Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

I bought mine online.... its unboxed from ebay...

but it works for me..... fingers crossed nth happen within the year...

else... have to think of ways to game the system...

The local distros i think is quite expensive IIRC .. 150 SGD?

Saw somewhere USD99... The belt dun really last, mine's only few months old.

Frankly the belt can be replaced by a bra strap... The cups can act as additional pouches hahahaha

Anyone encounter issue with Forerunner 220 update to version 2.9? Bluetooth with Note 3 via Garmin Connect Apps but new activities unable to upload despite display shown sync completed.

oh.... i think i dun have an issue... i rem i tried to sync before using bluetooth... let me try again tonight as i am ging for a run now.... and i am using note 3 too....

oh.... i think i dun have an issue... i rem i tried to sync before using bluetooth... let me try again tonight as i am ging for a run now.... and i am using note 3 too....

Used to sync successfully until v2.9 loaded. Now only way is to sync thru PC.

Think there is bugs in the software. Last week tried 3 different activities sync via bluetooth to no avail. Only today it sync successfully for my cycling activity. Thanks for feedback. Hopefully the sync problem is solved.

thats good..... now for me... my prob is that... sometimes in the midst of run, the signal seems to be off and it did not detect that i am running..... for a few hundred metres..before the signal comes alive again.....

My FR220 may shown signals off or no movement while I am cycling at the first few minutes. I reset it by stop and play a few times to get it work. However, I didn't experience any signals off or stop while I am running throughout the period.

My FR220 may shown signals off or no movement while I am cycling at the very first few minutes. I reset it by stop and play a few times to get it work. However, I didn't experience any signals off or stop while I am running throughout the period.

Maybe can try setting the "Auto Pause" function to "When Stopped" than Customizing the pace. I tried customizing 12:30 /km pace, it will kept stop, play, stop, play.

Anyone encounter issue with Forerunner 220 update to version 2.9? Bluetooth with Note 3 via Garmin Connect Apps but new activities unable to upload despite display shown sync completed.

There is a new version 3 update for 220 while we are at it, so the garmin updates do come regularly before we know it.

9uae6q.jpg

My FR220 may shown signals off or no movement while I am cycling at the very first few minutes. I reset it by stop and play a few times to get it work. However, I didn't experience any signals off or stop while I am running throughout the period.

Maybe can try setting the "Auto Pause" function to "When Stopped" than Customizing the pace. I tried customizing 12:30 /km pace, it will kept stop, play, stop, play.

I think i may try the stop and play a few times and hope it works.. Wonder if it's the trees above that is causing it...

The auto-pause is notorious for not working properly because when you start running the update of your speed is not instantaneous but the watch detects you at below the threshold speed hence it stops recording immediately.

The best way to deal with this is to switch to manual start/stop.

i was trying out the intervals function..... i set a pre-time or distance.... then it will prompt me once the pre-set time or dist is reached... after which... there is a resting time..... so everything was fine and when i read the details of the analysis... it seems that the pace for the interval, they took the average of both the running and rest time.... isnt really what i want.... i want to look at the running pace which i have to go to the chart and use my mouse to scroll through each sec and roughly see the pace.... is this the only way???

Wait...so u mean on Connect, it shows the run and rest period as one lap? Should be two right?

I did a test with my F2 by setting 800 Run - 400 Rest intervals with warmup and cooldown and mine seems to record the lap correctly..

4 intervals = 8 laps.

But is just on the desk testing and pressing lap buttons.. not the actual running outside yet..

i was trying out the intervals function..... i set a pre-time or distance.... then it will prompt me once the pre-set time or dist is reached... after which... there is a resting time..... so everything was fine and when i read the details of the analysis... it seems that the pace for the interval, they took the average of both the running and rest time.... isnt really what i want.... i want to look at the running pace which i have to go to the chart and use my mouse to scroll through each sec and roughly see the pace.... is this the only way???

You mean the intervals function in Garmin FR220? I am not sure what type of timing you want to look at. If it is the average pace for your interval workout, then it includes rest time too.

Lazyitachi is right about the run and rest periods are two laps, not one lap. I went to look at my own interval workout records (be it distance or time based), the run lap and rest period have different timings,distance and average pace recorded.

ok... i went to take a closer look and ran another interval training yesterday... i realised where the mistake is.... cause when i set to run at a pre-set time of say 1.40min for 400m..... then even when i reached earlier, i did not hit the lap button to start off my rest lap immediately.... so even if i ran 1.30... i rested for 10s (1.40min-1.30min) plus the rest lap that i pre-set too...

In this way, my running pace becomes a bit distaughted cause the rest time was added.....

TSKTSKTSKTS.. UNFORGIVABLE MISTAKE!

Are you doing track intervals?

I wanna train Yasso800s for speed but too lazy go far far running tracks.. :S

Hi all.. I've been running with RUNKEEPER on iPhone for past 3 years... Perfectly happy with what I have so far

Recently, my runs have been longer than phone batt life... I think no choice but to upgrade to GPS watch liao.. I'm not going to run with an upsized iPhone.

Really tempted to get FR220.. Couple of questions which I hope the experienced users here can help;

Is it easy for me to upload my runs to RUNKEEPER ? Cos many running kakis still on RUNKEEPER and I still hope to share my runs there

How does live tracking work? Does it mean my friend has to install garmin connect on their phone for them to track me "live"?

Thanks in advance for sharing....

Btw, just checked at garmin showroom.. It's 399 for FR220

Hi all.. I've been running with RUNKEEPER on iPhone for past 3 years... Perfectly happy with what I have so far

Recently, my runs have been longer than phone batt life... I think no choice but to upgrade to GPS watch liao.. I'm not going to run with an upsized iPhone.

Really tempted to get FR220.. Couple of questions which I hope the experienced users here can help;

Is it easy for me to upload my runs to RUNKEEPER ? Cos many running kakis still on RUNKEEPER and I still hope to share my runs there

How does live tracking work? Does it mean my friend has to install garmin connect on their phone for them to track me "live"?

Thanks in advance for sharing....

Btw, just checked at garmin showroom.. It's 399 for FR220