Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

슈주

You know you are a runner when...

yes, injured lo....Archilles Tendonitis.... in simple terms its heel inflammation.... its my 3rd week now and i finally went to a physio for treatment.... hope i can recover soon.... doing cycling machine till i sianz laioz... nothing beats running outdoors...hahaah

I had Achilles Tendonitis too, do foam roaming on the soleus and tendon connector, youtube for the proper way.

And also use Run-Walk method instead of full running

Recover soon :turned:

i am doing R.I.C.E plus some eccentric loading exercises which the therapist advises.... since i already spent that money so might as well listen to him... hahhah,....

i will come back stronger....

one more to add... of course its something that i felt....

-- thinking about training for races comes with the words "torturous", "inhumane" and "tiring" .... but a runner still continue training for their next race.........

after reading through the thread and have a good laugh about the pointers that I am guilty of...

- When you turned/inspired your non-runner friends into fellow runners (and you are very proud of that achievement)

- When you are relatively famous/infamous in the office because you choose to run to the office instead of taking the shuttle bus up when you got the time.

- When your spouse/partner have to request you to stop appearing in your running attire for once when you are meeting his/her friends in outdoor events. (half-guilty as charged :pardon: )

after reading through the thread and have a good laugh about the pointers that I am guilty of...

- When you turned/inspired your non-runner friends into fellow runners (and you are very proud of that achievement)

- When you are relatively famous/infamous in the office because you choose to run to the office instead of taking the shuttle bus up when you got the time.

- When your spouse/partner have to request you to stop appearing in your running attire for once when you are meeting his/her friends in outdoor events. (half-guilty as charged :pardon: )

Yes, very true to the above 3 as well.... one more to add which i subconsciously realised nowadays..... dunno whether i am thinking too much but it always happens.....

-- when you are alone in the lift or toilet with another colleague whom you seldom liaise at work, in order to break the silence or awkwardness, the 1st question the other person would always ask you would be, "What/When is your next race/running event??"

U c no runners interested in world cup starting in less than 12 hrs hahahaha

So true! Even I myself also didn't know World Cup is around this period until someone asked me.

(Speaking of which, think better to plan when to run at night during World Cup season if I want to drop by 24 hr McDonald's for an afterun bite soon. Don't want to ended up getting stuck with a big group of soccer fans watching World Cup while I want to eat in peace, haha)

U mean not interested in those playboy Ronaldo Messi n those handsome Italian n S America football players hahahaha

U say what world cup? Hahahhahah

Yes, very true to the above 3 as well.... one more to add which i subconsciously realised nowadays..... dunno whether i am thinking too much but it always happens.....

-- when you are alone in the lift or toilet with another colleague whom you seldom liaise at work, in order to break the silence or awkwardness, the 1st question the other person would always ask you would be, "What/When is your next race/running event??"

Guilty as charged.

U c no runners interested in world cup starting in less than 12 hrs hahahaha

So true! Even I myself also didn't know World Cup is around this period until someone asked me.

(Speaking of which, think better to plan when to run at night during World Cup season if I want to drop by 24 hr McDonald's for an afterun bite soon. Don't want to ended up getting stuck with a big group of soccer fans watching World Cup while I want to eat in peace, haha)

Actually I am a soccer fan too. But subscribing to world cup is even more expensive than registering for a race! Plus me old liao cannot keep awake at such unearthly hours. Waste of money.

p.s. also need to do morning runs haha

Actually some members here r soccer fans too.... Guess running will take a backseat for next few weeks, the timings for the matches hahahahaha

Me too old too to wakeup at such hours... Perhaps the 6am n 9am matches? Hahahhahah

its rather dangerous to run with lack of sleep i feel.... so imagine staying up to watch a 3am match then run at 5am.... might not be so healthy....haha..... i will selectively watch the matches.... but should not hinder my running (watch on non-running days/nights).... hhahaa

My contribution:

Mye-cards-02_zpsf6ae3f6f.png

I like this, and very true

For me :

You know you are a runner... : you already labelled your running gears as fashion, '' should I wear neon pink shorts with white singlet, which sport bra color is nice , more neon the better, is like glowing in the dark or so bright that being spotted 2km away ''

Your running calendar will have at least 1-2 running event per month, if not you will find one to sign up .

In fact , you already plan throughout the year before the new year begins.

Very excited and anxious when the registration is open.

You will feel frustrated with yourself when you missed the deadline and asking why why didn't sign up early

Your legs will feel '' itchy '' when you didn't run for a week.

Your mother will ask you '' hey , any run event this sunday ''

Your mother will also ask you '' wah, you buy banana, got run ah tmr.... ''

Before you even realize, your tee and singlet are getting more and more

ECP is your running playground, in fact, everywhere...

When you completed your first Half or Full Marathon , the feeling is like getting an Oscars.

When your colleagues/friends talk about running, you get hyped up.

You even paste some running motivation pictures at your office desk partition.

You even bring your running shoes along when holiday

You already sign up overseas running...

Very true.... I like The part when u say paste some running quotes in office partition...haa...

Got one sentence u said completing the 1st hm/fm and felt like receiving Oscars. ..In fact whenever I complete a fm. ..I will still have the sense of accomplishment...haaa

i realised two more.....

10. when you feel that its the END of the world when you are injured......

11. when you feel that you rather run(train) rather than injured (rest)

I like both !!!

I was laughing away when reading others .

All above , we sold our life to running. Muhahahahaha.....

adding on :

You spend more money on running shoes than heels

You wont feel heartpain when paying a $70 run

adding on :

your mom will demand for more pocket money after seeing these posts :lol: :lol:

adding on :

You spend more money on running shoes than heels

You wont feel heartpain when paying a $70 run

adding on :

your mom will demand for more pocket money after seeing these posts :lol: :lol:

mama wont know who is beepbeep

lol