Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

Available for Garmin forerunner 620 too!

From version 2.30 to latest 2.50

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6589

Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:

• Added feature to allow the CONNECT key to wake the device and start a Wi-Fi transfer.
  • Fixed issue where running dynamics data could drop out during an activity.
  • Fixed issue where the reported battery capacity could be inaccurate.
  • Improvements to indoor distance and pace calculations.
  • Fixed issue related to the recovery adviser feature not displaying properly.
  • Improvements to the interaction between foot pod and GPS.
  • Fixed issue with resetting totals not working correctly.
  • Added feature to inform the user when returning to the target range of a workout step.
  • Fixed various issues with smartphone connectivity and the LiveTrack feature.
  • Fixed issue with running workouts contained in triathlon/mixed sport schedules not being retained on the device.
  • Fixed several other minor issues.
  • Updated translations.

Was surprised to find my watch prompting me for a wireless update.

No more being tethered by USB for both uploading and downloading! Woo hoo!

i given up on my wifi function lol. simply not working on my mac.

doesn't even detect my router. and when i did it manually, it doesn't sync. need the cable. oh well.

Mine works well, maybe try resetting the watch or router?

did it many times liao. restart also e same. the new version of garmin fit cannot detect the router... the previous version can detect but cannot auto connect

Hi guys, I've purchased a number of screen protectors that fits both the FR620 and FR220. It's a German made brand called savvies. Willing to sell the extras off at $4 per piece. Clear type only. Let me know if you are interested, thanks!

One more reason to Get the new models - it worked for all the 3 hk tunnels!

Not sure how it do, perhaps it relied on the mobile network? My old fr210 didn't work even during the short tunnel stretch at last year scms

Not sure how it do, perhaps it relied on the mobile network? My old fr210 didn't work even during the short tunnel stretch at last year scms

Good to hear that :)

It is the in-built accelerometer that helps to calculate foot cadence/steps based on our foot stride, in turn calculating distance. Unless you use a foot pod together with the GPS watch which is usually the most accurate if calibrated properly.

So even if we lose signal strength being underground or weak reception, the distance recording will still continue :)

I have tested and confirmed the pairing of 220 and 620 works for iPhone 4S but not on a Samsung Note 3.

I am also using an android phone but this pairing aspect is seriously lacking!

For me,i just use the USB cable to upload the Garmin FIT files to both Garmin Connect and Mapmyrun.

How did you manage to upload ur Garmin runs to MapMyRun? Can it be uploaded to Nike+ as well?

Here is a screenshot of Mapmyrun website when one logs into it through its website (image not embeded in post to prevent image cluttering.Weblink found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qemlnq3jzky3c3y/Mapmyrun%20Import%20Workout%20Screenshot.jpg

From there,you just select the records you want to upload based on dates done. Once done, the run activity will be in Mapmyrun and the source will state it is Garmin :)

For uploading to Nike+,I am not sure but you can give this a try at http://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/

How did you manage to upload ur Garmin runs to MapMyRun? Can it be uploaded to Nike+ as well?

Here is a screenshot of Mapmyrun website when one logs into it through its website (image not embeded in post to prevent image cluttering.Weblink found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qemlnq3jzky3c3y/Mapmyrun%20Import%20Workout%20Screenshot.jpg

From there,you just select the records you want to upload based on dates done. Once done, the run activity will be in Mapmyrun and the source will state it is Garmin :)

For uploading to Nike+,I am not sure but you can give this a try at http://www.awsmithson.com/tcx2nikeplus/

This is excellent information! I have just tried it and it works by syncing Garmin data to Nike+! Thanks for sharing :)

Good to hear that :)

It is the in-built accelerometer that helps to calculate foot cadence/steps based on our foot stride, in turn calculating distance. Unless you use a foot pod together with the GPS watch which is usually the most accurate if calibrated properly.

So even if we lose signal strength being underground or weak )reception, the distance recording will still continue :)

Grew agree with trail,no need to press any button on e 210

I tried it at SCMS 13HM

I see that Garmin Connect Mobile has released a new update which support 220 and 620 with selected Android devices now! Please go try it out :)

oh my.... Android devices can use the live tracking fucntion now?? that's something that many are waiting for....

I tested my Android phone and the live tracking function works!

It seems that they are trying to promote 620 by giving it a steeper discount and selling the budget GPS Garmin Forerunner 10 watch too.

For the live tracking to take place.. we have to run with the phone as well? I am carrying a Samsung note so maybe I have to find a smaller phone....

oh my.... Android devices can use the live tracking fucntion now?? that's something that many are waiting for....

I tested my Android phone and the live tracking function works!

It seems that they are trying to promote 620 by giving it a steeper discount and selling the budget GPS Garmin Forerunner 10 watch too.

About same price as what you would've got at goobucket. Of course, there's a free gift at IT Show, but you've got to brave the crowds (and pay for MBS parking). I went for more comfy option.

Tested working on a iPhone 4S and Note 3. It does not work for my S2 which is an old phone model.

Bought Forerunner 220 ytd in it show..

the free gift is a towel and a wrist band..

Mind sharing u paid for it?with or without HRM?

Bought Forerunner 220 ytd in it show..

the free gift is a towel and a wrist band..

Mind sharing u paid for it?with or without HRM?

$359, with HRM.. :)

1798123_10152307572138561_250882906_n.jp

Tested working on a iPhone 4S and Note 3. It does not work for my S2 which is an old phone model.

its working on Note 3, means that i might need to run with a Note 3.... :gym: