Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dvdwng

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2014

ok understood.... i heard from my HK frens that SCMHK is usually take up within one or 2 days.... so i thought it might be a big and nice ambience event where crowd is awesome... so i got it all wrong... maybe the number capped for the races were too little...waahhaah

oh... sounds good... how about the ambience from the crowd?? given the lower temp and haze, more supporters will prefer to stay at home??

The crowd was only lively near to the end point. Probably the last 2km or so. Other than that, I think it's just the support from the volunteers at the water station.

I did Seoul Marathon last year, and I think the support from the crowd was much better than SCHKM. There are people setting up tables to provide drinks and food at almost along the route.

If there is a chance, skip SCHKM and opt for Seoul marathon.

Just my 2 cents point of view.

That's because most of the route is on highway. There is supporter on the overhead bridge next to Olympian City, which is next an expressway.

ok understood.... i heard from my HK frens that SCMHK is usually take up within one or 2 days.... so i thought it might be a big and nice ambience event where crowd is awesome... so i got it all wrong... maybe the number capped for the races were too little...waahhaah

In Oct 2013, other than 10km, all other categories were filled up by evening time (or earlier).

My opinion - worth to go to conquer the slopes, see the bridges with the superb views, n the tunnels....

That plus the very nice foods at hk b4 n after the race...plus generally languages not a barrier...

Anyone can share where is the start and end point? Can better plan for accommodation if going next year haha.

so with the high number of sign up rates, i think this race is still worth a try, right?

It is definitely worth it especially if u can find cheap plane ticket. It is more challenging the run-of-the mill races here.

Anyone can share where is the start and end point? Can better plan for accommodation if going next year haha.

Start point is near Mira Hotel on Nathan Rd

End point is Victoria Park in Causeway Bay.

For the past 2 yrs, i have been staying in a boutique hotel no further than 10 mins walk from Victoria Park.

But...................

It is min SGD 200/night.

so with the high number of sign up rates, i think this race is still worth a try, right?

It is definitely worth it especially if u can find cheap plane ticket. It is more challenging the run-of-the mill races here.

Start point is near Mira Hotel on Nathan Rd

End point is Victoria Park in Causeway Bay.

For the past 2 yrs, i have been staying in a boutique hotel no further than 10 mins walk from Victoria Park.

But...................

It is min SGD 200/night.

:startle:

any guesthouse along nathan road if you are a budget runner. Some Hotel can be costly.

Yes there are many guesthouse along nathan road. Inside Chung King Mansion, there are many smaller hostels. I will recommend one to book first then go there. The rooms are similar. small with a toilet with tv on the wall. If got group n staying there long can rent a apartment.

I am very happy to receive this on top of the usual cert.

this meant that u need to take part consecutive marathons then they will have the difference in timing..... extra effort by them.... wonder what will they say if the timing doesnt improve....hahhah