Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yvonne7marathons7continent

The Paris Marathon 2013

Any Singaporeans running The Paris Marathon in 3.5 weeks time on 7 April 2013?

The Paris Marathon is definitely one of the better races in Europe alongside the London Marathon! The race route sees you starting at Champs-Élysées just in front of the Arc de Triomphe and run eastwards across the city towards Place de la Concorde, Rue de Rivoli, Bois de Vincennes before turning back westwards to run past the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, Bois de Boulogne and finish at Avenue Foch which is next to the Arc de Triomphe.

Do check out some of the photos of my race experience in 2012 here. The Paris Marathon is one of the 7 marathons I'm running as I endeavour to run 7 marathons on 7 continents while raising funds for the elderly who are supported by the Tsao Foundation. More information on my runs and the charity can be found on:

http://yvonne7marathons7continents.com/

hi Yvonne,

thanks for sharing your photos and impressions of the Paris Marathon. i'll be running it in 24 days' time! (and i know of another fellow-Singaporean who will be there too)

i've been to Paris several times, so i can just imagine how scenic and amazing the route will be -- it's fantastic that the city is willing to close off such key roads that are at the heart of Paris to support this event.

i'm really looking forward to it!

I've looked at a few runs in France previously and it seems that they all require participants to submit a medical cert stating that they are fit to take part. If I were a doctor I would be very hesitant to issue such a cert.

I've looked at a few runs in France previously and it seems that they all require participants to submit a medical cert stating that they are fit to take part. If I were a doctor I would be very hesitant to issue such a cert.

Yup, medical certificates are required for runs in France. What the medical certificates need to indicate is that after having examined the individual, the doctor does not see any reason/condition preventing the person to participate in a race. I don't think that's too tough for a doctor to determine no? But of course, if there are some deep under-lying conditions that the doctor isn't able to pick up and the person then gets a heart attack running, I'm not sure whether the doctor will be held liable...

agreed.. but side off topic for this one.. since uncle took part in triathlon in france.. must have documentation..F.F.TRI. “competition” licence.. (F.F.TRI is the Tri Sports body in France)

For holders of a valid licence issued by a foreign triathlon federation affiliated to the ITU:

• Your original and fully legible licence including the name of your federation
• Your proof of identity
• Parental consent for entrants under 18

and uncle got to submit this : http://www.triathlondeparis.fr/images/20ansdetriathlon/2012/pieces_justificatives/Medical%20certificate.pdf

interestingly.."To give at the time of race numbers delivery"..yes.. good and strict.. medical with participation..uniquely..french..and "In any event, if the required documents are not produced, or if the produced documents are not compliant, no race number will be delivered and no reimbursement will be made."..no race, so simple if no race number is issued..

yes, Paris.. of course, Marathon for all here.. Bonne chance!.good luck..meilleurs voeux..best wishes..