lonewolf

[Medal Hunters United] List of ELM Medal Races

Some of my old medals have become rusty and mouldy.

Anyone knows any effective way to remove the rust/mould,to make it shiny again.

TIA

mouldy??? For something to go mouldy, there must be something organic the mould must feed on. Didn't realise medals can go mouldy too.

BUt IMHO, I think medals which are rusted cannot be restored. Rust is a form of corrosion sepecific to iron and is new compound brought about by iron reacting with water and oxygen. The iron is oxidised to form hydrated iron (III) hydroxide which is rust and since this is a chemical reaction and not a physical one, I'm afraid, the medal is 'gone case'.

But just out of curiousity bro, when you said 'old medals' do you mean recent race medals or medals from your running sports day kind?

i also have a rusted one.... i tihnk its Mizuno wave run a few years back.....

Did you attempt to get rid of the rust? I want to keep that 2006 medal cos it was my maiden 21 Km :)

i didnt try to cause it looked beyong help.... and i am afraid that if i manage to get off the rust or mould, the entire medal might be in a worse state than before.... wahahha...

Got one lotion can't remember the name, can remove rust.... Very long never seen in diy stores.... Perhaps out of biz due to stainless brand hahahha

Just discovered this thread. Very informative.

Design and quality of finisher medal/race singlet/finisher tee are the main factors to motivate me to sign up for runs.

yup... in the past, a run is just a run... probably got opportunity to register for races already happy.....nowadays since there are plenty of races, its the fees, medal and singlet/tees that motivate us to complete each race and also train for one......

Think fee also increase... As need to justify designer fees for the racee shirt n medal n Finisher shirt hahahahahahaha

yup... in the past, a run is just a run... probably got opportunity to register for races already happy.....nowadays since there are plenty of races, its the fees, medal and singlet/tees that motivate us to complete each race and also train for one......

AutumnRunner,

Saw your medals nicely displayed on another thread. Well done!

AutumnRunner,

Saw your medals nicely displayed on another thread. Well done!

Thanks g18.... its just a way for me to look at them when i felt down (esp during training)..... somehow it motivates me.....

2014 10th ELM Medal Race: Rebook One Challenge

I will admit that I almost miss this one. But thanks to the collective power of this forum which alert me that this may possibly be an ELM medal race, I managed to track a pix of the finisher medal to indeed confirm that this is true. And considering that World of Sports is associated with this race and the fact that they were associated in the past with issuing poor quality medals, I must admit that I was surprised to find that ELM medals were issued. If only race organiser advertised that ELM medals are going to be issued, I suspect more will sign up.

596b458e51521_2014-07-06RebookOneChallenge02.jpg.c8167f70752b91a7bbd2dc06e6bfb66e.jpg

Edited by lonewolf

2014 11th ELM Medal Race: Garfield Run

When rave and gimmick runs start to issue ELM medals, a time will come when I have to ask myself if I will join one just to have one of these medals. And make no mistake. The Garfield Run is an over-priced gimmick run but damn, you cant argue with the design of these medals. Early contender for Medal of the Year! And in case some of you think I'm slipping, the ELM stamp is on the reverse of the medal. I initially dismissed it as an ELM medal until I saw a picture of the reverse.

So check out these gorgeous medals!

596b45ba1e320_2014-07-19GarfieldRun00.thumb.jpg.5f2e20f8950450f2a90ceeb7d9b26920.jpg

Edited by lonewolf

10th ELM Medal Race: Rebook One Challenge

I will admit that I almost miss this one. But thanks to the collective power of this forum which alert me that this may possible be an ELM medal race, I managed to track a pix of the finisher medal to indeed confirm that this is true. And considering that World of Sports is associated with this race and the fact that they were assoicated in the past with issuing poor quality medals, I must admit that I was surprised to find that ELM medals were issued. If only race organiser advertised that ELM medals are going to be issued, I suspect more will sign up.

2014-07-06RebookOneChallenge02_zps70da26

Nice medal. I like the simple circular design.... as a medal should be.

11th ELM Medal Race: Garfield Run

When rave and gimmick runs start to issue ELM medals, a time will come when I have to ask myself if I will join one just to have one of these medals. And make no mistake. The Garfield Run is an over-priced gimmick run but damn, you cant argue with the design of these medals. Early contender for Medal of the Year! And in case some of you think I'm slipping, the ELM stamp is on the reverse of the medal. I initially dismissed it as an ELM medal until I saw a picture of the reverse.

So check out these gorgeous medals!

2014-07-19GarfieldRun00_zps48f237c3.jpg

I saw many people wearing the yellow Garfield T-shirts at Raffles Place MRT yesterday afternoon. I will give these type of run a miss and the fun looking medals are not really my cup of tea. Garfield fans will not complain, of course.

Nice.

Always prefer the simple, round medal.

Is the 2013 edition by ELM?

Nope. See 1st post for a comprehensive list of ELM medals for 2012 and 2013. There were only 7 ELM medal races last yr. Swissotel VM is not one of them.