Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

---- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2015 (25 Jan 2015) -----

hi, just wondering if u guys have gotten the email confirmation? I was one of the early morning registrants, but there's been no email from the organizers.. thanks..

hi, just wondering if u guys have gotten the email confirmation? I was one of the early morning registrants, but there's been no email from the organizers.. thanks..

Check ur spam inbox? I got mine within 10-15 minutes after I'm done with the payment. :turned:

Took more than 1 hour to register....can't even access the website initially and was in the queue system for more than 30 mins...

Ah well, at least I got a slot....now to ponder to go or not to go...

Payment done and got my slot for the 0640am flagoff, Marathon Run 1 category :rock:

I chose the 0710am flagoff. How does the 6 hours cut off work? Will they forfeit runners who come in later than 1240pm or 110pm?

GOSH...!!!

Next fight : 21 KM registration on 19 Sept , 7.00am :crazysmile:

So beep2 are you going for 42km or 21km?

GOSH...!!!

Next fight : 21 KM registration on 19 Sept , 7.00am :crazysmile:

So beep2 are you going for 42km or 21km?

Not going for the HK scm...

Still waiting the ballot result for Tokyo ....

Payment done and got my slot for the 0640am flagoff, Marathon Run 1 category :rock:

I chose the 0710am flagoff. How does the 6 hours cut off work? Will they forfeit runners who come in later than 1240pm or 110pm?

There are few checkpoints along the route and you must reach the checkpoints within a certain timing.

There are also few double deck buses waiting at the checkpoints.

There are few checkpoints along the route and you must reach the checkpoints within a certain timing.

Thanks bro!

Damn I should have chosen the earlier timing then. Will have 30 more mins of cut off time. I am a bit worried that if I get into a much later wave I will have even less than 6 hours to clear.

Thanks bro!

Damn I should have chosen the earlier timing then. Will have 30 more mins of cut off time. I am a bit worried that if I get into a much later wave I will have even less than 6 hours to clear.

In some other run I went for, cut-off time at checkpoints are calculated from the time the last runner crossed the start line.

That said, those who started in earlier wave and took more than allocated chip time to complete, will still not get official timings & cert.

You may want to check if HKM is the same.

Thanks bro!

In some other run I went for, cut-off time at checkpoints are calculated from the time the last runner crossed the start line.

That said, those who started in earlier wave and took more than allocated chip time to complete, will still not get official timings & cert.

I doubt the flagoff time we chose will "eat" into the 6hr limit, otherwise it will be unfair to the slower runners.

Back in 2013, i did the 6.10am flagoff as well and although I managed to clear it in 5:19, I still see runners coming thru the finishing line 1 hour later.

Hi all,

Just sign up for the scmhkg, the registration was interesting machiam buy iphone. anyway due to some errors i actually sign up for an extra slot for the 7 plus start. Its in my friend passport number, which mean we have 2 registration with 1 passport number, so I am not sure if they allow us to collect both bib. anyway if anyone is interested I will send a email to them to see if we can change the name and passport number.

It will be my first full marathon, so I am really excited, my pass half marathon results varies from 2hr to 2hr 15mins.

I need some advise from the experts here.

1. Which hotel do you all recommend

2. what do we wear for the run, i mean if we are walking from hotel to start point at that time in the morning will be super cold right, i wonder if we can just go in our running singlets. And the end point is diff from the start point so will it be cold in the end point, can we make it back to our hotel in the running vest on mtr or taxis.

3. any tips from runners who have taken part before will be really appreciated.

Hi all,

Just sign up for the scmhkg, the registration was interesting machiam buy iphone. anyway due to some errors i actually sign up for an extra slot for the 7 plus start. Its in my friend passport number, which mean we have 2 registration with 1 passport number, so I am not sure if they allow us to collect both bib. anyway if anyone is interested I will send a email to them to see if we can change the name and passport number.

It will be my first full marathon, so I am really excited, my pass half marathon results varies from 2hr to 2hr 15mins.

2. what do we wear for the run, i mean if we are walking from hotel to start point at that time in the morning will be super cold right, i wonder if we can just go in our running singlets. And the end point is diff from the start point so will it be cold in the end point, can we make it back to our hotel in the running vest on mtr or taxis.

For your 1st question, it depends on what you want. For me, i want a hotel next to Victoria Park. So, for pass 2 years, i have been staying at Butterfly on Victoria.

For your 2nd question, it is almost impossible to run in Singlet especially Tsing Yi Bridge. For past 2 years, i run with dry fit T + Singlet. I would advice you to wear your running gear from hotel to start point to get your body used to the cold weather. At the end point, once you pick up your bag, immediately wear a running jacket to keep warm.

Hi all,

For your 1st question, it depends on what you want. For me, i want a hotel next to Victoria Park. So, for pass 2 years, i have been staying at Butterfly on Victoria.

For your 2nd question, it is almost impossible to run in Singlet especially Tsing Yi Bridge. For past 2 years, i run with dry fit T + Singlet. I would advice you to wear your running gear from hotel to start point to get your body used to the cold weather. At the end point, once you pick up your bag, immediately wear a running jacket to keep warm.

Thanks for the reply.

have booked mira hotel. Read from the site that is nearest to the start point. May I ask why you want the hotel next to the Victoria park? I thought near to start point is more impt as early morning transport is difficult. After race can take your time to go back to hotel.

And as for attire, u mean we need to bring a bag to put jacket? still thinking booking a hotel nearby so that we can skip the bag deposit.

Thanks bro!

I doubt the flagoff time we chose will "eat" into the 6hr limit, otherwise it will be unfair to the slower runners.

Back in 2013, i did the 6.10am flagoff as well and although I managed to clear it in 5:19, I still see runners coming thru the finishing line 1 hour later.

I think its not possible to be fair to all the runners lah. But no matter what the last wave will be at the most disadvantaged, so will try to squeeze into an earlier wave for the 710am slot.

So am I right to say that you will still get a finisher medal as long as you reached all the checkpoints within the timings, but whether or not you will receive the certificate depends on the chip time which they will check after the run?

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply.

have booked mira hotel. Read from the site that is nearest to the start point. May I ask why you want the hotel next to the Victoria park? I thought near to start point is more impt as early morning transport is difficult. After race can take your time to go back to hotel.

And as for attire, u mean we need to bring a bag to put jacket? still thinking booking a hotel nearby so that we can skip the bag deposit.

No issue with transportation - the trains start early for this event

Just to answer some questions raised earlier:

If I understand the question correctly,cut-off time is based on the flag-off time of the slot you registered for. Hence a slot with later time does not mean you share the cut-off time of a earlier slot.

For attire, do note that it will be very cold. This year's or rather next year's run will be in January - about one month earlier than previous and might be colder. This year(2014) was in Feb and there were days just before run in which temperature was single digit. I was wearing the long-sleeve compression top with a running top over it. Up to start line I was wearing another tee over - 3 pcs in total! But I guess it boils down person to person. There were locals in Spartan costume!

Someone mentioned he was staying near Victoria Park which might make sense as race pack collection is near there and hence good for those flying in only a day before to collect race pack. Post race also good as you wont have to wander around after the race to get back. Getting to start point is fairly easy - but that could be because I was only doing HM so later start time. In any case I was staying at Mongkok and took the MTR over.

Bag deposit wise is also quite reliable. Their efficiency can be noted from the fact that the vehicles for storing your bags only need to roll in like 5 minutes before deposit starts.

Oh dear, I didn't check the race info and registered for the age group race >.< Has anyone ran there at 5:30am before??? :startle:

And also, if I use my bib to go into the 8am start, would that work? Hmmm.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply.

For me, i want to get back to the hotel as fast as i could. Don't want to stuck in MTR feeling shag.

There is no issue with morning traffic. In fact, i was too early this year that i have to sit inside Tsim Sha Tsui MTR for 30 mins to keep myself warm.

Jacket is must after the race to keep you warm. Losing too much heat after the race is very dangerous.

I was in the queue at 7.45 am for the 21 km registration close to 18000 ahead of me, when I get into the registration page only to be put on HOLD staus after 1.5 hours and to watch all the cat being sold out one after the other.

I was in the queue at 7.45 am for the 21 km registration close to 18000 ahead of me, when I get into the registration page only to be put on HOLD staus after 1.5 hours and to watch all the cat being sold out one after the other.

Haha.. Exactly the same for me!!! It was agonsing to watch all the categories being sold out right infront of my eyes and there's nothing I can do except to keep refreshing the page and hope that one becomes available ... Well.. No luck this year.. Try again next year...

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply.

For me, i want to get back to the hotel as fast as i could. Don't want to stuck in MTR feeling shag.

There is no issue with morning traffic. In fact, i was too early this year that i have to sit inside Tsim Sha Tsui MTR for 30 mins to keep myself warm.

Jacket is must after the race to keep you warm. Losing too much heat after the race is very dangerous.

Cold or warm is really subjective... Before i went for this amazing race @ 2012, i read the thread and realised quite a lot of pppl mentioned it is a cold weather to run.. But when i was there, i think it is cooling weather to run and it was my best timing for FM till now.. The weather is perfect to run in a running singlet.. after the race, weather is still considered ok for me.. not cold at all...

I bring a black sleeve tee with me and it hang at my back for most of the time.... so if u guys are the "not scared of cold" person, most likely u don't need to worry the weather at hk will be cold...

Still the best FM run i have done in my life so far... wish to do another one but kids are still young to go oversea...

i will want to do again..