Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

absoluthal

---- Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2015 (25 Jan 2015) -----

[Hong Kong, 26 May 2014]
The HKAAA, organizer of the Standard Chartered Hong Kong
Marathon 2015 announced today the event will take place on 25 January 2015 (Sunday). We
believe by moving the event from the post-Chinese New Year period to an earlier date runners
can benefit from the generally more favorable weather conditions in January. “Run for a
Reason” will continue to be the theme for next year’s Marathon. Those planning to take part in
the race are encouraged to start training now to ensure race safety and enjoyment. Event
information and registration arrangement will be announced on the Marathon website
(www.hkmarathon.com) and official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hkmarathon) in late August 2014.

post-13576-0-17227600-1401090271_thumb.j

CNY 2015 will be 19Feb (Thursday)

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/singapore/chinese-new-year-day

Since year of Bunny till Horse, scHKm always during mth of February. If Hk100 not gona switch date, gona skip & go for my scHKm. 4 down 8 to Go -HUAT Lar 8)

Same day as HK Vibram 100

for elites can do Back2Back mah . Take scHKm as recovery run >_<"

yeah i heard some of my friends are considering HK100 + 10km or 21km the following morning

Was hoping they postpone it to March next year due to CNY but they brought it forward instead.

Most likely would have to give it a miss again...sigh.

Last year the full marathon race registration opens before 7am and by 10.15am, the slots are taken up. Can someone tell me why so hot?

I'm not going to miss for next year race.

Was hoping they postpone it to March next year due to CNY but they brought it forward instead.

Most likely would have to give it a miss again...sigh.

probably temps might be slightly higher in March compared to January; very few events in summer (even though March is not summer...just to give you an idea)

Last year the full marathon race registration opens before 7am and by 10.15am, the slots are taken up. Can someone tell me why so hot?

i asked my hk fren.... but they have no idea as well...... one of them is a runner who takes part every year though.... it could be their annual biggest running event and slots were limited to give runners best experience?/

i heard got hello kitty circus series launched then.... Maybe Singaporeans going over to run and buy hello kitty that's why sold out fast :shifty:

it should still be rather cold in Jan in HK right??

Its actually not that cold. It rreally depends what time of the day and the location. Dec is chilly especially nights and early mornings at the peak area. since I was stayin there I had the opportunity to run up the peak trail. January should be fine and I doubt the race is gonna start at 5am in the morning so it shouldn't be that cold.

it should still be rather cold in Jan in HK right??

Its actually not that cold. It rreally depends what time of the day and the location. Dec is chilly especially nights and early mornings at the peak area. since I was stayin there I had the opportunity to run up the peak trail. January should be fine and I doubt the race is gonna start at 5am in the morning so it shouldn't be that cold.

It also depends on whether the weather went bonker or not. This year, it is very cold from the day i land (13 Feb) till the day i left (18 Feb).

The usual place along the route that is cold are the bridges.

so anyone registered for the 2015 edition???

Started already?? i thought in August but havent announced?

BTW, am considering the 10km or 21km as part of short holiday. Anyone have previous experience e.g. whether the scenery is good or as good as FM experience?

You can still register on-site during the race pack collection for overseas runners.

Oh really? Is it a sure-get thing? I am thinking that I may go on a last minute consideration, if on-site registration is possible.

You can still register on-site during the race pack collection for overseas runners.

sure?? this one i never hear of... i only rem that the slots were early taken up always.....

sure?? this one i never hear of... i only rem that the slots were early taken up always.....

yes, overseas runners can sign up during RPC for overseas runners but for FM, think you'll go in the last wave. bear in mind, it would be good if you can make it on day 1 of RPC coz HKAAA operates quotas for various sign-ups (online, walk-ins, postal, at RPC etc); so they close once the quota is up

nice....... but if already confirmed... then shld jus sign up loh....

Always good to have extra options.

They allowed that every year.

And 2 of my frens did that on the eve of the race for this year event.

yes, overseas runners can sign up during RPC for overseas runners but for FM, think you'll go in the last wave. bear in mind, it would be good if you can make it on day 1 of RPC coz HKAAA operates quotas for various sign-ups (online, walk-ins, postal, at RPC etc); so they close once the quota is up

Thanks for the advice and confirmation guys. Will seriously consider on site registration then.

If can't get the slot then will just take it as a short holiday in HK.

the weather is also quite warm during Jan there right??

I tot it should be as cool as the Feb period? I still remember it was freezing cold in the morning hours of the 2013 edition. :startle: