Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dalstonl

Garmin Forerunner 10

Bras basah complex, one of the watch shop

But have a feeling sls n most other shops should already have or will have by next weekend

Assuming the price of Garmin FR15 is priced at $259 (compared to Garmin FR210's $249), it is still better than FR210 in some aspects (after reading DC Rainmaker's analysis and product features):

1) waterproofing up to 50 metres which is the same as FR10, making it good to bring even for a swim and no worry of the watch being damaged under water exposure.

2) Upgraded battery life to 8 hours compared to 5 hours in FR10. FR210 has the same expected 8 hours GPS battery life though.

3) FR15 can serve as an activity tracker to record the number of steps taken (think of a vivofit or fitbit).

4) Similar to FR210, heart rate and footpod can be used with FR15. However FR10 lacks this compatibility.

5) Number display is definitely easy to read as compared to FR210 and the other medium/high range Garmin GPS running watch (220/620).

You can consider an upgrade to the FR15 if it is available for sale now or pay a little more to get FR220 instead which both are also an upgrade from your current FR210.

If the build of the strap of FR15 is same as FR10, I would advise against wearing it to swim as the strap is glued together so in my enthusiasm, the adhesion was loosen while swimming and later on came apart at home :(

So I glued it back together... The fact that it cant record any useful data (other than lap time?) definitely outweighs the convenience of not taking it off... just personal experience to share...

Other than that, as a pure running watch, FR15 improvements over FR10 are definitely great!

Extra useful for those who wants running watch + daily fitness tracking combo.

Is FR15 using the new Mediatek chipset and not the SiRF one?