Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trailblazer

New Release of Garmin GPS Running Watch: Forerunner 220 & 620

I use a 910 and it shows either Johor Bahru Run or Nusajaya Run too when I upload. It's not about the device we use, but a interface change with their Garmin Connect website.

I have tested one workout with my Garmin Forerunner 220, synced it to Garmin connect and it is now back to "untitled", no longer "Pengerang running". ^_^

I have tested one workout with my Garmin Forerunner 220, synced it to Garmin connect and it is now back to "untitled", no longer "Pengerang running". ^_^

Garmin finally realised Singapore is not Malaysia? Haha.

I got to take back my words here :(

Just did a test run and it is back to "Pengerang Running" again. *annoyed*

Having said that,if it was a non GPS outdoor run,it shows "untitled" though.

Erm, why would you do a non-GPS outdoor run, using a GPS watch?

There are a few reasons for recording non-GPS records/run such as threadmill runs, gym workouts (indoor stationary cycling), staircase climbing which steps can be recorded as well.

There are a few reasons for recording non-GPS records/run such as threadmill runs, gym workouts (indoor stationary cycling), staircase climbing which steps can be recorded as well.

But those are not outdoor?

But those are not outdoor?

*Oops* :blush: I should be more clearer and should say non-GPS records/activities ^_^

so its not just me who faced this.... i was wondering why it seems to update a malaysia town in my gps.... so just hope they realised it and change it soon....

seems like they have not solved this issue or that no one has feedback to them.....

Outside Singapore, I don't have such an issue as the synced workout title will be matched to the place one did the run.

So this is unique to workouts done in Singapore.

Think this is intended change... ie auto detect the area you are running in and renaming accordingly...

Anyway I always rename my runs to my own format.. so not a big deal for me.

Think this is intended change... ie auto detect the area you are running in and renaming accordingly...

Anyway I always rename my runs to my own format.. so not a big deal for me.

that is true also.... i changed everytime too....

anyway recently there was a period when we cannot upload any runs to Garmin Connect... i think it was solved and i could do it last weekend......

Hi there

Am interested in getting Garmin, what is the latest pricing for both 220 and 660, inclusive of hrm and where to get them?

Thanks.

Hi there

Am interested in getting Garmin, what is the latest pricing for both 220 and 660, inclusive of hrm and where to get them?

Thanks.

Pricing for Garmin FR220 with HRM is about $330+ and you can get these two watches at i) Orchard Central Garmin outlet ii) Sim Lim Square iii) Challenger stores

Quite interested in FR220 white version. However the violet strap looks abit towards ladies. Any guys wearing the violet version?

Up to 31 May 2015, Garmin FR 220 is going for US$249. If you buy from Clever Training you can get additional 10% off by using DC Rainmaker's discount code on checkout: DCR10LFW

Clever Training site: http://www.clevertraining.com/search?q=garmin+220

I bought my Polar M400 from Clever Training site less than 2 months back. No problem getting it shipped to my door.

Quite interested in FR220 white version. However the violet strap looks abit towards ladies. Any guys wearing the violet version?

i only see ladies wearing it so far......

Yeah I think the violet looks more suitable for ladies. Any guys here wearing the violet?

they have only 2 sets of colours each for both of the 220 and 620... they had dictated the colours for the male and females respectively. I do not see that there are anything wrong if you choose to buy the violet and white watch......its subjective...