Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

Info on live track: http://www8.garmin.com/livetrack/

Once a LiveTrack session has started, you’ll be asked to give permission to track your mobile device for each workout. Those you invite via email, Facebook or Twitter will receive a link to a webpage that includes the position of your phone or connected Edge. They’ll also be able to track your time elapsed, distance, speed and elevation in real time. And if you have any ANT+ sensors, they also can see that data, such as heart rate or cadence.

Instructions on uploading to RK with Garmin Communicator:

https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-us/articles/201110476-How-to-import-GPS-data-to-RunKeeper-using-Garmin-Communicator-Plugin

Otherwise you can dl the GPX/ TCX file off Garmin Connect and then upload to RK:

https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-us/articles/201109816-How-to-import-GPX-TCX-files-to-RunKeeper-website

Info on live track: http://www8.garmin.com/livetrack/

Once a LiveTrack session has started, youll be asked to give permission to track your mobile device for each workout. Those you invite via email, Facebook or Twitter will receive a link to a webpage that includes the position of your phone or connected Edge. Theyll also be able to track your time elapsed, distance, speed and elevation in real time. And if you have any ANT+ sensors, they also can see that data, such as heart rate or cadence.

Instructions on uploading to RK with Garmin Communicator:

https://support.runkeeper.com/hc/en-us/articles/201110476-How-to-import-GPS-data-to-RunKeeper-using-Garmin-Communicator-Plugin

Thanks for the very prompt advice :)

Hmm.. If I'm reading correctly, friends will have to subscribe to paid app to use live tracking.

I'm using free app glympse for tracking now.

Thanks!!!

Hi all.. I've been running with RUNKEEPER on iPhone for past 3 years... Perfectly happy with what I have so far

Recently, my runs have been longer than phone batt life... I think no choice but to upgrade to GPS watch liao.. I'm not going to run with an upsized iPhone.

Really tempted to get FR220.. Couple of questions which I hope the experienced users here can help;

1) Is it easy for me to upload my runs to RUNKEEPER ? Cos many running kakis still on RUNKEEPER and I still hope to share my runs there

Btw, just checked at garmin showroom.. It's 399 for FR220

Let me do my best to help you out since i am using a FR220 and export the workouts to Runkeeper, Mapmyrun and of course Garmin Connect app/website.

Lazyitachi gave you some links which are the files you need to install on your computer before you upload your workouts to Runkeeper website (not by the phone application). There are 2 ways to upload your run records to Runkeeper:

i) Export your garmin file to GPX file like what lazyitachi said and upload to Runkeeper (single record)

ii) If you connect the FR220 with the charging/data cable to a computer/laptop, you can do a batch upload (in RunKeeper, ihere is an option for "Garmin Bulk Import"). If you still face workout uploading issues, send me a private message and I see how much I can help.

When i first got my FR220 this year January, it was SGD379. So I am surprised at the retail price at $399.

Think 399 quoted included HRM but the uncle attending to me also blur blur.. So not very sure on that. Will have to go back and double check once I've firmed up my decision.

Think 399 quoted included HRM but the uncle attending to me also blur blur.. So not very sure on that. Will have to go back and double check once I've firmed up my decision.

I got mine at Sim Lim Square for $379 (HR strap included also).

So it is best for you to check again with a few shops before buying.

If can wait, wait till the next it fair in Nov? Hahahhahah

Haha!!! Noted!! At most I run with my charger pack till then

I'm trying to look for a mid range GPS watch to replace my ipod nano that works on pedometer, but i'm used to listening to music while on the run. Anyway of these watches have music playing function?

I got FR220 with HRM strap/sensor $335 4 months back. If u interested, World Coordin...look for the only sale lady.

I got FR220 with HRM strap/sensor $335 4 months back. If u interested, World Coordin...look for the only sale lady.

Thanks for the heads up !!! Can trouble you to PM me the details of World Coordin? Thanks in advance!! ?

Sorry for late reply...PM sent as requested.

Thanks for the heads up !!! Can trouble you to PM me the details of World Coordin? Thanks in advance!! ?

Just an update.

Parisilk quoted s$ 339 recently for fr220.

Waiting for SITEX to see if there better deals, otherwise, will probably get from parisilk

There's an GPS chipset update for the 620.

There is also another update for the ANT+ for both 220 and 620.

Here is the screenshot for those updating it from Garmin Express software.

25gwe0z.jpg

Just an update.

Waiting for SITEX to see if there better deals, otherwise, will probably get from parisilk

Parisilk is? I'm also looking for a fr220..

Just an update.

Parisilk is? I'm also looking for a fr220..

Parisilk is a family-run chain of electronics shops with shops at bedok and sembawang among others. http://parisilk.com

They have limited showcase space so customers are encouraged to ask them for quotation for specific models which customers have in mind.

Let me know if you managed to find better deals :)

Just got the fr220 today from parisilk.. $339 with hrm inclusive.. the ah neh warned against going to sls to get.. coz they will remove hrm and strap then sell to u

Here is a photo shot of the SItex November 2014's Garmin products from today Straits Times newspaper.

A free gift is given for purchase for the Garmin GPS running watch :)

16m3qe9.jpg

Wow.. price for FR 220 seems good with a free gift hmm.. :thumbsu: Same as the parisilk.. but I wonder what's the free gift? Worth the effort going down to expo?

Wow.. price for FR 220 seems good with a free gift hmm.. :thumbsu: Same as the parisilk.. but I wonder what's the free gift? Worth the effort going down to expo?

I think you can lower the expectation of the free gift haha. I managed to dig previous post replies from another IT fair in this thread (March 2014 at http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19385&page=10#entry480473) that the free gift included towel and wrist band.

Not too sure if you visit the Orchard Central Garmin showroom and can get this SITEX price if you find SIngapore Expo far to go to.

I think you can lower the expectation of the free gift haha. I managed to dig previous post replies from another IT fair in this thread (March 2014 at http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19385&page=10#entry480473) that the free gift included towel and wrist band.

Not too sure if you visit the Orchard Central Garmin showroom and can get this SITEX price if you find SIngapore Expo far to go to.

I will check it out at orchard central tomorrow !