Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdiZero

Mok Ying Ren's journey to 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.

Really puzzled why Nike jump away and is not sponsoring our local hero, Mok ying Ren, as he embarks on his journey to quality for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, but instead Brooks...Haiz, to me he is truly deserving to be sponsored all the way to Olympic...Anyone knows what happened ?

Yeah... I wonder what happened about Nike. But whether or not Mok succeeds in realising his Olympic dream, he is still a local running hero in all our eyes. At least he is getting sponsors and support for his goal though.

Anyway, about Mok, I shared an article about him and his Olympic aspirations in this thread on the forum. It's the "Mok Ying Ren 2" link. There's also some tips from other runners there. Happy reading! :)

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19368

Maybe good for Dr Mok to choose other sponsor too.

Looks like will see Dr Mok competing fiercely for SCMS in Dec since Brooks is the sponsor.

Edited :

I meant good for him to choose other sponsors other than Nike.

Reason may also due to SAA getting sponsorship from Brooks.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/sports/story/singapore-athletic-association-seals-3-year-apparel-sponsorship-deal-broo

Sponsoring is, in my opinion, a two-way traffic.

The sponsor will definitely choose the athletes that they feel deserving and are able to market their products.

At the other spectrum, the athlete might also have his/her own preference over brands and/or products.

Only when there is a common objectives, will there be a good marriage to the sponsorship.

I do not see any problem on the reason Ying Ren should not use Brooks when he is comfortable with it.