Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skywalker120500

Race Bib Magnet Pins

Only online order? Any shop to drop by?

Actually the online order process is very simple and all you need is a paypal account to pay for it.

If you buy >5 packs, its only $10 each. Shipping is free. I recently ordered mine and received it within 5 days.

Just be mindful that TackOnz is plastic and small. So 2 things will happen. You will lose it (especially the base - the one that goes behind your bib and t-shirt) and it will break.

Out of my first pack of 6, I broke 2 base and lost a 3rd. So even though the top 'tack' is still functional, they are useless without the base. So I have to re-order. But at $12 a pack, its not excessively exorbitant and it lasted me for > 1 yr and 18 races.

One last tip if you are going to buy/use TackOnz. Always make sure that the tack can fit the bib hole before the race. Some of the holes of the race bibs may be too small for the tack, so you will need a hole puncher to enlarge it yourself. I did not check for one race and realised at race site that I could not use the TackOnz and has to use safety pins instead. ~lol~

actually what are the advantages of using this than the normal safety pins?? i just want more justification before i visit keypower...hahah..... i am quite ok with safety pins so far actually...

No need poke shirt (wont accidental tear/ pull?) and easier to put on ba.. since this positioning more "accurate" vs pin where u have to judge where u poke in

ok..... true... so that is the main advantage?? I can still live with slightly angled bib la.. athough i will try my best to make it horizontal as much as possible...hahahh

The main justification from the marketing hype is that it wont poke holes or rust/stain into your race tee, you wont get accidentally pricked by the safety pins, easier to use, lighter than safety pin and the bibs will be straighter and more upright and looks better and nicer in photos.

Frankly getting the bibs exactly straight can be as much of a challenge and not necessarily easier. What I do usually is to fix the top 2 hole to the bibs as straight as I can and then put my shirt on. Then I would adjust and fix the bottom 2 bib holes. I dun remember getting accidentally pricked from using safety pins or having it rust over the course of a race. It may be lighter but its not really discernible.

So if you ask me, all it does is help to make the bibs look straighter and better in photos. Not really necessary but good to have. :blush:

wahaha..... thanks for the infor.... i remember the rust and stains on my white singlet, esp after a full marathon race.... the exactly straight portion, i think i always managed to pin up quite well cause the photos i took looks nice.... wahahah.....

ok will look at the product in detail and decide.... i saw many runners having it before.... at first i wonder if it will just drop off cause it looks magnetic to me....

Just be mindful that TackOnz is plastic and small. So 2 things will happen. You will lose it (especially the base - the one that goes behind your bib and t-shirt) and it will break.

Out of my first pack of 6, I broke 2 base and lost a 3rd. So even though the top 'tack' is still functional, they are useless without the base. So I have to re-order. But at $12 a pack, its not excessively exorbitant and it lasted me for > 1 yr and 18 races.

One last tip if you are going to buy/use TackOnz. Always make sure that the tack can fit the bib hole before the race. Some of the holes of the race bibs may be too small for the tack, so you will need a hole puncher to enlarge it yourself. I did not check for one race and realised at race site that I could not use the TackOnz and has to use safety pins instead. ~lol~

A product which does the same purpose called Bibfix is available in Hong Kong for HKD18 for a pack of four. Don't know if it can be bought online, otherwise have to 'tumpang' someone going there.

i ran in a race today and realised this morning that the pack does not come with safety pins (volunteers must have forgotten to place them in).... i went to the information counter before the race but none of them have extras.... if i have this, i wouldn't be in such a state...

in the end luckily my gf's bib has 4, so i took 2 from her.....

i ran in a race today and realised this morning that the pack does not come with safety pins (volunteers must have forgotten to place them in).... i went to the information counter before the race but none of them have extras.... if i have this, i wouldn't be in such a state...

in the end luckily my gf's bib has 4, so i took 2 from her.....

wth !!! u no do overnight preps one ah ?

so cool cucumber !!! :lol:

the other thing is ... I always assumed u a married man with kids of your own hahaha

cause this race i am pacing my gf.... so it meant to be an easy pace run for me.... usually i do about 20km over the weekend and since this is less than it and i wouldbe running at a slowler pace, so i didnt care much about it.... but didnt realise that it just take once to understand the importance of prep... sigh.....

oh please... i am only 30 this yr.....running for 5 years.... :growl:

cause this race i am pacing my gf.... so it meant to be an easy pace run for me.... usually i do about 20km over the weekend and since this is less than it and i wouldbe running at a slowler pace, so i didnt care much about it.... but didnt realise that it just take once to understand the importance of prep... sigh.....

oh please... i am only 30 this yr.....running for 5 years.... :growl:

hahaha ... i prep overnight even if i run 3KM early next morning :P

30 ... hmm ... you know what they say about age right ? (reverse riddle for you) lol

i dun usually prep for short runs cause i can leave my water belt and gels at home, basically just clothings and shoes only and off i go...hahah... maybe the races that i accompany my gf to run, i aren't that prepared... whahaha....

age also got riddle ah?? unsure but i just feel that age is only a number which does not carry any meaning to me...i know people will not guess my age as long as i run....waahha

age ... goes up and never comes down !!!

:lol:

lame leh.... :coldb:

but well..... i think i should still get this magnet to prevent such happenings again....

been looking for such bib holder for quite some time. finally stumble onto this thread.

seems like tackonz is breaks quite easily or bro lonewolf is very strong or maybe both!

was wondering if the magnets will really hold the bib together and not slip or move about during runs. prefer bibfix but it's not available in spore.

been looking for such bib holder for quite some time. finally stumble onto this thread.

seems like tackonz is breaks quite easily or bro lonewolf is very strong or maybe both!

was wondering if the magnets will really hold the bib together and not slip or move about during runs. prefer bibfix but it's not available in spore.

Sorry to dig up this thread. I just got the tackonz by mail today which I ordered 2 packets online at http://www.liquidxcape.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/tackonz/tackonz-detail?Itemid=0

I have tested it on a few bibs and they turned out to be fine. My challenge is to get the bib alignment straight only haha ^__^l

Sorry to dig up this thread. I just got the tackonz by mail today which I ordered 2 packets online at http://www.liquidxcape.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/tackonz/tackonz-detail?Itemid=0

I have tested it on a few bibs and they turned out to be fine. My challenge is to get the bib alignment straight only haha ^__^l

Most important thing to rem is to test the hole of the race bib to make sure it fits. I learnt this the hard way for one race where the race bib hole was too small. So in the end, I has to use safety pin instead. :shifty:

Most of the time, you need a punch holder to enlarge the hole of the race bib. And dun chunk away your safety pin just because u have the tackonz. In another race, one of the base holder dropped in the starting pen and my bib was held on 3 corners. :blush:

Most important thing to rem is to test the hole of the race bib to make sure it fits. I learnt this the hard way for one race where the race bib hole was too small. So in the end, I has to use safety pin instead. :shifty:

Most of the time, you need a punch holder to enlarge the hole of the race bib. And dun chunk away your safety pin just because u have the tackonz. In another race, one of the base holder dropped in the starting pen and my bib was held on 3 corners. :blush:

That is a good advice. I tested the Tackonz on a few bibs (Passion Run 2008, army half marathon bibs) and they stick on well so far.

If we have taken part in at least a few races, there are lots of safety pins to spare haha. Those which have rusted due to keeping them too long I have to throw them away.

That is a good advice. I tested the Tackonz on a few bibs (Passion Run 2008, army half marathon bibs) and they stick on well so far.

If we have taken part in at least a few races, there are lots of safety pins to spare haha. Those which have rusted due to keeping them too long I have to throw them away.

I dun know if its my imagination but I swear the holes in the race bib nowadays are getting smaller. When I first got my TackOnz, I only need to enlarge the hole less than half the times. Now its seem like almost every race bib hole is too small for Tackonz.