Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjory

SPIBelt vs Armband

Which is a better way to carry your smartphone?

Armband seems to be abit uncomfortable at times for long distance.

I've used Armband for half marathons and on the whole it didn't give me any discomfort. Not sure if it's just me but having something strapped on to my arm caused some constriction for blood flow..

So every once in awhile I'll let my entire arm fall listlessly by my side so that blood can flow properly again.

The other arm feels fine so I assume it's because of the Armband.

I've also used SPIBelt, but since it's alot easier for the belt to get wet from sweat... anything that you put inside had better be waterproofed.

I'll still go with the SPIBelt though, it's alot easier to access while moving as compare to wearing an Armband. Although Armband would probably be a better choice instead if you're listening to music since it's easier to tie the excess earphones cord with Armband.

Hi Runners:

Please advise is it better to use armband to keep iphone 5/ samsung Glaxay if run 10km and above ?

i use both but currently using the SPIBelt more

Arm band - (+) easily accessible, just touch & go. (-) exposed to heat and rain

SPI Belt - (+) comfortable, i have the water proof pack and got a wireless earphones but it drains battery faster & sometimes the music gets jumpy as the wireless earphone is quite far from the phone.

(-) when you press start, you'll lose a few seconds to get the device in your belt and there's a chance it will get scratched by the zipper (i usually start running slowly while putting my phone inside the belt)

I'm a fan of SPI belt.

It holds my handphone, driving license, ATM card, cash and keys.

Use it for 3K - 42.194K run. Mostly, you'll not notice its there.

Very happy with it.

i use both but currently using the SPIBelt more

Arm band - (+) easily accessible, just touch & go. (-) exposed to heat and rain

SPI Belt - (+) comfortable, i have the water proof pack and got a wireless earphones but it drains battery faster & sometimes the music gets jumpy as the wireless earphone is quite far from the phone.

(-) when you press start, you'll lose a few seconds to get the device in your belt and there's a chance it will get scratched by the zipper (i usually start running slowly while putting my phone inside the belt)

where did you find the waterproof spi belt? I've been trying to find it here in SG but can't seem to find it.

it's not really water proof, it just includes a resealable & durable plastic inside the spibelt. you can buy any resealable plastic bag and put your phone

spibelt-waterproof-black-web_2_1.jpg

SB_WPP2_L.jpg

i recently got a waist pouch (forgot what brand, let me check tonight) which fits the iphone5 just right...

but with the ear phone jack, it gets a bit squeezy...wish it was 1-2cm longer

Hi, would like to know, how should one wear the SPI belt, at the waist or below it (at the hip) and how tight should it be so that the 2 bottles will not jump throughout the race? Pls advice, thanks.

it's not really water proof, it just includes a resealable & durable plastic inside the spibelt. you can buy any resealable plastic bag and put your phone

SB_WPP2_L.jpg

Is it good? I've been using ziplock bag so far.

Bought a pack of 100 sheets from Daiso for $2

So far i've been using double layers for my handphone (yeah, I'm kinda kiasu... haha)

I've been looking for waterproof casing for my iPhone actually, but can't find any good ones.

Lifeproof has a new model for iPhone 5 but there seems to be alot of complains on their facebook page which held me back from buying it now

A waterproof handphone casing would solve all my problems..

SB_WPP2_L.jpg

So far i've been using double layers for my handphone (yeah, I'm kinda kiasu... haha)

I've been looking for waterproof casing for my iPhone actually, but can't find any good ones.

Lifeproof has a new model for iPhone 5 but there seems to be alot of complains on their facebook page which held me back from buying it now

i used it last week during the bullcharge run, it was raining hard and it served its purpose but the size is not so good IMHO. as you can see, it's big and you need to fold it before you can put it back inside the belt. i'd prefer if it's just the right width for the iPhone

SB_WPP2_L.jpg

i used it last week during the bullcharge run, it was raining hard and it served its purpose but the size is not so good IMHO. as you can see, it's big and you need to fold it before you can put it back inside the belt. i'd prefer if it's just the right width for the iPhone

i get what you mean. I have the same problem too. Feels like you'll spoil the waterproof bag...

i bought those plastic bags for putting fruits. 100pcs for less than $2 depending on sizes. just put 2 plastic bags for kiasu. so far no problems. running in heavy rain also no problem.

i recently got a waist pouch (forgot what brand, let me check tonight) which fits the iphone5 just right...

this is what i got...but i got it at almost $40 :money:

http://www.ifitnessi...ngle-pouch.html

Saw a few models of iFitness water resistant neoprene pouch at Sportslink. Looks like generally the reviews are good. Some even prefer them over SPI belt.

this is what i got...but i got it at almost $40 :money:

http://www.ifitnessi...ngle-pouch.html

Saw a few models of iFitness water resistant neoprene pouch at Sportslink. Looks like generally the reviews are good. Some even prefer them over SPI belt.

but it's water resistant, not waterproof right? just wondering how it would fare in heavy rain

say like this year's Sundown marathon's heavy downpour...

I think iFitness belts has more variety, some has bottles, some can store gels, some even can attach race bibs

SPIbelt are more minimalist, so far I've only put mobile phone in it and nothing else