Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

슈주

You know you are a runner when...

• You think running shoes looks good even when wearing pants
  • All that you wear are finisher tees,events tees or running apparel
  • Any place less than 10k away is "near"

:yahoo:

Goggle your name and only race results appear.

I quite like this one and you get depressed/moody if you don't run at least once a week?

Very true :thumbsu: When i got runner's knee together with hamstring initially, had to run slow and short (3km) for 3 weeks, and 1 week cannot run, that was very frustrating and i spent all the time reading on running techniques and warm-up exercises, eating habits, etc lol

so I'm still not a runner :(

but u are super regular runner wor :turned:

nice. how abt coming up with a top 10 , like Letterman's The Late Show with David Letterman

I contribute one : You sleep in your compression wear every night ;)

nice. how abt coming up with a top 10 , like Letterman's The Late Show with David Letterman

I contribute one : You sleep in your compression wear every night ;)

Sleep so tight..? . Mmmm not good for ahem ahem...

I randomly found 2 such "You Know You are a Runner When..." websites. Here are two for a start: http://running.about.com/od/runninghumor/a/knowyourearunner.htm &

Selected interesting descriptions about runners from running humor website:

1) you have a drawer full of medals and other race souvenirs that you're not sure what to do with.

2) you've used an old race T-shirt to wash your car, dust furniture, or clean something else.

3) you know how to take a cup of water from a water stop/station without choking on it or spilling it all over yourself.

4) you wear your running watch even when you're not running. ("It matches, right?")

5) one of the first things people ask you when they haven't seen you in a while is, "What race are you training for now?"

I still do not know how to drink without stopping. I keep getting water in my nose. How do you guys do it?

Anyway, one of the things runners collect besides tees and medals is also safety pins. You know you're a runner when you have a container full of safety pins of different sizes and colours and shapes.

I'm also my friends' source of weekend road closure information, so you know you're a runner if you know where are the road closure locations on weekends.

You know you're a runner when friends ask you if you have discount / discount coupons for X brand sports apparel.

Drinking while running definitely requires practice. I started with a small plastic water bottle. Basically taking a sip of the water, I take a deep breadth. Its important not to try sipping your usual mouthful, but about half as that. With the water in your mouth, swallow half that amount in and take a breadth through your nose. And then swallow the remaining water. Repeat until you have enough or you have finished the water in your cup.

Hydration bottle is a little easier as you can basically squeeze the water down your throat. But basically I would still squeeze a half mouthful of water before swallowing.

As for safety pins, got different colours and shape meh? Different sizes maybe but its usually the same generic safety pins.

As for the useless discount coupons, when I started I tried giving them away. After 4 races, I stopped trying cos no one wants those useless vouchers. :lazy:

Good tip from lonewolf on the amount of water drinking to take note of during race :)

I will now share a good tip on drinking straight from paper cups in running races so that race pace can be maintained. If used correctly together with lonewolf's tip, another 5-10 minutes of race time can be reduced because of good drinking technique :)

When you reach the water/hydration station, slow down a bit at the drink station, grab the paper.flatten the lid of the paper cup, and drink/suck the water from there. This helps to prevent spillage on yourself and you can maintain your running form/pace during race ^__^ Hope this helps you people out and the two weblinks for the sources (Link 1- click here & Link 2 - click here)

Same with lonewolf, most of the safety pins i have are those generic type and can be easily purchased.

Totally agree on the number of useless discount coupons from the running races!Lost count the number of time i have throwed them or disposed them.

Drinking while running definitely requires practice. I started with a small plastic water bottle. Basically taking a sip of the water, I take a deep breadth. Its important not to try sipping your usual mouthful, but about half as that. With the water in your mouth, swallow half that amount in and take a breadth through your nose. And then swallow the remaining water. Repeat until you have enough or you have finished the water in your cup.

Hydration bottle is a little easier as you can basically squeeze the water down your throat. But basically I would still squeeze a half mouthful of water before swallowing.

As for safety pins, got different colours and shape meh? Different sizes maybe but its usually the same generic safety pins.

As for the useless discount coupons, when I started I tried giving them away. After 4 races, I stopped trying cos no one wants those useless vouchers. :lazy:

My contribution:

Mye-cards-02_zpsf6ae3f6f.png

wow very true and i didnt realize it too.

for the safra bay run i actually can wake up at 2+ and took the Nightrider at 3+

Impossible on normal days wakakaka

Omg, lonewolf's post on waking up at 5am for runs is so true liao... Hmm, the "insane" things runners do haha

Great tips on water drinking too. I'll try put them into practice and hopefully shave off precious minutes from my next race.

When...

...you are always reading blogs and forums about running and running tips.

Like this blog post featuring tips from top marathoner Ashley Liew. :D :D

My contribution:

Mye-cards-02_zpsf6ae3f6f.png

This is very true ... I have no problem waking up at 4.30am on every Sunday and then drive to ECP to cover my LSD ... But I'm always unable to drag myself up on working days ...

You know you are a runner when you have alot of safety pins, and you didn't buy them.

While preparing to go for an interview, your CV file is full of Certificates of Participation.

While preparing to go for an interview, your CV file is full of Certificates of Participation.

and you use your hydration pack as a haversack / backpack ... with tubing attached :lol:

You know you are a runner when you have alot of safety pins, and you didn't buy them.

Not really true. Its only true for people who signed up for a lot of races. You dun need to sign up for races to be a runner. So to me this is not completely true.

This one from SCMS is more accurate.

598604_591652347548344_868614595_n_zps3a