Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bigbear

How u guy keep your medal?

Nice! :thumbsu:

How do you do that? Use a black backing board and shrink wrapped it? Details pls!

There used to another thread that discussed on the same topic but I can't find it anymore. :sorry:

I'm using a tie hanger to hang some of my medals. The rest are just stored in the drawer.

How do you do that? Use a black backing board and shrink wrapped it? Details pls!

There used to another thread that discussed on the same topic but I can't find it anymore. :sorry:

I'm using a tie hanger to hang some of my medals. The rest are just stored in the drawer.

I cut the cardboard to 80x100mm, then use black velvet to wrap the cardboard to make it as background. Then sew a few stitches at the end of the medal strips to the velvet when the position is set. Roll the medal strap nicely which required some patient. Wrap with clear book transparent sheet. All the scotch tape should be done at the back, when every thing are wrapped, hair dryer the front to let the clear transparent to form the shape.

I cut the cardboard to 80x100mm, then use black velvet to wrap the cardboard to make it as background. Then sew a few stitches at the end of the medal strips to the velvet when the position is set. Roll the medal strap nicely which required some patient. Wrap with clear book transparent sheet. All the scotch tape should be done at the back, when every thing are wrapped, hair dryer the front to let the clear transparent to form the shape.

wahahaha ... all that hard work for your medals !

got to hand it to you ... job well done :thumbsu:

seems like (if i have to do it for myself) ... this is harder work than the (actual) run itself :lol:

ok, i came across this local FB page :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1417637315175457&set=a.1409818902623965.1073741827.100007876058940&type=1&theater

10320416_1417637315175457_21812996916625

maybe when i have enough medals then i do likewise ...

but still some ways off :lol:

Will the medals turn rusty over time if we hang it this way? :turned:

ya good point ... never thought of that

i think more likely to oxidize badly first (like coins, which is bad enuff) ...

and eventually rust might kick in !

This is how I kept my medals... chucking then in a pathetic corner for a few years And finally decided to free them up...

Look at the attachment by rotation of 90deg clockwise

post-21649-0-57560900-1399970652_thumb.j

This is how I kept my medals... chucking then in a pathetic corner for a few years And finally decided to free them up...

20140513_150949.jpg

wah u SCSM veteran of 6 yrs

I tot u newbie also lol

Look at the attachment by rotation of 90deg clockwise20140513_150949.jpg

wah u SCSM veteran of 6 yrs

I tot u newbie also lol

6 years still can be considered newbie leh.. haa... Timing still not so good after these years... haa...

Look at the attachment by rotation of 90deg clockwise20140513_150949.jpg

Very nice!

Thanks Bro. .. More to go to complete the board...haa

attachicon.gif20140513_150949.jpg

Nice Job bro :goodjob: . I just keep them in a shoe box. Never open it again. Feeling guilty now.

Nice Job bro :goodjob: . I just keep them in a shoe box. Never open it again. Feeling guilty now.

if the medals could hear and talk back ...

each and every one of them will demand that you wear them out one at a time on each of your runs to make up for it hahaha

Wah! SOme of u really make an effort to keep your medals. :goodjob::thumbsu:

I just throw them into a drawer. :bad:

Is there a place where we can dump old medals so that they can be re-cycle? I only know during Run350 race pack collection, there's a place to deposit old medal.Not sure of any other locations.

if the medals could hear and talk back ...

each and every one of them will demand that you wear them out one at a time on each of your runs to make up for it hahaha

Luckily they can't talk. LOL...

Is there a place where we can dump old medals so that they can be re-cycle? I only know during Run350 race pack collection, there's a place to deposit old medal.Not sure of any other locations.

I don't rem there are places to do that.... only the Run350 race did the effort for recycling....

i had them in drawers for a few years as well... but a sudden thought one day just made me feel bad for them.... cause i earned them but yet they are all cramped in one corner.... so i jus decided to spend some effort and $$$$ to do it.... and it becomes a motivation for me as well... sometimes plain looking at the medals just got me back some good old memories.... each race speaks a story....

I don't rem there are places to do that.... only the Run350 race did the effort for recycling....

i had them in drawers for a few years as well... but a sudden thought one day just made me feel bad for them.... cause i earned them but yet they are all cramped in one corner.... so i jus decided to spend some effort and $$$$ to do it.... and it becomes a motivation for me as well... sometimes plain looking at the medals just got me back some good old memories.... each race speaks a story....

True also. Some medals have higher sentimental values because need to "pia very hard" to earn them.

I have a couple of medals that have rust on them. Guess I did not clean off my perspiration before keeping them.

True also. Some medals have higher sentimental values because need to "pia very hard" to earn them.

I have a couple of medals that have rust on them. Guess I did not clean off my perspiration before keeping them.

It could just be that the medal is not of a good quality.... so even moisture in the air would cause it to rust.... so the sweat might not be the only cause....

I don't own a single medal from my races...I sell them all away online. dun like to collect medals.

btw I have green corridor door run medal for sale, $8. anyone interested?

I don't own a single medal from my races...I sell them all away online. dun like to collect medals.

btw I have green corridor door run medal for sale, $8. anyone interested?

I got request from someone asking me to sell him my medals but then I do not have lotsa medals that he is asking for. :blush:

hmmm.......

wahahha.... extreme perspective again.....

huh wat u mean by that?

extreme cause i kept them and hang them up nicely while u sell all away..... isn't our cases very extreme....hahahhhah

wahahha.... extreme perspective again.....

huh wat u mean by that?

extreme cause i kept them and hang them up nicely while u sell all away..... isn't our cases very extreme....hahahhhah

Our buddy Nobok here sells his medals away, but collects all the event tees. This is another extreme perspective IMO hahaha