Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

Hi guys, i'm considering to buy the 620 with HRM but was unable to find Garmin watches in Novena and normal shops selling watches. Could you share with me where to buy at a good price with warranty coverage in SG? Thanks in advance!

Have you try Queensway shopping Centre?

I have not tried Queensway. Will the price be attractive as goobucket since they're offering 15% discount now?

Hi guys, i'm considering to buy the 620 with HRM but was unable to find Garmin watches in Novena and normal shops selling watches. Could you share with me where to buy at a good price with warranty coverage in SG? Thanks in advance!

I have not tried Queensway. Will the price be attractive as goobucket since they're offering 15% discount now?

One or two authorised agents there, let me see if I can retrieve the name card. You have to call or make a trip down

You can take a look at the weblink of official Garmin Singapore distributors here --> http://www.garmin.com.sg/distributor/singapore/

Look for Navicom and reputable retail distributors if you want warranty coverage in SG. Some shops in Sim Lim Square have been mentioned in the previous posts and you can look for their names).

Does goobucket offer warranty?

I went to Garmin distributor in Orchard Central. Staff told me if we ordered from overseas, battery will not be included cos of regulation, warranty won't be covered.

Sounds as if we add in the battery cost it will pretty much be the same price as they sell at store, anyone able to verify this ?

I ordered FR10 from chainreactioncycles.com and they came with batteries. The only advantage local dealers have is warranty coverage. Online retailers can't offer that.

Go Parisik at Holland V. 620 is selling at $488.00 and 220 at $379.00. Limited stock left

My watch came yesterday, package include watch, USB cable, HRM and warranty card stamped.

My watch came yesterday, package include watch, USB cable, HRM and warranty card stamped.
Hi Bomia, did you purchase the watch from Goobucket? The stamp on the warranty card is by Goobucket?

Wat's the battery that is included if we were to purchase in local retail shops?

I ordered FR10 from chainreactioncycles.com and they came with batteries. The only advantage local dealers have is warranty coverage. Online retailers can't offer that.

ah...so the fellow at Orchard Central trying to smoke me saying if buy from overseas won't have batteries due to regulations, batteries not allowed to go through custom.

Hi Bomia, did you purchase the watch from Goobucket? The stamp on the warranty card is by Goobucket?

Wat's the battery that is included if we were to purchase in local retail shops?

Warranty stamped by Goobucket n Navicom, services center at ubi area.

Battery?what battery?

I'm not sure what battery were the earlier posts referring to. It might be referring to the battery in the watch itself is not included if we were to order online, but guess this is not an issue as it should come with it. Time to place order! Thanks guys for the advice and happy running :)

I'm not sure what battery were the earlier posts referring to. It might be referring to the battery in the watch itself is not included if we were to order online, but guess this is not an issue as it should come with it. Time to place order! Thanks guys for the advice and happy running :)

Battery is in the watch n HRM.

Any thoughts on the 620? Worth buying?

With the new Polar V800 coming out soon, do you guys choose to wait for this watch or FR620?

Polar V800 is estimated to be available in April 2014 while FR620 is already available for sale.

V800 is a multi sports watch, which cannot becompared to FR620, a running centric watch.

I had the FR 210, feels quite a upgrade for me, moreover with the discount, worth IMO. You should read DC Rainmaker's review before deciding if you wants the features.

I had the FR 210, feels quite a upgrade for me, moreover with the discount, worth IMO. You should read DC Rainmaker's review before deciding if you wants the features.

Cool! Thanks for sharing Bomia :)

Go Parisik at Holland V. 620 is selling at $488.00 and 220 at $379.00. Limited stock left

Thanks for the info. Bought my last Garmin from them.

Do they accept payment with credit card w/o additional charge?

Yes they do. I just bought mine from them with credit card.

Yes they do. I just bought mine from them with credit card.

Thanks for the info Kia Ming!

Parisilk so far after comparison, even with online overseas retailers, seems to have the best and reasonable price.

I just got the 220 from Parisilk. Very competitive price I'd say.

Would like to confirm with people who owns either watch if the time is automatically set after initial set up right out of box? (Even before GPS acquisition) Also, is there a significant backlight bleed from the bottom right of your watch?

My watch froze on me twice after my first run, once showing a screen of "90:00:00" with distorted particles above and below, and the second time was when it was sending the run data to my iPad via the app. Pondering if I should go back to Parisilk for an exchange or are those issues acceptable.

Thanks in advance!