Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ming76

2014 Chicago Marathon 12 October

Any qualifying time required?

Actually, registration has ended for this year. Can register through balloting, or through qualifying times. For men is 3:15

Actually, registration has ended for this year. Can register through balloting, or through qualifying times. For men is 3:15

I thought this happens for Boston only...... Chicago has such stringent timing as well.....

I think that means Chicago has a priority list.. the rest can still register but entry subject to balloting..

Whereas boston is you have to qualify to run... otherwise you have to raise funds (not sure if there are other methods) to join as a charity runner.

I thought this happens for Boston only...... Chicago has such stringent timing as well.....

NY's qualifying time (if you're not balloting or running for charity) is "worse" than Boston

icic... now i got it.... so meaning that for Boston, one need to qualify in order to run....

for Chicago and NY, you still can run in the race if you are lucky in balloting... right?

Ya.. I guess people will debate if first come first serve better or balloting better :P

I guess balloting is more of a western practice?

Some people register multiple slots so they have higher chance of getting the ballot!

Holy.. you are not kidding when you say NY is "worse".. its like consistently 30 minutes faster for all age and gender????

But I guess then it gives elite/ good runners guaranteed spots so that overall race is more prestigious..

balloting happens in Asia too..... Tokyo Marathon... haha.....

the races gives guarantee to the elites sooo.... for normal runners like me, just have to either train super hard (and still unable to qualify) or find other means so balloting is definitely a good choice....