Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dvdwng

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run 2013

750 posts in this topic

ex-NS and NS runners: "females or a Q** bros are sama sama, very welcome to run"

btw..EggFace..is you Face - male one, Egg - female type or none-of-the-above - a Q** bro EggFace one?

Me no A Q** bro and no female egg within me... :gym:

I dun understand what all the fuss is about with the registration fee.

Yes, active SAF NSF and NSMen are given a preferential rate for participation. But if the objectives for doing so is clear (and I hope it is clear), then there really shouldn't be a uproar over the perceived registration fee parity.

There is no discrimination against women participant. They paid the public rate - the same as men who are not Army NSF or NSMen. These includes those in the police and SCDF.

Of cos at the end of the day, individual runners (regardless of gender) will make their own decision as to whether the registration fee charged is worth paying for the overall race experience. $58.15 is comparable to what you pay for Sundown HM this yr and SCMS HM last yr.

lots of inter-formation/unit competition.. shouting and cheering with themes at cerain sectors of route.. very rowdy one..and make runners..want to run with rhythmic..energizer..and of course..everybody sure do PB one..very motivated..

People who read this thread posts might get impression Singapore SAF only got male and no female. Actually there are females in the SAF.

Uncle.... What is it you do not like about ounnie? Hmm... Think I am too irresistible already. :lol:

@ EggFace: Hehe... If nothing goes wrong, ounnie will be there. But I am very low key person. You may fail to spot me. :)

mmm.. dearest..ounnie..you female or ah Q** bro?..uncle and many here..now getting confused loh.. can check..ounnie..do jumping jack like EggFace.. high, higher, highest..let uncle double confirm..

ok..ounnie..yes, when you are low..your 3 spots..very hard to see..just stay steady in that position..good..just make your top very low and bottom very low...since you say you like to be very low key one, I am very low key person.. you said one... let uncle and all triple confirm if you are indeed female..not ah Q** bro?..and once 3 spots everyone SPOTed confirmed for the fourth time, and you pass, instead of.. fail to spot me.. you said one..uncle will give free red 2xu singlet when you register..happy now!

wah..like that check..don't know can get enough females signing up for this race?.. better place ads in neighbouring countries, "female running talents wanted for SAFRA Singapore Bay Run 2013, must pass test..as long as can pay race high fee, free red 2xu singlets, free one-night off..promised to be full of $excitement."

Sometimes I also confused. :startle: LOL....

got always hear this old song sung, "when you're in the Army/Navy/Air Force..why do we train..because, we want to be free..to be free.. to be free!"

Uncle... I confused about myself lah. Think you are the one who thinks otherwise. By the way, we better do not divert too much from the forum. Else kanna mark by people. Then jialiat.

yap.. great suggestion..pink ribbon walk 2013.. nobody talked and reply there.. both go there.. and let uncle better "re-edit" previous posts..and need ounnie's help also..

ok.. we are back.. yes, bonding of men and women served in the SAF.. we run this one..simply..

LOW KEY? HIGH KEY?? sound so much like going ICT!!!

So we have spot ounnie contest at the run?? LOL...

any idea what time will be the flag off for HM? first time doing HM for this marathon and it's only my second HM.

Judging from the turn out for 10km for the previous 2 yrs, i doubt i will be able to improve on my timing for HM. but going to support n join in the fun. Hope it's like what kohpapa says... all the RARA during the run will motivate all to run run run faster...

yo.. EggFace.. everytime there is this event publicity.. http://www.runsociety.com/event/safra-singapore-bay-run-army-half-marathon/

ounnie..everybody's female runner so easy to spot.. http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/health/article6722506.ece/ALTERNATES/w460/Woman+running+barefoot in barefoot some more.. and uncle, the Kena SAI runner from SAFRA http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/3/38826/885653-wolfman.jpg and EggFace runner from sgRunners one http://czechfolks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/egg-face-flickr.jpg .. make sure everybody eats sunnyside up breakfast on PLATE not FACE before run ok?

People who read this thread posts might get impression Singapore SAF only got male and no female. Actually there are females in the SAF.

But most people think females who serve SAF not chio bu or no feminine look. More so if they run long distance.

This seems to be going off topic.

People might not understand what is the message

:lol: Kind of lah. But look from another perceptive, we are trying to encourage ladies runners to signup for the fear of having an almost all male race. No ladies to look at tidak shiok lah. :P

@ swtmt: That will be stereotyping by these people. I personally know of some real chio long distance runners. Runners are not body builders. Bodies are toned but not having those "scary" muscles. :startle: Also, I am quite sure there are chio SAF personnel. Next time I go camps, I will beo for them. Then report here. Hehe...

On a personal note on route. Again, I want to say I want run on Sheares Bridge. Perhaps last time able to leave my sweat on it. :(

aiyo.. some comments..and ounnie sum up well.. needs to have "feminism" in this otherwise..male-nominated event.. and kudo to ounnie.. break-through.. and uncle is happy.. all is clear up..while uncle..watches on the sideline.. eating pop-corn and ice-cream..enjoying..

come on guys.. there had been too many males talk mancho.. alpha with PB-only.. sian right?.. make this SAFRA AHM run open to equally challenging ones.. accept that.. there are others who need to be "heard" and not told what ought to be done and not what rules, self-appointed moderators (male).. expression on the love of running.. comes with no boundary..and best of all..what men must always do the talking..everytime..right..but, not left..why not have the ladies join and have the fun too..

otherwise.. if all men can run and talk like alpha mancho.. then all should stand up at ultra! forum..and talk ultra! the ultimate race of the year..and guess what.. already a female sgrunner..meteorgirl715, sweet one just, declare..she is for ultra!... guys guys.. as uncle has said.. the most endured in running may not be only for the male-only.. the females are making strides over the years, with more time for independence in thinking, participation and proper training plans.. for we have genes..with the most endured ones.. the X-factor.. determines..who's the most endured!.. and not the Y-factor after all.. isn't this the battle of the XX Female, XY Male and XY ah Q** with X-factor biology story..that's all..let said this all spoken is off-topic.. the off-thing is more males have gone into weight-lifting..bulky and guess what..agree with ounnie, "Runners are not body builders. Bodies are toned but not having those "scary" muscles".. and from uncle's perspective of what body-building does.. is only a resistance training..if built for upper body.. "scary".. but for uncle.. then how to run.. if most of these body-building ones (mostly males) take Whey protein and raw eggs for protein-loading.. that one nutrition if don't take religiously daily.. big bulky top become XX "breasts"..and need cup H to cover up..if followed by no more body-building and nutrition of high-protein, low-carbo sessions...uncle also is in strengthening and conditioning.. wants uncle to tell lame story of what is it all about to males bodies?..and their side-effects...or the aerobic and anaerobic explanation..exercise physiology..on body-building..vs..running..contra each other..

all right.. the intention of ounnie and uncle is to "drum" that enthusiam..so that invitation is extended to more ladies or sis sgRunners.. to participate actively in forum threads..even if male-dominated forum thread like this one.. because this race is organised with this "male-nominated race category"...but, are always welcome to post.. btw..uncle just shared knee problem with a sis sgRunners with shoes problems and her hubby running problems as well.. so..as we're in this happy sgRunners forum..just have fun and passionate..and yes, hot air, and words..are just for the environment..once naturally released, poo poo, closure.. let's just move on..

uncle starts on the right track.. AHM race route.. thinks very same like sundown or 2xu compression 21km.. except the start is at Fullerton bridge..and as usual..the 2 Gardens (south and east)..MBS.. very sian..lah..last time got chinatown..and fort canning.. that one got fort canning slope.. uncle nearly "out-of-breadth"..

do agree with u ounnie that there are " real chio long distance runners as well as chio SAF personnel "

Thanks kohpapa for drumming enthusiam..so that invitation is extended to more ladies

BTW From when to when did they run on the Sheares bridge for AHM ?