Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tick

Seoul International Marathon 2013

I was at Gwanghwamun yesterday morning for the start of the race.. feels kinda different when I'm there taking pictures instead of running a marathon (but this is a holiday trip afterall..)

Great atmosphere and the historic feel of the start-line adds to the uniqueness of the race.. It was so cold I was wrapped in my outercoat but runners were braced against the cold dressed only in running tees (maybe with a poncho..), should be an amazing feel to run in such a weather..

Hopefully, next time I'm back in Seoul it will be to run the marathon =)

Awesome run. My first overseas marathon, and the weather was instrumental in helping me run a good race. Now am ready for the family holiday..... =P

Anyone know how race certs will be sent to us, and if we can download official / unofficial photographs?

Try this website. www.photosports.co.kr

Had a good run this morning. The crowd support along the way was awesome with food and drinks .......

Overall it was a wonderful event.

Sub 5?

Had a good run this morning. The crowd support along the way was awesome with food and drinks .......

Overall it was a wonderful event.

Sub 5?

Yes. A superb sub 5 marathon .....

Awesome run. My first overseas marathon, and the weather was instrumental in helping me run a good race. Now am ready for the family holiday..... =P

Anyone know how race certs will be sent to us, and if we can download official / unofficial photographs?

Try this website. www.photosports.co.kr

Hi all...saw the photos uploaded... but all in Korean.

Any less painful way to search the photos by bib #? thanks for advise.

Nice and detailed report ....

Congrats bro on the race.

Neway, how did you get that finish line pics of yours ??

Thanks. Surfed the photosports.co.kr website, searched my bib number, and ripped it off the screen by choosing 'save picture as' after right clicking it. I think you can purchase it but I haven't been successful.

Another photo website here. Have search functions.

http://www.clubmarathon.co.kr/marathon_photo/list.asp?tidx=321

And for those who took a photo at the Pocari grand stand

http://promo.provenad.co.kr/dongaotsuka/

Thanks! Found some photos.

Hi everyone.. Just to check if they issue out final certificates, or if it's electronic copy to download? Thanks.

Hi everyone.. Just to check if they issue out final certificates, or if it's electronic copy to download? Thanks.

Go to results page (http://marathon.donga.com/record/2012s.php?y=2013), search your bib number (second dialogue box from the top) and there should be a link on the right side you can click on. Just downloaded my e-cert today. I believe it was only ready late April

Hi guys!

Just want to check is the cut off time is 5 hrs for this run?

What happen if u still running after 5 hrs?

Yes. The cut off time is 5hrs. You may continue to run provided you are not been pick up by the sweeper bus at the last check point.

Hi guys!

Just want to check is the cut off time is 5 hrs for this run?

What happen if u still running after 5 hrs?

Yes. The cut off time is 5hrs. You may continue to run provided you are not been pick up by the sweeper bus at the last check point.

To play safe, it's better to sneak in to the front row.

But from what I noticed, there are ppl who still run after the 5 hours cut-off timing.

are there many participants for this race and are there many who ran more than 5hrs??? if more than this time then no medals and no finisher tee??? or do not have tee in the first palce?

are there many participants for this race and are there many who ran more than 5hrs??? if more than this time then no medals and no finisher tee??? or do not have tee in the first palce?

They only give us event singlet. No finisher tee given.

Not sure if medals will be given to those finish after 5 hours but then again, you can try to sneak in to the front.

I completed it in 4hr 50mins and there are still many runners behind me.

hmnn.... okk.. sounds great.... would it be as crampy as SCMS?? i mean any chance where there are other categories who merges, etc.....

It is a only 42km category race.

Not cramp at all. The support from the public is way better than the official support from SCMS race.

And this year when the race started, the temperature was abt 4 to 5 deg C.