Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

prisangel

BLIND Ultra Marathon Runner who TRAINS SOLO

I just though that I would share a very motivating and inspiriting interview with my fellow runners here.

If you are looking to some form of inspiration in your running career, look no further than this guy.

He is a BLIND ultra marathon runner from the UK, but he trains SOLO and does not have a guide. During races, he does run with a guide runner, but he's looking towards completing a 160 mile race ALONE and without any guides.

How does ultra marathoner Simon Wheatcroft do it? You can find out more about him in this inspiring interview below. :)

He's BLIND But He Runs SOLO | Prischew.com

Do take a read of his story... and I really hope that it will take you the next step further in your running goals!

wow !

i speed-read ...

so he ran the races with a (human) guild right ?

but still, it's amazing how he is able to run without slipping sliding and falling on those terrain !

nevermind if he had to rely on someone else ...

most of us able-bodied guys (and gals) sometimes can't even find our balance esp at MacRitchie !

RESPECT !

and next he wants to do a 160 ... MILES !!! not KM @@

wow ... *jaw-drop*

but i think he's right ...

why do a FM cos he knew he could handle the challenge ... so he skipped it and took up an Ultra :lol:

@ pris ... u did this interview in person, or via comms ? was he in town ?

wow !

i speed-read ...

but still, it's amazing how he is able to run without slipping sliding and falling on those terrain !

most of us able-bodied guys (and gals) sometimes can't even find our balance esp at MacRitchie !

RESPECT !

wow ... *jaw-drop*

why do a FM cos he knew he could handle the challenge ... so he skipped it and took up an Ultra :lol:

Yup he had a guide runner for his races.

Umm, maybe part of the reason is, if you can't see, your other senses get heightened and that's why his balance is a lot better than that of us sighted runners...?

Yeah I know right!!! I really respect him for his achievements too. He really doesn't let his lack of sight get him down. Instead, he rises to the challenge and really pushes his limits. We could all learn a lot from him... imagine, undertaking a 100 MILE race with FIVE MONTHS of training some more...

Nope, he wasn't in town. I spoke to him online. :)

wow !

i speed-read ...

RESPECT !

wow ... *jaw-drop*

Umm, maybe part of the reason is, if you can't see, your other senses get heightened and that's why his balance is a lot better than that of us sighted runners...?

Yeah I know right!!! I really respect him for his achievements too. He really doesn't let his lack of sight get him down. Instead, he rises to the challenge and really pushes his limits. We could all learn a lot from him... imagine, undertaking a 100 MILE race with FIVE MONTHS of training some more...

great job ... great article

Thanks for the support!

wow !

i speed-read ...

RESPECT !

wow ... *jaw-drop*

great job ... great article

Great article, to know that there are just motivating people around us in this world... its really not easy to run on trails, needless to say without sight.... i really felt guilty when i read this article as sometimes i will shun away from trail knowing that it is more injury prone..... well, motivating people are needed around us to motivate others....

nice article...

To say its very motivating and encouraging to others will be a huge understatement !

Got to read it to find out on your on