Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

The standalone Garmin express - anybody faced the problem of login screen not appeared? Using fr220...

The standalone Garmin express - anybody faced the problem of login screen not appeared? Using fr220...

When you say log in screen, are you talking about the Garmin Express software or the log in of the Garmin Connect website?

If it is the Garmin Express, it is only a one time set up when you first create your user name and the devices you wish to sync to Garmin Connect.

For me,I don't have a log in screen issue.

ok.... done... bought 220..... from the sundown expo.....

tried on sunday during my Real Run race.... quite easy to navigate around and easy to upload the chart in my computer too... and pairing with my mobile phone is a breeze too.... overall quite satisfied with the purchase...

That is good to hear that and congrats to your purchase of 220.

For those who use a forerunner 220, be sure to update your GPS watch as the latest software version 2.7 update is available through Garmin Express software.

What I like about the FR220 is the ability to change the straps. I own a FR210 and the strap broke after less than 2 years. Because the strap is moulded to the watch casing, changing the strap could cost me about $150 and requires sending it overseas (think was Taiwan). Tried to glue it back without any success. In the end had to cut off the other end of the strap and just carry the watch body in my shorts during my runs.

I faced the same predicament as you coffeeking.but if

Bought the 210 local and still retain the receipt,you can get the strap / casing replaced for between $40-$60.

tried on sunday during my Real Run race.... quite easy to navigate around and easy to upload the chart in my computer too... and pairing with my mobile phone is a breeze too.... overall quite satisfied with the purchase...

For those who use a forerunner 220, be sure to update your GPS watch as the latest software version 2.7 update is available through Garmin Express software.

What I like about the FR220 is the ability to change the straps. I own a FR210 and the strap broke after less than 2 years. Because the strap is moulded to the watch casing, changing the strap could cost me about $150 and requires sending it overseas (think was Taiwan). Tried to glue it back without any success. In the end had to cut off the other end of the strap and just carry the watch body in my shorts during my runs.

Bought the 210 local and still retain the receipt,you can get the strap / casing replaced for between $40-$60.

Yes I bought mine local at Parisilk. That's the price I was quoted when I called up Navicom.

When you say log in screen, are you talking about the Garmin Express software or the log in of the Garmin Connect website?

If it is the Garmin Express, it is only a one time set up when you first create your user name and the devices you wish to sync to Garmin Connect.

For me,I don't have a log in screen issue.

The software...guess need to config my antivirus software to give pass to garmim expresss....zooommmmmmmm...hahahaaaaaa

Yes I bought mine local at Parisilk. That's the price I was quoted when I called up Navicom.

Well, i got mine replaced at Advance Lap Pte Ltd, 1 Queensway #01-43 Tel:64794381

i have some problems reading the charts after i bluetoothed the run details to my Android phone... the other details can all be read with no issue except the charts.... it always mentioned "IO Exceptions" below when i turned to this page... anyone has the same issue?

i have some problems reading the charts after i bluetoothed the run details to my Android phone... the other details can all be read with no issue except the charts.... it always mentioned "IO Exceptions" below when i turned to this page... anyone has the same issue?

No issue about "IO exceptions" when I bluetoothed my run details to my Android phone.

When I sync my run records, it will appear the same in my Garmin Connect website and also third party websites like mapmyrun, runkeeper, mapometer.

Well, i got mine replaced at Advance Lap Pte Ltd, 1 Queensway #01-43 Tel:64794381

I will check them out. Did u purchase from them ?

Nope.from IT show.how chui is ur 210?

Mine left the watch face only,so I was thrilled when

They fixed it:-)

Nope.from IT show.how chui is ur 210?

Mine left the watch face only,so I was thrilled when

They fixed it:-)

Same too. Only the watchface.I just keep it in my shorts pocket for my runs.

No issue about "IO exceptions" when I bluetoothed my run details to my Android phone.

When I sync my run records, it will appear the same in my Garmin Connect website and also third party websites like mapmyrun, runkeeper, mapometer.

So it could be my phone issue...... :startle:

Got spreadsheet on running shoe mileage...all 4 shoes currently above 350km, one might change soon as sole got some spoilt

Those using Garmin, how do you track the mileage for your running shoes?

When I upload to Mapmyrun, I indicate my shoe name into the workout name. E.g. "27 May run (lg5)", for my Lunarglide5. Then add them up for the mileage.

There are running logs that allow you to register the shoes you ran with. It'll automatically tally the mileage and some even tabulate the cost/km if you provide the price of the shoe. The following are running weblogs that can track shoe mileage that I know of.

Running Ahead (https://www.runningahead.com)

Strava (http://www.strava.com)

RunKeeper (http://runkeeper.com/home) -- you need to install the Shoe Tracker web app (http://fitness.queso.com/shoetracker/)

There are running logs that allow you to register the shoes you ran with. It'll automatically tally the mileage and some even tabulate the cost/km if you provide the price of the shoe. The following are running weblogs that can track shoe mileage that I know of.

Running Ahead (https://www.runningahead.com)

Strava (http://www.strava.com)

RunKeeper (http://runkeeper.com/home) -- you need to install the Shoe Tracker web app (http://fitness.queso.com/shoetracker/)

That reminds me of another website which i previously used. Logyourrun at http://www.logyourrun.com/ (if you have garmin connect,you can sync the workouts to logyourrun account).

Was at the Garmin Servicing Centre and saw the poster on this promotion. Just wanna share with interested parties :)

Latest Price for PC SHOW 2014 - 05-08 June 2014 @ Expo Hall 5 Booth 5036

Forerunner 620 - $489 instead of $569

Forerunner 220 - $359 instead of $399

Comes with free gift but not sure of the item.

I have got a Garmin Forerunner 620 new. letting it go at $510.

Still have warranty and nego:)

I have just invested in a polar one.

interested parties please sms me at 97998519

will send you real pics.

post-43957-0-58748400-1402034947_thumb.j

The screw supporting the band for my Fr220 just came off, so the watch is now without one strap. Got this just in Jan and lasted about 6 months. I got it online from the USA.

1.)Anybody knows if the warranty is international?

2.) Where can I locally get a strap replacement and how much does it costs?

3.) Is it possible to get a compatible strap replacement from a neighbourhood watch shop?

Hello Socrates, please see my replies in blue as I do my best to answer you since I am also using a FR220 but I bought it in Singapore instead.

The screw supporting the band for my Fr220 just came off, so the watch is now without one strap. Got this just in Jan and lasted about 6 months. I got it online from the USA.

1.)Anybody knows if the warranty is international?

If you get your watch in USA, you have to check your watch's warranty if is international.

2.) Where can I locally get a strap replacement and how much does it costs?

Have a look at the official Garmin weblink to see how your strap replacement is like: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/lanyards-straps-holsters-and-clips/watch-bands/prod144919_010-11251-30.html Best for you to check with the Singapore Garmin distributor (navicom technology): the retail branch is at Orchard Central building, 5th floor. The contact details can be found at its website at http://www.navicomtechnology.com/contact-us/

3.) Is it possible to get a compatible strap replacement from a neighbourhood watch shop?

Quite highly unlikely as the strap used for our FR220 is different from our usual lower cost Casio watches and the FR220's strap seems wider.

For those using FR220 and 620, there are two updates for firmware and display when i loaded my Garmin Express software.

Be sure to do the updates to keep your forerunners functional! :)

14nlox2.jpg