Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

Ok, confirmed SITEX prices at orchard central!

Got FR 220 at $339 plus free towel n wrist band :)

Looks like the free gifts are still the towel and wrist band even after the previous IT Fair! :D

Thanks trailblazer and Lexham! I'm on my way to Orchard :D

You are welcomed, Akane81. You should thank Lexham for confirming the Garmin Forerunner 220 prices at Orchard Central :)

Welcoming both of you to getting the Garmin FR220 and feel free to ask in this forum thread if you have questions using it.

Good to hear that you got your Garmin FR220 and do set up your Garmin FR220 properly.

You can use DC rainmaker's in-depth review to learn how to use this GPS watch effectively :)

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-depth-review.html

Thanks trailblazer!!! Set up my garmin connect acct and FR220 settings.. Ready to go!!!

But I can't seem to pair up the watch with my iPhone 4s.... My phone can't seem to detect the watch... Did you guys have the same issue initially?

Good to hear that you got your Garmin FR220 and do set up your Garmin FR220 properly.

You can use DC rainmaker's in-depth review to learn how to use this GPS watch effectively :)

Thanks trailblazer!!! Set up my garmin connect acct and FR220 settings.. Ready to go!!!

But I can't seem to pair up the watch with my iPhone 4s.... My phone can't seem to detect the watch... Did you guys have the same issue initially?

That is strange. iPhone 4s should work well with Garmin FR220 by bluetooth.

I am using an Android phone and the bluetooth pairing works well.

For your iphone 4s pairing with FR220, have a look at this Garmin Faq: https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={b62e0460-4d48-11e3-f27b-000000000000}

Thanks trailblazae!

Hmm.. Seems like I have already done all the steps in the FAQ...

Will keep trying and see how

Thanks trailblazae!

Hmm.. Seems like I have already done all the steps in the FAQ...

Will keep trying and see how

Found the root of the problem... My iPhone Bluetooth is not functional! Managed to pair up using my friend's iPhone!

Went for 1st run with fr220 along my usual route this morning. Happy with the accuracy of distance n route traced. Loved the feeling of running without phone strapped to arm!

Uploading via USB to garmin connect is smooth. Also managed to upload to RUNKEEPER after some fiddling, thanks to lazyitachi n trailblazer for their advice earlier.

Just have to settle the Bluetooth issue... Perfect excuse to upgrade my ageing iPhone 4s, hehe!

Took mine for a run on sat as well, detection of GPS is fast once i'm outdoors. I'm happy with my FR220 too! My bluetooth is working well as I'm using iPhone 6+, when I was on my way home I can already upload the run details to Garmin Connect via bluetooth, there were a lot of statistics there although I dont know how to interpret most of the info yet. Its really a great help and hassle free as I used to painstakingly note down details of each of my run.

Great to hear that both of you can get your Garmin FR 220 functioning and activity recording/uploading is working properly :)

If you log into the Garmin Connect website at http://connect.garmin.com , you can view more information and even watch a replay of your running activity, making it good for a post workout review/analysis for the performance driven runners.

Here is short running guide by Garmin on how to interpret the running dynamics data for providing feedback on running form.

For Garmin FR220, we have cadence (steps per minute) details while for Garmin FR620, it has two more metrics (ground contact time & vertical oscillation).

rt3kg4.jpg

Source: Garmin Connect website & Garmin Support FAQs for how the colour gauges are developed (click link here)

Happy New Year to all!!!

Been using my FR 220 more than a month with no major complaints. Managed to solve the problem with wireless upload by changing my phone ??

Just 2 small issues which I wonder if you guys have encountered too..

Firstly, even tho I have installed the RUNKEEPER plugin, Still cannot use bulk uploader to transfer from watch to RUNKEEPER ... I will need choose n upload one run at a time using the old uploader

Second, I noticed that the start time for runs cannot be found on Garmin Connect mobile (am I missing something?? ).. Can only be found on Garmin Connect website.. And somehow, the start times shown are wrong... My morning runs are shown as afternoon runs...even tho settings for uploading time zone is correctly set as GMT+8hrs China standard time?

Happy New Year to all!!!

Been using my FR 220 more than a month with no major complaints. Managed to solve the problem with wireless upload by changing my phone

Just 2 small issues which I wonder if you guys have encountered too..

Firstly, even tho I have installed the RUNKEEPER plugin, Still cannot use bulk uploader to transfer from watch to RUNKEEPER ... I will need choose n upload one run at a time using the old uploader

Second, I noticed that the start time for runs cannot be found on Garmin Connect mobile (am I missing something?? ).. Can only be found on Garmin Connect website.. And somehow, the start times shown are wrong... My morning runs are shown as afternoon runs...even tho settings for uploading time zone is correctly set as GMT+8hrs China standard time?

Thank you for the happy new year greeting, Lexham. :)

I am glad you fixed your wireless/bluetooth uploading by changing your phone.

Let me try my best to answer your 2 issues you have:

1) I experienced this runkeeper issue before too. What I did was to connect my watch with my USB data charging cable to the computer and use Fit2app to single/bulk upload records from Garmin FR220 to uploading runkeeper straight. Here is the link for you to use to sync it to your runkeeper: http://exnihili.com/fit2app

2) Your start times can be found on each of your detailed workout record, be it on website or mobile app. If there is a need,maybe someone can upload a sample workout screenshot to show you here. For your uploading times to be accurate, your GPS watch should get the reception in the country.

For example, recording your workout in Singapore vs Japan have different timings, so when you use your watch in overseas, be sure to sync back your watch timing back home by letting the watch catch the GPS transmission (unless they share the same time zone).

Let me know if you have questions again :)

Thanks trailblazer

I'll try Fit2app and see if it works!

The wrong start time is apparently due to bugs in Garmin Connect IOS app... Especially if u upload wirelessly and edit using the app. Many users are affected too based on what I gathered on Garmin forum. Another irritating is that when I upload runs in MANDAI or woodlands thru Garmin Connect IOS .. They are labelled as Johor Bahru Runs de fault.

Hi guys!

Recently got a new FR220. Working fine so far but has anyone encountered the following 2 problems?

1. GPS distance slightly off - 380~390m around running track compared to previous FR210's 400~405

2. Runs are no longer Untitled but labelled as "Johor Bahru Run" whenever it's uploaded onto Garmin Connect.

Hi guys!

Recently got a new FR220. Working fine so far but has anyone encountered the following 2 problems?

1. GPS distance slightly off - 380~390m around running track compared to previous FR210's 400~405

2. Runs are no longer Untitled but labelled as "Johor Bahru Run" whenever it's uploaded onto Garmin Connect.

I'm having the same problem for naming as Johor bahru run by default. Btw, are your runs in northern part of singapore? You might want to check the start times in garmin connect .., could be off too

Hi guys!

I'm having the same problem for naming as Johor bahru run by default. Btw, are your runs in northern part of singapore? You might want to check the start times in garmin connect .., could be off too

The "Johor Bahru run" problem only started in Dec I think. My runs are either in Toa Payoh/NTU/MR or treadmill. All showed up as "JB run" by default. :\

YES JOHOR BAHRU RUN... LOlOllolol..

Dandiest bug ever....

I thought it bugged over from another run I did..

I just reset my Fenix 2... have not tried a run since...

maybe will do one run tomorrow and see if this is fixed after a reset.

Wonder if this is a Garmin Connect issue?

:S

I took a look at my garmin records and also have this "Johor Bahru" run. "Pengerang Running" to be exact :startle:

Looks like all of our runs are in JB now :lolu:

Has it got to do with the proximity to where you live/do your uploads to Garmin Connect? I did runs in ECP, Bedok and Pasir Ris/Changi and every upload since Dec has been "Pengerang Running" :startle: .