Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verne Sun

Standard Chartered BKK Marathon 2014

It starts at 1am yes. I stayed at Royal Hotel, though the hotel is old n not fantastic, but quite decent.

Walking distance ard 500m to the start/finish line, 5 mins cab ride to the racepack collection expo and is just opposite Khao San road.

3/4 of the race is running along the expressways. Good spread of waterpoints, with abundance of bananas at the 21st-22nd km mark, unfortunately no fuel gels offered.

Towards the last few kms, u are running along the streets of Wat Phra Kheow where you can see monks walking in the morning and there are lots of ppl cheering you.

End of the race, they hv massage services, free Mac burgers, plenty of fruits and sports drink.. Oh ya, when u collect ur racepack, they gave u the medals as well, so basically u no need to complete to get the medal.

At the race expo, they had booths selling running shoes, GPS watches, local/overseas running events and past years finisher tee.

I might be doing this run again this yr.

It starts at 1am yes. I stayed at Royal Hotel, though the hotel is old n not fantastic, but quite decent.

Walking distance ard 500m to the start/finish line, 5 mins cab ride to the racepack collection expo and is just opposite Khao San road.

3/4 of the race is running along the expressways. Good spread of waterpoints, with abundance of bananas at the 21st-22nd km mark, unfortunately no fuel gels offered.

Towards the last few kms, u are running along the streets of Wat Phra Kheow where you can see monks walking in the morning and there are lots of ppl cheering you.

End of the race, they hv massage services, free Mac burgers, plenty of fruits and sports drink.. Oh ya, when u collect ur racepack, they gave u the medals as well, so basically u no need to complete to get the medal.

At the race expo, they had booths selling running shoes, GPS watches, local/overseas running events and past years finisher tee.

I might be doing this run again this yr.

And the running shoes are quite value for money!!

out of the blue receive a sms from Wesley from raffles runner, reason given:unforeseen circumstances?!?

bull crap, totally RESPONSIBLE fellow, if he'd sms me 1 day before i'd gotten the early bird rate

hmnn...... maybe its only after the early bird period then they realised that they did not manage to get the slot... and getting the slot at other rates might mean more losses to them..... did u try to give them a call?? i think this doesnt sound right to me...

I registered way back in Apr, 4 months later message me tell me this, utterly disgusted, blessing did not book air ticks yet.

his reply nuff to take me off, mentioned did email me when my trash/spam folders dates back 2 weeks never clear, waiting for hm to refund me

not gonna register or book any events with them/him, ever, period