Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swtmt

Gold Coast Marathon 2014

I have registered a slot for 21k with Scenic Travel for 7D/5N. As I am going alone and requested for Twin Sharing, I have to pay for single room if they can't match me with another person.

So, if you are in a similar dilemma as mine, we can match and solve our problem.

I have registered a slot for 21k with Scenic Travel for 7D/5N. As I am going alone and requested for Twin Sharing, I have to pay for single room if they can't match me with another person.

So, if you are in a similar dilemma as mine, we can match and solve our problem.

Your package only have one way to start pt, Is the hotel far from finsh pt?

Consider you book everthing on your own, would it be cheaper?

Sceneic travel... is it the same with Queensland travel where there is a booth at the SCMS 2013 expo??

I presume Queensland travel is the agent for Scenic Travel in S'pore. Yes, it is definitely cheaper to arrange own travel. But I go for convenience in their package.

yea... i tihnk its the same... cause i jus wanna ensure that we are talking about the same agency as i had taken the brouchure during SCMS expo.... The pricing i would say isnt very cheap but the convenience is definitely a plus point cause do not need to care about registration, transport, pre race, accommodation, just to name a few... i am still trying to d oa bit of homework to see what other nearby hotels at the start/end point....

any one can share on the recommended hotels near start/end pt??

yea... i tihnk its the same... cause i jus wanna ensure that we are talking about the same agency as i had taken the brouchure during SCMS expo.... The pricing i would say isnt very cheap but the convenience is definitely a plus point cause do not need to care about registration, transport, pre race, accommodation, just to name a few... i am still trying to d oa bit of homework to see what other nearby hotels at the start/end point....

any one can share on the recommended hotels near start/end pt??

According to a website (http://www.adventure-marathon.com/Gold-Coast-Marathon.aspx), the Gold Coast Airport Marathon starts and finishes at Broadwater Events Parklands in Southport. If you go to the main hotel booking sites (e.g. booking.com) and type in the parameters, you can see a listing of hotels at or near the Southport area.

In any event, I understand that there's transport provided by the marathon organisers to bring participants from various places to the starting point.

yup... i also read it somewhere.... incredible running group from Sg.... local agent i think there is only one... hahah.... i didnt sign up with them cause they couldn't confirm the hotel that they are planning for us.... and they may not know it so soon so i decided to plan it on my own....

really no one running from for this yr's GCM?? saw from emails that this year is the fastest entries received within one week.... think cause they received IAAF Gold this year....

I understand that more than eighty runners from Sg have already signed up with the local agent. There should be many more who are not going through the agent.