lonewolf

[Medal Hunters United] List of ELM Medal Races

surely these medals ELM or not have no much value other than what runners think of them? i.e. can't sell them?

surely these medals ELM or not have no much value other than what runners think of them? i.e. can't sell them?

it's not about value Pog.

It's about having a quality medal for keepsake purpose.

We are not called Medal Hunters United for nothing.

Don't confuse us with Medal Sellers United

I read through this thread but found no one talking about the actual distinction of ELM medals to others... i think the main thing is better quality but anyone has any comparison side by side on its looks?? Besides the weight and the triangular knot?? I have noticed this ELM thingy but didnt take good notice much as I thought its just the medal printing company's name... hahah...

I read through this thread but found no one talking about the actual distinction of ELM medals to others... i think the main thing is better quality but anyone has any comparison side by side on its looks?? Besides the weight and the triangular knot?? I have noticed this ELM thingy but didnt take good notice much as I thought its just the medal printing company's name... hahah...

I think if you have any of the ELM medals from this yr races, the distinction will be very obvious.

For a even bigger distinction, all you have to take is this earlier post from KPP on the Race Against Cancer medal from 2012 and 2013.

Its a perfect comparison because the design for both yr is almost identical so the actual design dun come into play. The 2012 ELM medal has a nice quality finish of substantial weight. The 3 running figures and the words are embossed and looks much better defined compared to the non-ELM medal.

The 2013 non-ELM medals are lighter in weight, and an almost mirror-like finish and feel cheap by comparison.

ohh... i saw the previous post by KPP and saw the mirror-like feel of the medal... i didnt really noticed the difference in the wordings till i took a 2nd look and noticed the ELM medals have the words nicely embossed.... okk... will go home tonight and take a good look at all my medals again for the distinction...hahaah

I think if you have any of the ELM medals from this yr races, the distinction will be very obvious.

For a even bigger distinction, all you have to take is this earlier post from KPP on the Race Against Cancer medal from 2012 and 2013.

Its a perfect comparison because the design for both yr is almost identical so the actual design dun come into play. The 2012 ELM medal has a nice quality finish of substantial weight. The 3 running figures and the words are embossed and looks much better defined compared to the non-ELM medal.

The 2013 non-ELM medals are lighter in weight, and an almost mirror-like finish and feel cheap by comparison.

And you know what? I happened to checked the Race Against Cancer medal for the 2013 one (this year) and I was shocked to find out that the medal surface has been oxidised and no longer shiny like how I received it. I have placed the medal in an exposed box by the way. But there is no indication of corrosion/oxidation from my other ELMs or non-ELMs medals btw

wah...this further justifed that ELM medals are indeed better.... okk... i will pay more attention to the medals details in the future.. i always look at design and the glossy or matt surface but did not go into the details to check for its quality... hahah

Dedicated to members of Medal Hunters United. Because its the only reason why we signed up for the race:

s5-21_12_11_13_00_55.png.2d0069e9de7f66667917df622bbca20c.png

Edited by lonewolf

a rare found ELM medal.. North East Run 2011..20th November 2011, Sunday, Venue: Pasir Ris Park, Punggol, 4km, 7km & 14km

n2.jpg

comfirmed..a ELM with special marking "ELM" and that triangular tightly sawn ribbon to hold the medal..

6491686145_207fed9ebc_b.jpg

14km competitive @ SGD40..7km competitive @ SGD30

who says neighbourhood community run no give ELM medal.. :)

This race is making a come back in 2014! So being an ElM medal race in 2011, A Medal Hunters United alert is hence issued.

Of cos, the race fee for 2014 edition is significantly lower so no guaranteed that it will remain a ELM medal race.

Details on the race here

Discussion on the race here

a rare found ELM medal.. North East Run 2011..20th November 2011, Sunday, Venue: Pasir Ris Park, Punggol, 4km, 7km & 14km

n2.jpg

comfirmed..a ELM with special marking "ELM" and that triangular tightly sawn ribbon to hold the medal..

6491686145_207fed9ebc_b.jpg

14km competitive @ SGD40..7km competitive @ SGD30

who says neighbourhood community run no give ELM medal.. :)

This race is making a come back in 2014! So being an ElM medal race in 2011, A Medal Hunters United alert is hence issued.

Of cos, the race fee for 2014 edition is significantly lower so no guaranteed that it will remain a ELM medal race.

Details on the race here

Discussion on the race here

Upz for awareness!

Thanks lonewolf for your vigilance :goodjob:

On 26/12/2013 at 9:26 AM, AutumnRunner said:

looks good... but i dun see the ELM word... maybe at the back?? or the top left corner which seems to have some word there.....

I think that's the back. :) Its clearer on the front of the medal.

6491686293_e86b7055c3_b.jpg

Picture courtesy of RunShootPost.

Edited by lonewolf

ok.. i am convinced... should be registering for the event soon but also took note that since the price is lower, there might be a risk that the medal isnt ELM...hahaaha

ok.. i am convinced... should be registering for the event soon but also took note that since the price is lower, there might be a risk that the medal isnt ELM...hahaaha

Frankly I would be very very surprised if they managed it. But who knows? Maybe they managed to get a rich sponsor. Haha.. In any case, I probably wont mind even if its not ELM. Cos Changi Beach Park is quite a nice place to run. Nice to have a change of scenery for races. See u on race day! :hi:

And we have our first ELM medal for 2014. And it came from a most unexpected source - the inaugural Mediacorp Hong Bao Run! Universally derided for its sky high price, the run has one redeeming factor after all!

2014-02-08-Hong_Bao_Run-medal-02.jpg.24090b4edbd4aca9e66d53e3264be5cf.jpg

Edited by lonewolf