Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swtmt

Gold Coast Marathon 2014

Hello everyone, its been a long time since I last log into sgrunners.

I'll be heading there( by myself) on thurs and staying until mon.

Read about the cold morning breeze and temp change rapidly.. but since we are running at 0720hrs..any advises on wear?

longjohn,full or half compression tights or windbreaker?

I know we should wear and gear up similar as per trg days but its really different in sg and gold coast..

do you guys have a meetup point for locals/sgrunners at the expo or running zone?

Hello everyone, its been a long time since I last log into sgrunners.

I'll be heading there( by myself) on thurs and staying until mon.

Read about the cold morning breeze and temp change rapidly.. but since we are running at 0720hrs..any advises on wear?

longjohn,full or half compression tights or windbreaker?

I know we should wear and gear up similar as per trg days but its really different in sg and gold coast..

do you guys have a meetup point for locals/sgrunners at the expo or running zone?

Hi Shag,

the temp for the FM (0720) will range from 14C-20C as the morning draws on - not too cold, a dri-fit tee with a throw on singlet with compression long/short tights will suffice, more important to have a pair of gloves ($2 type from Dyesol) and scarf/buff will be useful.

The contingent from Singapore will be at Race Expo on Friday 11am-2pm before checking into our hotels. The main group will be staying at Grand Chancellors' Hotel just along Surfers' Paradise.

There will be a meet-up tent (Tourism Events Queensland no 9-11) on race morning for all Singapore runners and friends, as well as a group photo session at 12:30pm (after most of the FMers are back).

Hope to see you there and have a great race.

niice..... how is weather there??? run in singlet ok right???

Personally, I feel that just cover yourself with a cardigan/sweater that '' you wanna throw away '' at the starting point . So run in singlet is ok , you will get warm up after 1.5km

thanks all bros and sis for the inputs, certainty helps in my planning esp when its getting near to my H-hour to fly off.

And thanks to Simon..great writeup always.

There will be a meet-up tent (Tourism Events Queensland no 9-11) on race morning for all Singapore runners and friends, as well as a group photo session at 12:30pm (after most of the FMers are back).

Hope I am back by that time too..

It's a nice run with a rather strong continent from Sg... although more Japanese there. .. But i do catch hold of some Singaporean as we tend to wear the singlets from the run we had IN sg....

Weather was cold initially and my fingers were numb till about 20km before it warms up....

There were some gentle slopes but not an issue at all... Just that i thought it will be almost flat with not many slopes... so the slopes took me by surprise..

The overall crowd was good... many came out from their apartments and cheer for us... even those who were having breakfast at cafes cheered.. impressed..

I like both the finisher tee and medal... finisher tee has 42km written on both front and back... medal is coloured.. One of the nicest rewards I had from races. ...

Nice GCAM 2014. ... its finally over and time for me to rest from running. ..

post-21649-0-77168700-1404647477_thumb.j

post-21649-0-86134900-1404647501_thumb.j

Hi AutumnRunner!

Congrats on your finishing! Did you better your records? Haha everyone I heard doing GCAM comes back with a PB. Really tempting to do one myself soon too.

Congrats bro AutumnRunner. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience! Hope to be able to do this run maybe 1 or 2 years later too.

Thanks guys and gal... yes I smashed my PB by a mere 8mins... wanted more But well its still hardwork and something I aimed for... finally able to indulge myself with all sorts of food... haa...

Thanks. .. You would understand the complete situation there...a pity that i didn't see you around there...haaa

I was looking out for fellow sg runners along the route but all look like japs.... anyway, i only manage to say hi to a few wearing sg running singlets....

I was wearing the 2xu Compression run singlet.... I managed to catch hold of a few others wearing various races from Sg. .. That's why i know they are Our countryman. .. haaa

CLICK HERE!

Come for the run, stay for the fun!

Hello Marathoners,

Thank you for your ongoing or recent interest in the Gold Coast Airport Marathon held on the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia.

We have teamed up with Team FatBird once again to help you prepare for the 2015 event (4 - 5 July) with a series of information sessions and running workshops.

The first of two sessions will be held this Saturday 17 January from 7am to 10am at FatBird Statue/UOB Plaza and will include a run clinic/workshop featuring a 5 - 8 kilometre run.

Singapore's favourite female marathoner, Mok Ying Rong, will conduct an interactive session of warm up drills and stretches before the run.

Staff from Scenic Travel will also provide an overview of the Singaporean travel package and answer your questions. Team FatBird will also talk about the specifically designed 12-week marathon training program Operation Kookaburra commencing in April.

CLICK HERE to register your interest.
RSVP here to indicate your attendance.

We'd love to see you Run Gold Coast this July!

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2015,

Events Management Queensland