Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Run4yourlife

Xiamen International Marathon 2 Jan 2014

Great to hear your race review for Xiamen Marathon 2014 and congrats to your huge improved timing! :D

I am glad that you enjoyed your race and will you be back for 2015 edition? :P

It is a huge pity I wasn't able to make it this year due to work commitment and lack of training time.

16 degrees is a nice temperature to run in and your must have enjoyed the flat,scenic race route in Xiamen! :D

Next time you can tell them that we love to "骑马 but cannot do too often (for the non chinese,this is a word pun on riding a horse aka marathon race).

If it is IAAF gold label,you can use this marathon to qualify for Boston marathon. Our Singapore marathon is also IAAF gold label if i didn't remember wrongly.

When I studied the race course and saw that drink points are plenty, I took a risk by leaving my fuel belt in the hotel. I think as XMIM is government organised, so all resources were pumped in to make it a success. You can even ask for a full bottle of water at the water points ;)

XMIM truly deserves its IAAF gold label!

If it is IAAF gold label,you can use this marathon to qualify for Boston marathon. Our Singapore marathon is also IAAF gold label if i didn't remember wrongly.

Yes I think XMIM has this option

When I studied the race course and saw that drink points are plenty, I took a risk by leaving my fuel belt in the hotel. I think as XMIM is government organised, so all resources were pumped in to make it a success. You can even ask for a full bottle of water at the water points ;)

Great to hear your race review for Xiamen Marathon 2014 and congrats to your huge improved timing! :D

It is a huge pity I wasn't able to make it this year due to work commitment and lack of training time.

16 degrees is a nice temperature to run in and your must have enjoyed the flat,scenic race route in Xiamen! :D

Next time you can tell them that we love to "骑马 but cannot do too often (for the non chinese,this is a word pun on riding a horse aka marathon race).

Definitely on my radar in 2015

Definitely on my radar in 2015

That is awesome to hear that and guess it is time to save up and plan leave for Jan 2015 =)

Yes, our SCMS is also gold label... =)....

This race has less publicity... need to research more into it... but i dun mind going to Xiamen since i have never been there too...