Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swtmt

Gold Coast Marathon 2014

essay long ah.... hmn... ok i better try to remember as much things as possible... hahah...... although i am not reli good with words... i tried to google for people who had blogged about this race for 2013 but not many...... most were short and briefed....

my apartment is facing the ocean but unsure if i would be facing that side..... ok i try to ask for....when i reached there...

Yup, check with the reception.

As long any of the windows facing ocean, then you can see sunrise like below everyday..... :)

This was taken from The Shore Apartment 2013

998350_10151744488588582_1868060643_n.jp

oh my... that's nice.... shore apartment.... one of those that was fully booked quite early.... so i didnt manage to book that... the one i booked was further down near to surfers beach... so its about 3.5km away from the starting pt..... anyway last yr, did u encounter any prob, in terms of transport to the start line?? wander if the shuttle bus is adequate....

So far, I have no problem for that bus I hopped on, maybe the others.....

The bus dropped us at one point and we had to walked over to the venue, not far lah , cold only that what I remember...

Oh, I took part 21km last year...Started at 430am or 530am , cant remember the exact timing.

And 42km started at quite late like 730am ? Maybe the 42km runners might encounter bus transportation issue..

oh icic.... 21km starts at 6am... while 42km starts at 720am..... hope wun have a prob..if not i got to jog there liaoz as a warm up...hahah.....

why didnt join this yr ah??

U can jog. about 3km to the venue from Surfer . HAHA

I wanna save money for another travelling but may consider Tokyo Marathon 2015

oh icic.... 21km starts at 6am... while 42km starts at 720am..... hope wun have a prob..if not i got to jog there liaoz as a warm up...hahah.....

why didnt join this yr ah??

U can jog. about 3km to the venue from Surfer . HAHA

I wanna save money for another travelling but may consider Tokyo Marathon 2015

oh my... i am considering Tokyo too but it falls on the 4th day of the lunar new year.... and it might be a little difficult for me...... indeed this GCAM is quite ex... i am not sure the other overseas races but i think this should be one of the most ex FM....

Yup my frens and i are considering a slow jog thee... but 3km and above seems a little too much?

I remember I walked back to The Shore after Run, because it will a trouble to wait for the free bus to bring you back to Surfer.

Yup , the 21km for GC was the most expensive run ever. ( WORTH THE MONEY .but i highly believe YOU will hit your personal best, trust me !!! Of course , scencery helps along the way, people cheering !!!

Remember to get nice singlet at the EXPO which you cant buy from SG....

For Tokyo Marathon, I will just register , see whether I am chosen, hahaha. Never ending run around the world !

Breakfast place : Delikatessen at Surfer ( Very good, U MUST TRY !! ) I missed the breakfast. sitting under the sun, having coffee , reading their newspaper, people watching....

oK, This is like writing a travel blog , lol

i trained harder than normal this time round....so hopefully nothing goes wrong... *fingers and toes crossed* .....

after the race is no prob... jus worry prior to the race....

nice singlet at the expo.. meaning need to buy one huh... ok i keep a lookout....

tokyo just register ah.... i dunno if they will give us less chance the next time if we apply this yr then decided not to go...haha... i tihnk i will not try.... give my 1st time chance to 2016... hope it doesnt occur ard the CNY period....

Breakfast place.... ok i google later.. .see where it is.....

thanks Simon.... nice writeup..... now then i know that we have to declare our gels, and supplements.... i think that is provided we hand carry right???

nope. u need to declare it...

becos australia is very strict with diary foodstuff and plants entering the country... i saw them throwing away mooncakes at the airport the last time i went sydney... they will do a 100% search of ur check-in regardless if u declare or not... if never declare, u might be 'blacklisted'

In the Race Guide which has just been released, this is stated as part of Race Etiquette -

"The use of iPods and mp3 players is discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants."

It is nice to see this being enforced in Gold Coast Marathon. Another World Marathon Major event which states this guideline is New York City Marathon.

All the best to the people doing Gold Coast Marathon here!

i heard about the strict food when going in Aust.... so even if check-in they will also check?? so might as well hand-carry them??

i m not bringing any food totally, go to race expo n buy loh :)

i still have some gels... so i would bring them over... cause going expire soon too.... maybe need to declare... hope they are ok with it.... and not confiscate.....

In the Race Guide which has just been released, this is stated as part of Race Etiquette -

"The use of iPods and mp3 players is discouraged in all races for the safety of all participants."

yes... i saw this as well... i tihnk cause the runners wearing such earphones will not be aware of any other runners calling out to them or whatsoever.... and i read that they mention the race will be so interesting that you wun need music to keep one entertained...hahah...i shall see....

It is nice to see this being enforced in Gold Coast Marathon. Another World Marathon Major event which states this guideline is New York City Marathon.

All the best to the people doing Gold Coast Marathon here!

thanks..... will go there enjoy and rest........

niice..... how is weather there??? run in singlet ok right???

for gels... need check in and declare when reached Aust immigration also??

The weather at 0800h was about 15 degree celcius, about 25 degree celcius at noon...but i heard from my friend that the weather in the morning could go as low as 10 degree celcius, so you need to take a risk if u r wearing singlet for the run.

I didn't bring any gels over, so i can't comment on this. Can some experience people comment on this? Anyway, there is no need to declare as they do not belong to any of these classes (http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/border-security/travel/passenger-cards/_pdf/english-ipc-sample.pdf)

• Meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruit, vegetables?
  • Grains, seeds, bulbs, straw, nuts, plants, parts of plants, traditional medicines or herbs, wooden articles?
  • Animals, parts of animals, animal products including equipment, pet food, eggs, biologicals, specimens, birds, fish, insects, shells, bee products?

niice..... how is weather there??? run in singlet ok right???

for gels... need check in and declare when reached Aust immigration also??

The weather at 0800h was about 15 degree celcius, about 25 degree celcius at noon...but i heard from my friend that the weather in the morning could go as low as 10 degree celcius, so you need to take a risk if u r wearing singlet for the run.

I didn't bring any gels over, so i can't comment on this. Can some experience people comment on this? Anyway, there is no need to declare as they do not belong to any of these classes (http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/border-security/travel/passenger-cards/_pdf/english-ipc-sample.pdf)

• Meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, dairy, fruit, vegetables?
  • Grains, seeds, bulbs, straw, nuts, plants, parts of plants, traditional medicines or herbs, wooden articles?
  • Animals, parts of animals, animal products including equipment, pet food, eggs, biologicals, specimens, birds, fish, insects, shells, bee products?

Best to declare; my friend showed/declared them every time he goes for CGAM (this year will be his third)