Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

I just got the 220 from Parisilk. Very competitive price I'd say.

Would like to confirm with people who owns either watch if the time is automatically set after initial set up right out of box? (Even before GPS acquisition) Also, is there a significant backlight bleed from the bottom right of your watch?

My watch froze on me twice after my first run, once showing a screen of "90:00:00" with distorted particles above and below, and the second time was when it was sending the run data to my iPad via the app. Pondering if I should go back to Parisilk for an exchange or are those issues acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

The time seems to set right out of box. Went for 2 runs, no issue so far, have tried uploading to apps via iPhone and also via WIFI.

I ordered FR10 from chainreactioncycles.com and they came with batteries. The only advantage local dealers have is warranty coverage. Online retailers can't offer that.

ah...so the fellow at Orchard Central trying to smoke me saying if buy from overseas won't have batteries due to regulations, batteries not allowed to go through custom.

Actually, the person wasn't trying to smoke you, he's probably unsure of the details of the new rule.

It is true that there is a new regulation that prohibits shipping of lithium batteries with a certain limitation. Products that have a lithium battery in its box may face problem if the battery is really too big, but if it's within the restrictions, its fine.

Just don't buy batteries by itself and you should be safe.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-iatas-new-lithium-battery-regulations-can-affect-your-overseas-electronics-purchases

I just got the 220 from Parisilk. Very competitive price I'd say.

Would like to confirm with people who owns either watch if the time is automatically set after initial set up right out of box? (Even before GPS acquisition) Also, is there a significant backlight bleed from the bottom right of your watch?

My watch froze on me twice after my first run, once showing a screen of "90:00:00" with distorted particles above and below, and the second time was when it was sending the run data to my iPad via the app. Pondering if I should go back to Parisilk for an exchange or are those issues acceptable.

Thanks in advance!

mine also time set right from the box. i dun see any backlight bleeding. so far after 3 runs, no issues of hanging. there is once i try to wake the watch up (from time mode) and it rebooted by itself.

Thanks man for the clarification !

Actually, the person wasn't trying to smoke you, he's probably unsure of the details of the new rule.

It is true that there is a new regulation that prohibits shipping of lithium batteries with a certain limitation. Products that have a lithium battery in its box may face problem if the battery is really too big, but if it's within the restrictions, its fine.

Just don't buy batteries by itself and you should be safe.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-iatas-new-lithium-battery-regulations-can-affect-your-overseas-electronics-purchases

hi,

I have a FR 220 violet\white bundle with HRM for sale. Not used. Just wore on the hand by my wife and she doesn't like the colour and feel. I bought it online at clevertraining.com. You can check out the price.

Willing to let go at SGD 330 neg. Watsapp me at 97422290 if you are interested.

Thanks!

Just bought the 620 for $50+

Ok, that's after deducting my points and throwing in my $100 NS vouchers.

Love the touch screen!

I have placed my order for 620 with Goobucket at $483.65 (after 15% discount off the original price $569) and hopefully i get to receive the package today! Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Love the touch screen!

I thought that was a mistake to get your Garmin 620 for $50+ until i read it carefully.

Good to see you like your Garmin 620!

I just bought my FR220 from amazon, so will the gps work in singapore?

cheaper comparing in local?

I bought my FR220 at Sim Lim Square for $379 (includes HR strap).

I don't think it is cheaper than getting in local, unless you don't wish to have the 1 year local warranty coverage.

Another online website which i see some forum members posted is Goobucket. Specific weblink at http://www.goobucket.com.sg/p/591/forerunner-220 (not sure if it is entitled to a further 15% discount).

I have a few questions and hope any of you could help me with it.

• Is there a screen protector for this 620 watch?
  • The watch is actually charged via USB cable, can I connect this USB cable to a wall adaptor similar to iPhone charger?
  • Will it be ok to wash the entire wash under the tap and dry it?

• The watch is actually charged via USB cable, can I connect this USB cable to a wall adaptor similar to iPhone charger?

From my experience with 610 (not 620)

• Not sure whether there is a screen protector. But you dont really need one. I've used mine for two years and there's hardly a scratch. but I only used it for running and not for casual wearing
  • Yes. I connect to my iPhone 3-pin adaptor to chardge from normal sockets.
  • Yes. That's what I do after every run. Just rinse it will do.

<p>

• Not sure whether there is a screen protector. But you dont really need one. I've used mine for two years and there's hardly a scratch. but I only used it for running and not for casual wearing

Thanks for the great tips wonderfulblevic.

The only problem with iPhone wall charges is that they charge at around 2.1A while USB ports on PCs and laptops charges at 0.5A, and USB3 ports can go up to 0.9A.

Wall charges will charge your watch up faster, but it might also damage the battery.

Love the touch screen!

I thought that was a mistake to get your Garmin 620 for $50+ until i read it carefully.

Good to see you like your Garmin 620!

I just bought my FR220 from amazon, so will the gps work in singapore?

cheaper comparing in local?

I bought my FR220 at Sim Lim Square for $379 (includes HR strap).

I don't think it is cheaper than getting in local, unless you don't wish to have the 1 year local warranty coverage.

Another online website which i see some forum members posted is Goobucket. Specific weblink at http://www.goobucket.com.sg/p/591/forerunner-220 (not sure if it is entitled to a further 15% discount).

You need to like the facebook to get the discount code, then enter the code during the purchase. If the code didn't work, try Parisilk.

The only problem with iPhone wall charges is that they charge at around 2.1A while USB ports on PCs and laptops charges at 0.5A, and USB3 ports can go up to 0.9A.

Wall charges will charge your watch up faster, but it might also damage the battery.

iPad charger is 2.1A, iPhone charger 1A. Anyway, 2.1A is the max rating, the watch is charging at lower Amp.

Example is your socket provide 13A, but your iPad, iPhone still charge at 2.1A and 1A...

Good news for people who are using Garmin forerunner 220! :)

Software update is available to the latest version 2.5 from 2.2.

The main changes would be fixing the reporting of battery capacity and improve indoor distance/pace calculation (for treadmill running).More details can be found here: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6643

To update your Garmin 220,you need to log into your Garmin Connect website and download the update into your watch and install it after unplugging from your computer.

Available for Garmin forerunner 620 too!

From version 2.30 to latest 2.50

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6589

Changes made from version 2.30 to 2.50:

• Added feature to allow the CONNECT key to wake the device and start a Wi-Fi transfer.
  • Fixed issue where running dynamics data could drop out during an activity.
  • Fixed issue where the reported battery capacity could be inaccurate.
  • Improvements to indoor distance and pace calculations.
  • Fixed issue related to the recovery adviser feature not displaying properly.
  • Improvements to the interaction between foot pod and GPS.
  • Fixed issue with resetting totals not working correctly.
  • Added feature to inform the user when returning to the target range of a workout step.
  • Fixed various issues with smartphone connectivity and the LiveTrack feature.
  • Fixed issue with running workouts contained in triathlon/mixed sport schedules not being retained on the device.
  • Fixed several other minor issues.
  • Updated translations.

i given up on my wifi function lol. simply not working on my mac.

doesn't even detect my router. and when i did it manually, it doesn't sync. need the cable. oh well.

i given up on my wifi function lol. simply not working on my mac.

doesn't even detect my router. and when i did it manually, it doesn't sync. need the cable. oh well.

Mine works well, maybe try resetting the watch or router?