Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

---- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2015 (25 Jan 2015) -----

Not yet booked. Waiting for cheap tickets. Last year, i paid around 250 for CX.

good deal! Maybank and CX got promo, 278 to HK.

Hi,

For SCHKM, there is no finisher medal for 10K and HM, and only souvenir medal will be given to all 10K and HM runner before the race day, right?

Thanks

http://www.hkmarathon.com/Event_Info/FAQ.htm

What does the entry fee include?

The entry fee includes:

An official T-shirt and a souvenir

There is no guarantee that your selected size will be available, and the T-shirt sizes given to participants will be subject to the availability in stock.

A runner's pack

Bib & safety pins, baggage bag & tag, timing chip and Runners Guide.

Distilled water

It will be available on en-route and the Finish. (For details, please refer to the Runners Guide)

Service

First Aid Station will be set up at start area, at water points along the course & at finish area, baggage deposit and physiotherapy services.

Finisher Medal (Marathon participants only)

It will be given to Marathon runners who finish within the specified time limits.

This is pretty strict.. only the FM got medal.. no wonder year after year the FM slots are snatched within minutes ..... I think they shld start the balloting soon....

Hi,

For SCHKM, there is no finisher medal for 10K and HM, and only souvenir medal will be given to all 10K and HM runner before the race day, right?

Thanks

This is pretty strict.. only the FM got medal.. no wonder year after year the FM slots are snatched within minutes ..... I think they shld start the balloting soon....

I did the 42km back in 2013...I got the souvenir medal during race pack collection back then.

As for finisher medal for 21km & 10km runners, I think still have it so long they finish within the cutoff timing.

One thing's for sure...no finisher tee for all runners, including the 42km category :turned:

Hi,

Thanks

I did the 42km back in 2013...I got the souvenir medal during race pack collection back then.

As for finisher medal for 21km & 10km runners, I think still have it so long they finish within the cutoff timing.

One thing's for sure...no finisher tee for all runners, including the 42km category :turned:

nopez...no medals for 10km and 21km

HI Bro Ultimate Warrior,

How did you manage to get a $279 Cathay ticket?

Appreciate if you can share the lobang.

THX

It was Maybank Credit card offer last month. Maybank offer already over. I think the new promotion is with UOB. Not sure if still got tix so cheap during that period. You can try it at cathay pacific website

HI Bro Ultimate Warrior,

How did you manage to get a $279 Cathay ticket?

Appreciate if you can share the lobang.

THX

It was Maybank Credit card offer last month. Maybank offer already over. I think the new promotion is with UOB. Not sure if still got tix so cheap during that period. You can try it at cathay pacific website

I booked it ytd via www.zuji.com.sg :rock:

It was an UOB promo...think it's still available....i booked for 23-26 Jan period :turned:

Oh dear, I didn't check the race info and registered for the age group race >.< Has anyone ran there at 5:30am before??? :startle:

And also, if I use my bib to go into the 8am start, would that work? Hmmm.

If you start in a wrong race, no certificate will be mailed to you. You can read from FAQ in HK Marathon website.

Hi all,

Just sign up for the scmhkg, the registration was interesting machiam buy iphone. anyway due to some errors i actually sign up for an extra slot for the 7 plus start. Its in my friend passport number, which mean we have 2 registration with 1 passport number, so I am not sure if they allow us to collect both bib. anyway if anyone is interested I will send a email to them to see if we can change the name and passport number.

It will be my first full marathon, so I am really excited, my pass half marathon results varies from 2hr to 2hr 15mins.

I need some advise from the experts here.

1. Which hotel do you all recommend

2. what do we wear for the run, i mean if we are walking from hotel to start point at that time in the morning will be super cold right, i wonder if we can just go in our running singlets. And the end point is diff from the start point so will it be cold in the end point, can we make it back to our hotel in the running vest on mtr or taxis.

3. any tips from runners who have taken part before will be really appreciated.

For your 1st question, it depends on what you want. For me, i want a hotel next to Victoria Park. So, for pass 2 years, i have been staying at Butterfly on Victoria.

For your 2nd question, it is almost impossible to run in Singlet especially Tsing Yi Bridge. For past 2 years, i run with dry fit T + Singlet. I would advice you to wear your running gear from hotel to start point to get your body used to the cold weather. At the end point, once you pick up your bag, immediately wear a running jacket to keep warm.

Thanks for the reply.

have booked mira hotel. Read from the site that is nearest to the start point. May I ask why you want the hotel next to the Victoria park? I thought near to start point is more impt as early morning transport is difficult. After race can take your time to go back to hotel.

And as for attire, u mean we need to bring a bag to put jacket? still thinking booking a hotel nearby so that we can skip the bag deposit.

How much do you pay per night for booking at Mira? I also booked this hotel, but the rate is pretty high. It costs me approximately $US 270 per night, and I'm making up my mind whether I should find new hotel. P.S. I booked from Thailand.

can i ask how did u all actually manage to register for this race online... as i heard from my frens that it is usually sold out in less than 1 hr for the FM category esp......

can i ask how did u all actually manage to register for this race online... as i heard from my frens that it is usually sold out in less than 1 hr for the FM category esp......

sit in front of PC starting from 6:30-6:45am and keep refreshing (finger exercise is important! :lolu: ). really...i've friends who parked themselves in front of the PC at 6:45am this year.

overseas runners can also register during REPC but you can't enter the first wave and pay more. note: go on friday coz the quota may run out.

SCHKM has quotas for online; post; hand in personally at association; REPC (overseas runners only).

if you've friends/relatives in HK, maybe try registering at association?

sit in front of PC starting from 6:30-6:45am and keep refreshing (finger exercise is important! :lolu: ). really...i've friends who parked themselves in front of the PC at 6:45am this year.

overseas runners can also register during REPC but you can't enter the first wave and pay more. note: go on friday coz the quota may run out.

SCHKM has quotas for online; post; hand in personally at association; REPC (overseas runners only).

if you've friends/relatives in HK, maybe try registering at association?

Sounds very stressful to do the online registration based on a first come first serve basis.

That is why I still prefer balloting if the running event tends to be very popular to give chance to first time participants.

Need to also make sure the PC used is also operating properly and don't have computer crash :lolu::geek:

Wah... stress like that... High chance can't get it... depends on the speed of the Internet as well.... even if ballot I doubt they will give 1st timers higher chances right...

Wah... stress like that... High chance can't get it... depends on the speed of the Internet as well.... even if ballot I doubt they will give 1st timers higher chances right...

So need to have Fibre Broadband? Normal Broadband will is out? lol