Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tick

Cebu city marathon

I highly recommend Tune Hotel, Cebu. It's within walking distance to Ayala Mall, where u can possibly spend 2 full days shopping. Cab fare to the start point is probably less than SGD$3. There's a 24-hrs 7-11 downstairs where u can grab supper nightly (yes, u can actually sit inside the 7-11 and makan!) Think I booked it for under $40/night last time, have absolutely no complaints!

I was there earlier this Dec on vacation

the weather specifically the sun in Cebu is super duper HOT! scorching hot !

how hot is it ?

takes u not very long to dry out your wet clothes when u put them in the sun !

be sure to hydrate yourself days before the race

n if u know u might be running in the hot sun ie slow ... be sure to have sunscreen or protection of some sort ... shades cap etc

all the best !

I registered for this too, my first full marathon

First marathon and its overseas?? :thumbsu:

haha I just realized after your post

all the best Max!

another pointer, Cebu sunrise is about 1.5 hours or so of SG's ...

I think the FM flag off is pretty early right, but bcos of the sun ... pretty much evens out but still a pretty daunting task as compared to SCSM ... a mix btwn SD n SCSM ...

thk if 4.5 hours n beyond timings should be Nerf Vortex Pyragon Blastersubjected at the mercy of mother sun, barring of cos a rainy or cloudy day :)

not trying to make it tough, just to highlight n prep you based on what I learned while I was there

hey, who knows, maybe Jan might not be so hot ... best research n seek advice of people who have had participated in previous Cebu FM

all the best again :)

Good pointers on the hot weather, just back from Taipei 17.5km mountain run at a temperature of 8 degrees or lower.

These 2 runs weather sure are at extreme end of each other ! :startle: