Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutumnRunner

Roller Foam

I cant find a really suitable section to put this topic so placed in under Gears....

Have anyone have close encounter with foam rollers to improve recovery for tired and fatigued muscles?? seems to have quite a number of different types....so a bit messy for me to absorb.... any advice??

so a grid one is better than foam one in its lifespan.... but it seems harder so definitely more painful.... for a beginner like me, suitable?

I have the grid roller. Its great! I am beginner too! It really is not that painful.

Really relieves the soreness and tightness of the leg muscles.

Can also help with the upper body, glutes and arm muscles.

Hard for me to target calves since I not strong enough to support my upper body with hand to exert full weight onto them T.T

Guess you have to consider size too. The long ones are kinda difficult to carry around and the smaller one to me hard to do a full body roll so I settled for the in between length.

There is also the rumble roller! That one seems like the most painful! Literally spikes everywhr!

rumble i dun dare to try... lol... the grid looks crazy enough.... there are different sizes?? those i saw as mentioned by tekko only comes with a sinze.. which i assume is the medium length.....

I've been using the grid roller for a week plus. Calves and shins areas were bearable but I find it painful when I massage my quads and ITB. The after feel is good though.

Using the GRID foam roller. Really loosen the knots. There is some discomfort when using it, but feels good after. Similar to deep tissue massage I guess.

ok... i think i shall get the GRID then since most of you recommended that than the EVA foam..... now is the $$$ issue... finding one as low as possible....

$75 I saw at KPI today. But my buddy recommends a longer roller which KPI says out of stock. Not sure how much will it cost if the short ones are already $75 !

$75 I saw at KPI today. But my buddy recommends a longer roller which KPI says out of stock. Not sure how much will it cost if the short ones are already $75 !

Got mine from Amazon.

i tried the short one (13in) in one fo the physio room.... seems to be good enough... cause most of the parts we will need to do one muscle at a time.... too long a roller foam does not help much....

Tried for 4 days. .. or rather I meant roll for 4 days. .. well... a lot of pain points so still unsure if this is really useful... But as of now still not yet for me ...

Hey peeps. I have 2 rollers. 1 large foam roller and 1 short trigger point roller. Pls note if u have never used it before. Be gentle when u first start. Start off with foam first to warm up before u use the trigger roller. As u roll everyday or alternate days. U will adjust to the trigger roller.

If u r wondering why I have 2 rollers in different materials thats because it does different things. The large foam roller can be used to train stability when u do core work out meaning ur spine is aligned to the length of the roller. The foam provides cushioning for those who have back problems. U cam also use it for a mat pilates work out. Whereas trigger point roller u can step on it to do advance pikes and so forth. It really depends what u use it for.