Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

I just received an email from Navicom:

Thank you for your enquiry. The stock will be ready to purchase by this coming 18 Dec . We have litmited stocks available . Kindly let us know the colour and collect date. Kindly see the quotation as follows:-

Product

Unit Price (S$)

Garmin Forerunner 620 ( Available colour Black/Blue and White/ Orange)

S$ 569.00

Forerunner 620 Bundle

• Forerunner 620 GPS watch
  • HRM-Run monitor
  • Charging data cradle
  • Manuals

Notes:

All prices quoted above are Inclusive of 7% GST

Payment Term: COD

Delivery Charges: S$30, only applicable for delivery value below S$2000.

Validity Date : 14 days from date of quotation

Our company's address is as follows:

181 Orchard Road #05-17/18/19 (Please take lift to Level 6 and turn right)

Orchard Central

Singapore 238896

Tel No: 6636 5328

Our Operating Hours: Monday to Sunday 11am – 8pm

Got mine over the weekend from the shop at SLS.

Impressive new features like cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. Only complain I have is the screen is too small, can hardly see the display in dim lights and my failing eyesight.

You may see a sample of someone who use it

http://connect.garmin.com/page/activity/activity.faces?activityId=399601223&actionMethod=page%2Factivity%2Factivity.xhtml%3AuserSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=11247511

Got mine over the weekend from the shop at SLS.

Impressive new features like cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. Only complain I have is the screen is too small, can hardly see the display in dim lights and my failing eyesight.

You may see a sample of someone who use it

http://connect.garmin.com/page/activity/activity.faces?activityId=399601223&actionMethod=page%2Factivity%2Factivity.xhtml%3AuserSwitcher.switchSystem&cid=11247511

Hi n2btg, can I know how much you've paid for yours?

Anybody know the price of the FR220 sold at simlim and navicom?

Also valuebasket prices looks very good, almost too good to be true. They even have cash on delivery, anybody bought from them before? Can be trusted?

At sls, just bought 1 for $390 - with HRM, and that is by cash...if can wait, sure will go down in upcoming mths...

Yes...Valuebasket price looked very good...but out of stock for HRM model...

Which Sim Lim Square shop did you go to for your Forerunner 220?

R-one trading or perfect watch?

At sls, just bought 1 for $390 - with HRM, and that is by cash...if can wait, sure will go down in upcoming mths...

Yes...Valuebasket price looked very good...but out of stock for HRM model...

Perfect watch...r one trading end of this nth...

I also noticed Challenger have it at some outlets too.. for members, price also 390 plus...and can pay by cc

Thanks for clarifying, kasyes :)

I thought Challenger will be clearing the Garmin Forerunner 10 instead. If Challenger has it at their outlets,they will be up for grab.

I also noticed Challenger have it at some outlets too.. for members, price also 390 plus...and can pay by cc

After using it for around 2 weeks n for around 3 runs, some feedback on Garmin 220 as compared to 210 (note I simple user, never even use the Bluetooth function of 220, besides there not even hardcopy guide, just a quick start guide)

pros: - very easy to charge, can feel it lighter the weight, screen bigger, got cadence in Garmin connect, more stylish , more functions but yet to explore

Cons: - font seem smaller compared to 210- old man like me need to look closer, screen seem to be more glare - might difficult to see in bright sun?

Wanted to change the strap for my 610 cos it broke. In the end, changed the strap liao then itchy backside got the 220. Went for a quick run with it. So much better than my touch screen 610. I maybe wrong but accuracy seems better (zoom in to my map and compare). Auto pause & resume seems a little retard, but there is not setting for per second tracking. Now need to get used to buttons instead of keep touching the screen. overall a good investment.

Congrats to your Garmin 220 purchase. I would have thought you will buy a 620 instead since it is an upgrade from your 610 and it is also touchscreen function :acute:

Wanted to change the strap for my 610 cos it broke. In the end, changed the strap liao then itchy backside got the 220. Went for a quick run with it. So much better than my touch screen 610. I maybe wrong but accuracy seems better (zoom in to my map and compare). Auto pause & resume seems a little retard, but there is not setting for per second tracking. Now need to get used to buttons instead of keep touching the screen. overall a good investment.

Congrats to your Garmin 220 purchase. I would have thought you will buy a 620 instead since it is an upgrade from your 610 and it is also touchscreen function :acute:

It is exactly becos of touch screen that I chose to go back and get a old fashion button one. Price of cos is another factor. Well after 1 run, everything seems pretty good for me. So far so good. I dun need Vo2 max and ground contact time so the additional of cadence is considered a bonus for me. At a lower price dat is.

It is exactly becos of touch screen that I chose to go back and get a old fashion button one. Price of cos is another factor. Well after 1 run, everything seems pretty good for me. So far so good. I dun need Vo2 max and ground contact time so the additional of cadence is considered a bonus for me. At a lower price dat is.

I get what you mean,especially when the touch screen has a chance of not working properly :x

620 will have just a few more data fields info when you upload the running activities to Garmin Connect.

Hi Kasyes,

May I know what Challenger branch you saw stocks for FR220? Thanks in advance :)

Hi Kasyes,

May I know what Challenger branch you saw stocks for FR220? Thanks in advance :)

I suggest you get it at Perfect watch,the price for 220 is close to the price at valuebasket ($370) with HR bundle at promo price $379.

Buying it at challenger has the advantage of earning member points also lah.

Hi Kasyes,

Nex , as I stay near there

Just ordered mine from goobucket with 15% discount! Come with free delivery.

Which model did you buy?If it is Forerunner 220 at the price of $419 (assuming it comes with the HRM bundle),I won't say it is a good deal.

But if there is a 15% discount,then this is a good purchase. For Forerunner 620, $569 is the retail price if you get from Garmin Singapore distributors or retail outlets, so no difference getting it online.

Which model did you buy?If it is Forerunner 220 at the price of $419 (assuming it comes with the HRM bundle),I won't say it is a good deal.

But if there is a 15% discount,then this is a good purchase. For Forerunner 620, $569 is the retail price if you get from Garmin Singapore distributors or retail outlets, so no difference getting it online.

Got it at 15% off $569, that's $483

Got it at 15% off $569, that's $483

Yours is the Garmin 620 then,it is indeed a great deal! :)

Hi guys, i'm considering to buy the 620 with HRM but was unable to find Garmin watches in Novena and normal shops selling watches. Could you share with me where to buy at a good price with warranty coverage in SG? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, i'm considering to buy the 620 with HRM but was unable to find Garmin watches in Novena and normal shops selling watches. Could you share with me where to buy at a good price with warranty coverage in SG? Thanks in advance!

Have you try Queensway shopping Centre?