Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Run Wild, Run Free

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2013 (Sunday 01-December)

Event Launch

Registration for the SCMS 2013 will officially open on Thursday, 4 July 2013, at The Event Square, Waterfront Promenade @ Marina Bay (next to Bayfront Link) at 11am.

Runners will also be able to register online from 6pm that day. The first 300 registrants at The Event Square, Waterfront Promenade @ Marina Bay will get a special SEIKO timer alarm clock, while the next 500 registrants will receive a limited edition gym bag. Lucky draws will also be conducted, with 15 SEIKO watches worth S$494 each to be won.

Registrants at The Event Square will also receive S$5 discount for all categories (except Ekiden).

Date 4 July 2013, Thursday
Time 11am – 4pm
Venue Event Square, Waterfront Promenade @ Marina Bay (next to Bayfront Link)

SCMS-2013-Fee_zps981051bd.jpg

I don;'t think i will wan to sign up anymore..... Price increased every year... no mercy or special offer to who past runner for the direct mailer too... Rather go for SD or oversea marathon with sight seeing trip too....

wah.. so expensive.. agree with delldell314..

even with Standard Chartered card.. 15% off.. yap.. no joke..

what.. ASICS sponsorship.. lost to brooks.. don't tell uncle.. pink apple won the tender.. otherwise, NB of hivelocity.. yipee.. tender did not pass.. because of sundown.. deservingly..so many no good comments..mostly from sgRunners..

and already many know.. uncle no scms this time.. uncle be race official.. taking charge of scandal like StanChart marathon ’runner—up’ disqualified for non—race ..

"in 2012, Josephine Wang, who was the ’runner—up’ of the Full Marathon Singapore (Women) category at this year’s Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore, has been disqualified.

The organiser has disqualified her as someone else had represented her in the race.

In a statement, the Singapore Sports Council said Wang has confirmed in writing on Monday of her non—participation at the run on Sunday.

She had passed her bib to another participant to compete in her place and has apologised for the inconvenience caused.

According to the event rule 23: "Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer their race entries to another party or change race categories after their registrations are confirmed."

uncle's role is to check female bib runners only..ID, sex, blood group..with specially equipped visual scan technology..nice... so that such scandal.. will not happen.. that's why..

2-3 years back, there were some ppl so happy SCMS got the Gold award and IAAF certified thing.

I already saw it coming with the certification and award only spells increase in registration prices.

I'd rather no certification and no whatever gold award because it the certification means nothing to the average runner who just want to run his 10/21/42K race.

And have to agree with delldell314 that there is no loyalty discount and early bird cheapest price only for 1 week! WTH man!

Am also considering skipping this marathon tis year.

uncle, lemme know if you need HELPING HANDS with checking on those ladies ! LOL

jokes aside, i will sign up ... got a score to settle !

besides, i not affected by price hikes ...

i paid FULL $85 last year ... so this time round is $70

Even though the price going up every year

People complain, they will still increase again only lah.

No point.

They know got too many runners.......

I hope with this price increase, non-serious runners, especially 10K & 21K joggers (jokers) will not take part.

Assuming there is still the merging of 10K, 21K & 42K runners in the route, there will be less blockage for serious full-marathon runners in the last 5K.

The marathon will truly be for marathoners.

Yes, why no Asics? I wanna replace my shoe at discount leh.

Is this the more expensive half marathon in Singapore? They charge so high relative to a FM cos they know HM will sell out fast?

Is this the more expensive half marathon in Singapore? They charge so high relative to a FM cos they know HM will sell out fast?

This one I know (been keeping track of all the races registration fees except for tri and ladies run) and the answer is YES.

Comparing the early birds rate for the following HM:

2XU: $52

Run350: $45

Sundown: $58

Tri-Factor Run: $45.90

SAFRA SBR: $55 (public rate)

SCMS: $68

This one I know (been keeping track of all the races registration fees except for tri and ladies run) and the answer is YES.

Comparing the early birds rate for the following HM:

2XU: $52

Run350: $45

Sundown: $58

Tri-Factor Run: $45.90

SAFRA SBR: $55 (public rate)

SCMS: $68

For 2013 Run350 21km Men, I paid only S$30 (I just checked). I'm not gonna sign up SCM HM for $57.8 0 80.

Same old same old... every year price increase, every year people come in to complain, in the end still break record for number of participants...

Just $10 difference from what I paid last year, so I'll still take part, just eat Macdonald's 2 times lesser.

I just hope there is some variation to the route... already run roughly the same route 3 years.

Next year FM prices will hit 3 digits, guaranteed.

oops ... my bad

just spotted FULL rate increased by $10 (from 85 to 95)

$105 for SCSM 2014 then ? lol

FM most probably hit 3 digits next year.

For HM when hit 3 digits ???

Even then so many people will sign up untill all slots fully sold out and race route pack again.

In the End dont worry.

Just Be Happy N do what U want.

Next year FM prices will hit 3 digits, guaranteed.

oops ... my bad

just spotted FULL rate increased by $10 (from 85 to 95)

$105 for SCSM 2014 then ? lol

I hope with this price increase, non-serious runners, especially 10K & 21K joggers (jokers) will not take part.

Assuming there is still the merging of 10K, 21K & 42K runners in the route, there will be less blockage for serious full-marathon runners in the last 5K.

The marathon will truly be for marathoners.

i think it will attract the opposite... serious runner will rather go for less fancy n less expensive or even go for oversea marathon coz they are fit enough to do it... On the other hand, SCM will attract more non-serious runner and ppl who just wan to walk/jog 42km for that satki finisher tee... $ is a small price to pay for that 42km fnisher tee... ( which seasoned runners will sell away asap at this forum)

Based on last few years, 21km is the hot pie.... 42 will be still avail till e end... Maybe it time to make an excuse to go Bali for that triathlon/marathon..

back in 2010:

21KM- $30.60

2011 & 2012:

42km: $60

Time for me to stop an event i've been going since 2004. :(

2009: 42km was $45

I believe in the end, the price increase will not deter people from signing up.

From prospective newbie marathoner like me, I think I will probably still sign up if its $105. After training for more than a year for the event, I dun think I will let the price of entry deter me so much. And every year, there are hundred if not thousands of prospective 1st time marathoners like me. So we will pay. :showoff:

The people who bulked at the price increase are the seasoned marathoners. Those who has run it for many years and see the price increase years after years. At a pt, the 'Economies of Race Participation' will kick in. And the increase in race fee leads to a diminishing return in terms of race satisfaction. If that happens, the seasoned runners will give it a miss. :ph34r:

There are also some who are die-hard supporters of the event and will probably take the price increase in the stride. Some like my friends have their company to pay for them, so they will continue to run (lucky bastards! :diablo: )

So in the end, it will all balance out. And from the race organiser prospective, its probably status quo.

From what I remembered last yr, the 10K was the first to go (I think they limit the no of runners). HM and FM slots were opened till the close of registration (I was checking closely last yr. I was not ready to run the HM but too late to sign up for the 10K)

I find it a terribly cynical that some think people sign up just to run/jog the 42K just for the finisher tee. I am always troubled by this perceived elitism and impatience for these slower runners/joggers. I find it a little sad that runners - regardless of motivations, gene, skill and speed, are unable to be more encompassing and accommodating. :mom:

All of us who participated in races do it for different reasons. But surely everyone who turned up deserved to be congratulated instead of being scorned for being an inconsiderate walker/ slow jogger. Its terribly presumptuous to jump to any conclusion based on the few seconds or minutes of interactions you have with people you meet on the race route. There are many reasons why even the most prepared athlete will have his or her occasional off days. :vava:

Just imagine, if you have a regular running buddy - for whatever reasons - that slowed during a race, would you scorn at him from being a walker (and blocking your way) or encouraged him to push on? I think the answer is obvious. :clapping: While I'm not suggesting that we cheered every walker/slow joggers on (that would be too tiring!), can we perhaps be a little bit more tolerant of them? :drinks:

As our society become increasing polarising, I do hope that at least, sports and especially running will bring people together regardless of our motivation. However, I guess I was just being too naive. In the end, I suppose human nature prevails and will always rear its ugly head. :sorry: