Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prisangel

Boston Marathon 2014: One Year after the Bombings

With heightened security levels, the Boston Marathon 2014 went well this morning, with American Meb Keflezighi taking the title. His victory marked the first time since 1983, that an American has won the Boston Marathon. Thought that this is particularly symbolic, considering the horrors that took place last year.

What is even more meaningful, is that Meb wrote the names of the victims of the bombings on his race bib. So by winning the race, it is not only for him, but may help to give some sense of closure and comfort as well.

Here's a short blog post that I wrote, on Meb's marathon victory and how an American winning, may help Boston and America to heal. Happy reading guys. :)

American Meb Keflezighi Wins Boston Marathon 2014 | PrisChew.com

thanks Pris...it was truly heartening to see an American winning the race... i was astonished when i saw his name indeed.... it wasnt an easy race cause elite Kenyans always took part in this race.... hahhah

thanks Pris...it was truly heartening to see an American winning the race... i was astonished when i saw his name indeed.... it wasnt an easy race cause elite Kenyans always took part in this race.... hahhah

Hey AutumnRunner, thanks for your kind words.

Take a look at Shariff aka Singapore Blade Runner's touching and moving personal experiences at the Boston Marathon too, in post #2.

wah.... another inspiring story from a Singaporean.... something i felt really happy is that despite the frequent DNFs, he still persist and completed the race.... marvellous....

wah.... another inspiring story from a Singaporean.... something i felt really happy is that despite the frequent DNFs, he still persist and completed the race.... marvellous....

Thanks for your nice comments... Really glad that Shariff's Boston story has inspired you. :)

as u know.. i am facing a small injury and already had so much setbacks in terms of training and i kept wondering if i am able to complete or finish my next race..... after his story, i felt that i should persevere....

as u know.. i am facing a small injury and already had so much setbacks in terms of training and i kept wondering if i am able to complete or finish my next race..... after his story, i felt that i should persevere....

Determination and perseverance will carry you pass the finish line! But one has to also listen to the body. If your injury or pain gets worse over the course of training, the lesser evil is to forgo the race and get a full recovery before racing again. Wishing you a speedy recovery and train safe!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your injury. Injuries are never fun, but you'll definitely be back on your feet and completely healed eventually.

Yes, perseverance and determination can definitely bring you far. I can't agree more. It is this, that separates the finishers from the "rats" and those who just choose to give up without wanting to suffer for the rewards.

But as @Jerry says, you do need to listen to your body also, so that you don't risk further injuries and aggravating it.