooks shoe. You can also buy them from KPI stores and WOS stores. The past season at WOS is also quite attractive during sales times. So may want to keep an eye for sales time.

There's a 50% WOS sale today, for the New Year.

Hi

Thanks

There's a 50% WOS sale today, for the New Year.

can also try KPI factory outlet at IMM

SCMS may be over but here's some update for those who may be still looking to exchange their race singlet and/or finisher tee.

Hey runners! We're holding a warehouse sale with some great deals for runners, with the chance for singlet size exchanges for those who are keen! We know some of you would still like to swap your SCMS2014 race singlets and/or finisher tees for a size that fits you better, and we’re happy to offer the exchange for you. We apologize for the delay as previously, we were unable to offer the exchange as singlets were manufactured in exact numbers for runners. Post-race, there are leftover singlets from uncollected race packs, hence we have collated them and are able to organize the exchange for you now.

Items available at the exchange:
- Running singlets exchange - sizes available: female S to XL (very limited stocks for S) / male S to XL (very limited stocks for XL)
- Finisher tee-shirt exchange –only one size available: unisex S
- Kids dash tee-shirt exchange –sizes available: 128 to 176
Items available for sale:
- Official SCMS2014 Adidas merchandise up to 60% discount
- Running singlets for sale at 10$
- Kids dash tee-shirt selling at 8$
Time & Date: 30 & 31 January 2015. 10am-6pm.
Venue: 221 Henderson Road, #01-02, S(159557)

We’ll be tweeting about the availability of sizes in stock from the event, so follow us at @marathonsg for those updates. Payment is by cash only. See you there!

1. East Coast Park. I'm probably the worst person to ask for directions. But I will choose Bedok MRT & run to ECP (~3KM) and carry on running to you desired distance. Loop back to Bedok MRT when you want to go home.

*** deleted sweet baby ***

Wow Pris, congratulation on your great feat of 1000 km "run on fingers" ! :goodjob:

Salute to your great blog write up too ...

Hi

Where can I buy running medal hangers/holders in Singapore? I found some during SCMS 2014 expo days, but I didn't buy them at that time.

I prefer stylish ones.

Thanks