Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swtmt

Gold Coast Marathon 2014

a quick update on the GCAM14 front
- we are expecting another good turnout from Team Singapore (easily > 300 marathoners), comprising national elites as well as many first-timers
- limited slots of the Scenic Travel Package (which include race fees & welcome dinner) are still available
- there will be a pre-departure briefing on Sat, 14 June (time to be confirmed) for all Singapore participants as well as those who are looking at GCAM 2015.

- more information at www.OpsKookaburra.com and https://www.facebook.com/TFB.Kookaburra

Does the local agent provide the itinerary for the 5D and 7D travel package?

http://www.queensland.com.sg/iss/singapore/hot-deals/offers-from-singapore/2014-gold-coast-airport-marathon.cfm

Doing research and planning for the possibility of joining in 2015.

Yes, itinery was out pretty long ago... i rem receiving the phamplet...

Package includes:

• Return airfare on Scoot (inclusive of taxes, 20kg checked baggage)
  • 3 / 5 Nights stay @ Grand Chancellor or similar
  • Daily Breakfast
  • Return airport transfers (with stop at ASICS Sport & Leisure Expo)
  • 2014 Gold Coast Airport Marathon registration
  • One-way transfer to race starting point on 6th July (both 21/42kn run)
  • Welcome seafood dinner
  • Optional post-race dinner @ Dracula’s Restaurant at only S$48 (retail value S$114)

Basically its just the above....

a quick update on the GCAM14 front

- we are expecting another good turnout from Team Singapore (easily > 300 marathoners), comprising national elites as well as many first-timers

- limited slots of the Scenic Travel Package (which include race fees & welcome dinner) are still available

- there will be a pre-departure briefing on Sat, 14 June (time to be confirmed) for all Singapore participants as well as those who are looking at GCAM 2015.

- more information at www.OpsKookaburra.com and https://www.facebook.com/TFB.Kookaburra

oh.... pre-departure briefing for all Sg participants?? even if i do not sign up from them??

Package includes:

• Daily Breakfast
  • Welcome seafood dinner
  • Optional post-race dinner @ Dracula’s Restaurant at only S$48 (retail value S$114)

I have the pamphlet too...was kinda wondering if there will be a more in-depth day by day itinerary, coz I understand there are optional tours in the package, so it would be easier to know on which days are those tours that I want to go...then the rest of the days I can plan where to go for free-and-easy...

Package includes:

• Daily Breakfast
  • Welcome seafood dinner

I have the pamphlet too...was kinda wondering if there will be a more in-depth day by day itinerary, coz I understand there are optional tours in the package, so it would be easier to know on which days are those tours that I want to go...then the rest of the days I can plan where to go for free-and-easy...

i didnt ask in-depth that time.... but i thought the optional tours are "free and easy" tours.......

yes, AutumnRunner, all GCAM14 bound participants are invited to attend (even if you did not take up the Scenic Travel Package) - Tourism Queensland will be there to share about Gold Coast race, transport, weather, places of interest, plus race and preparations advice that will benefit all, especially the first-timers.

but they say look out for more information in the mailbox leh.... they dun have my email mah....

I received this in my email. You might be interested in this. Cheers

-------------------

2014 Gold Coast Airport Marathon Pre-Departure Briefing

Dear Gold Coast Airport Marathon runner,

In less than 30 days' time you'll be hitting the flat, fast and picturesque course of the 'IAAF Road Race Gold Label' Gold Coast Airport Marathon! We are indeed excited to welcome you to Australia and the beautiful Gold Coast!

To help you get ready for your run, we are pleased to inform you that Tourism & Events Queensland (TEQ) has organised a pre-departure briefing especially for our Singapore runners.

Date Saturday 14 June 2014

Time 10:00am - 12:00noon (Registration starts 9:45am)

Venue Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (near Novena MRT)

Level 5, Auditorium (use lift 4 or 5)

55 Newton Road, Singapore 307987

Free Gold Coast Airport Marathon duffle bag

Registered Gold Coast Airport Marathon runners who attend the pre-departure briefing will each receive a free Gold Coast Airport Marathon duffle bag. This will be limited to the first 150 attendees on first-come-first-served basis.

Post-Race Dinner on Sunday 6 July

Let your hair down and celebrate with a post-race dinner at Dracula's Cabaret Restaurant at only S$48 per person. The retail value for this dinner is S$114. Book your seat at the pre-departure briefing to enjoy great savings!

Gold Coast Optional Tours

Enjoy these great attractions at discounted prices (2nd adult at 50% offer) when you pre-book the following optional tours with Scenic Travel. Offers available to all runners participating in the Gold Coast Airport Marathon.

• Whales in Paradise (0730/1100/1430hrs)
  • Paradise Jet Boating - Broadwater Adventure (Hourly/1100 – 1600hrs)
  • Nocturnal Rainforest & Glow Worm Tour (1900hrs)
  • ½ Day Outback Tracks – Mt Tamborine Tour (0800/1300hrs)
  • Hot Air Ballooning & Champagne Breakfast (0400hrs)
  • Tropical Fruit World (Buy 1-Get-1 Free)
  • Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (Buy 1-Get-1 Free)
Run Gold Coast Packages

Packages are still available if your friends are keen to sign up (subject to higher airfares). To book or enquire just contact Scenic Travel.

RSVP

Monday 9 June - TQ.Singapore@queensland.com

We look forward to seeing you there!

-------------------

yup.. i received it too..... but seems more like a promotion of the packages they have put in..... sooo.... thinking abt it... there's really nothing special abt this race that requires a pre-briefing.... what you guys think?

Could be right. There are also quite a number of Youtube videos on the Gold Coast Airport Marathon which are quite useful.

Can't go for the briefing - got to do my last long run on Sat morning! :) someone please let us know if it is useful.

Where is everyone staying? Am trying to sort out accomms with 3 girlfriends but all of us are arriving and leaving at different times. :P

yup... i will be doing my long run on sat too.... so wun be going....

all arrive and leave different times.... wah... why all no coordinate one...h.ahah..... the person earliest will check in for you all if you all are staying in apartments.... then the last person check out lo.... might be the most expensive.... if stay in hotels... then easier.... more flexible....

7 more weeks left...... how's prep for everyone so far taking part?? sounds quiet here.... but Sg has the 2nd largest contingent taking part last year in 2013...

did SDM with a timing of 5hr44min...... i hope i can complete GCAM below the cut-off sia :startle:

7 more weeks left...... how's prep for everyone so far taking part?? sounds quiet here.... but Sg has the 2nd largest contingent taking part last year in 2013...

did SDM with a timing of 5hr44min...... i hope i can complete GCAM below the cut-off sia :startle:

not a problem bro.... SDM is reallly tough i would say and we have to stop at 2 traffic light junctions..... soooo.... given GCAM reputation of the route.... i think not a prob.... jus go there with pen mind and relax......

all arrive and leave different times.... wah... why all no coordinate one...h.ahah..... the person earliest will check in for you all if you all are staying in apartments.... then the last person check out lo.... might be the most expensive.... if stay in hotels... then easier.... more flexible....

Haha, we all have slightly different work and family schedules but all wanna do FM/ HM... :P

Haha, we all have slightly different work and family schedules but all wanna do FM/ HM... :P

nice...actually quite true la... my frens and i also got slight diff in arrival and departure time.... but day for arrival is the same.....

not a problem bro.... SDM is reallly tough i would say and we have to stop at 2 traffic light junctions..... soooo.... given GCAM reputation of the route.... i think not a prob.... jus go there with pen mind and relax......

Roger. Will be so malu to DNF GCAM sia!

i read thru the race details.... and i realised that in 2013, the average timing (50th percentile) for the runners in GCAM was 4hr 30hmins....... wah... i cant believe it.... In Sg, definitely is much longer... so just go there with an open heart and try to view the nice sceneries different from Sg and enjoy the race bah....

yesh.... i had went thru them already.... cant wait to go over.... i wonder if the foc shuttle bus is dependable..... so many runners....

Last year, I got in the shuttle bus at Ocean Ave and scared that full house. ( like 90 - 120 mins before you flag off )

End up, shivering in the cold :coldb::coldb::coldb: ... I have to stand near their big generator to keep warm..

You 21 or 42 ?

yesh.... i had went thru them already.... cant wait to go over.... i wonder if the foc shuttle bus is dependable..... so many runners....

Last year, I got in the shuttle bus at Ocean Ave and scared that full house. ( like 90 - 120 mins before you flag off )

End up, shivering in the cold :coldb::coldb::coldb: ... I have to stand near their big generator to keep warm..

You 21 or 42 ?

oh my.... maybe u should do some warm up by running .... haha..... maybe i should bring a raincoat or something to wear before the race starts.... i running 42km....

You 21 or 42 ?

oh my.... maybe u should do some warm up by running .... haha..... maybe i should bring a raincoat or something to wear before the race starts.... i running 42km....

I wore a cardigan and still so cold.

3 mins before start, I took off and hung it over at the barrier. HAHAHA...

Ahhhhh, I still rememeber they provided fresh oranges ( cut nice nice for you already ) , families coming out to cheers for runners , never ending....the coffee aroma when you run past a cafe...

wah... sounds much much better than the experience here.... although sometimes i can smell the bbq smell in ECP.....hahaha

Worth the money lor, even though expensive.

I think when you come back from GC, you able to write an essay long experience in here. haha

Oh ya, if your hotel is facing the Pacific Ocean, REMEMBER TO WATCH THE SUNRISE !! Beautiful beyond words..... :good:

Lol , BBQ smell is smoky * cough !

essay long ah.... hmn... ok i better try to remember as much things as possible... hahah...... although i am not reli good with words... i tried to google for people who had blogged about this race for 2013 but not many...... most were short and briefed....

my apartment is facing the ocean but unsure if i would be facing that side..... ok i try to ask for....when i reached there...

essay long ah.... hmn... ok i better try to remember as much things as possible... hahah...... although i am not reli good with words... i tried to google for people who had blogged about this race for 2013 but not many...... most were short and briefed....

my apartment is facing the ocean but unsure if i would be facing that side..... ok i try to ask for....when i reached there...

Yup, check with the reception.

As long any of the windows facing ocean, then you can see sunrise like below everyday..... :)

This was taken from The Shore Apartment 2013

998350_10151744488588582_1868060643_n.jp