Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dalstonl

Garmin Forerunner 10

I have both the mens and ladies model. Great for no-frills runners like me who appreciate idiot-proof operation. 2 gripes though:

1) Battery life is miserable. At full-charge, mine couldn't last 5 hours, even after I switched off all key sounds.

2) I've experienced both watches hanging a few times already, during charging, in snow conditions, etc....

Maybe I'm just unlucky to have the lemons, especially my wife's pink model.

Qoo now selling this fr10 at £159 for limited sets, inclusive of delivery. Normal price £199 on qoo

I just got one, backup for my current fr210 - almost 1 yr old.

It is actually $159.If it is in pounds,i won't be buying it either ^__^ll Dun know why my local buy from Singtel Samsung Note - can"t find the

$ sign ...

Qoo10 is having another promotion on the Forerunner 10 at S$159 with delivery.

Grab it here if interested.

That was what i did =) Good delivery and packaging from Navicom. I also bought from Q00 around 2 weeks ago - only now charging....Already like it for the charging wire - so easy to attach unlike previous Garmin models which is trial-and-error

Haha, I thought I got a rare deal from qoo10 and found out about the challenger promotion today. Actually the qoo10 seller is also navicom.

I would think it's more convenient to get it from challenger if you have membership.

I have only tested it with a walk. Easy to get gps location outdoor, simple setting, easy to use.

After software update on the garmin website, the watch can also measure average pace, a function that it lacked previously.

DCrainmaker has a comprehensive review for Garmin FR10.

I have tested the FR10 for 2 runs (one 4km at http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/276745891

and 18km at http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/277356655). I really love that the FR10 can pick the running pace instantly and accuracy is good here :thumbsup:

Uploading of running data to Garmin Connect and Mapmyrun which i use is also very very easy and i love the detailed analysis of each workout done! :)

I have both the mens and ladies model. Great for no-frills runners like me who appreciate idiot-proof operation. 2 gripes though:

1) Battery life is miserable. At full-charge, mine couldn't last 5 hours, even after I switched off all key sounds.

2) I've experienced both watches hanging a few times already, during charging, in snow conditions, etc....

If your watches are under 1 year warranty,i suggest you do a one to one exchange since it is strange to hear the watches hang. =(

I do agree with you the FR10 requires a very short set up time and easy to use.

I read the dc rainmaker review before I made the purchase too! Good review. Amazon reviews were also useful.

I've not tried the watch with gps switched on for a run exceeding 5 hours. In fact the longest runs I've done were 21 km, I doubt I'll get to try using it for a 5 hour run any time soon. But I did consider what if, what if one fine day I decide to do a FM, will the watch survive the whole race since I definitely will take more than 5 hours. I was hoping that the 5 battery life refers to usage in colder climate, maybe it will last longer in Singapore. Perhaps I sd try wearing it one day for> 5 hours to do the test, but must remain outdoors leh...

If your watches are under 1 year warranty,i suggest you do a one to one exchange since it is strange to hear the watches hang. =(

I do agree with you the FR10 requires a very short set up time and easy to use.

They are as I bought them direct from Navicom during IT Show. From my experience with other electronic lemons, once they develop problems, no amount of repair or reboot will do. Hope they really do 1-for-1 exchange.

I am not a person very good with gadgets...I am still holding a iPhone 3Gs 8 gb...so I think I am a "mountain tortise" with these kind of things.

So for me to say that it's easy to use...it must mean something right? :P

Anyway, yes, the thing I have to agree is that the battery life is short at 4.5hrs (it died when I did my first FM at the 33km mark) and didn't last the 5 hours. However, my only complain is only the battery life. Other than that, I do love the watch alot. It's light, fit my wrist and the colour is pretty outstanding for the female version.

Thanks for the upgrade link. Will look into it. :)

I am not a person very good with gadgets...I am still holding a iPhone 3Gs 8 gb...so I think I am a "mountain tortise" with these kind of things.

So for me to say that it's easy to use...it must mean something right? :P

Anyway, yes, the thing I have to agree is that the battery life is short at 4.5hrs (it died when I did my first FM at the 33km mark) and didn't last the 5 hours. However, my only complain is only the battery life. Other than that, I do love the watch alot. It's light, fit my wrist and the colour is pretty outstanding for the female version.

Thanks for the upgrade link. Will look into it. :)

Easy to use as in it takes less than 15 minutes to configure and set up this watch for use (it comes half charged when first use)

If you have seen DCrainmaker review,you get the idea how easy and good the instant pace detector is for FR 10.

I do hope Garmin will release an improved FR10 with better battery life and they will do a good job in selling such easy to use GPS running watches for training runs =)

May be charged 100%, then off the watch till reach race site n turn it on only 15 mins before start to detect gps. Off the training pace setting, try not use use light thru'out to see whether it can last 5 hrs. i will be testing out in this sundown, backup with possibly another garmin based on footpod or phone runkeeper tracking.

Update - Charged the watch fully and turn on only 15mins Sundown FM race time. It lasted ~4hrs. I switched off at the 36km before battery flat (almost cannot see any bar of power). I did not off the training pace setting though. Look likes it is only suitable for those that can attain Sub-4.

Update - Charged the watch fully and turn on only 15mins Sundown FM race time. It lasted ~4hrs. I switched off at the 36km before battery flat (almost cannot see any bar of power). I did not off the training pace setting though. Look likes it is only suitable for those that can attain Sub-4.

Thanks for the update!

My FR10 lasted me well enough for the Sundown for a duration of 4 hrs 17 mins. Still left one bar after I finish the run.

Good GPS watch for simple distance and pace.

I like it alot.

Ughhhhhh... my strap came off for no reason yesterday.. wth.... now I have to see how to fix it back.... so many things to track... so bad timing on this.

Ughhhhhh... my strap came off for no reason yesterday.. wth.... now I have to see how to fix it back.... so many things to track... so bad timing on this.

If yours is the black colour one,the garmin shop at orchard central or head office in ubi avenue sells the replacement strap.

More info at https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/shop-by-accesories/lanyards-straps-holsters-and-clips/forerunner-10-bands/prod117569.html and a photo of Garmin 10 (black colour) replacement if you are interested.

1240182_10152192642844867_1245771380_n.j

it just came off... like it doesnt look like the strap is broken or anything.. i m so confused... gonna try my luck at sim lim first then go elsewhere if not available :(

Oh well.. Looks like good excuse to switch to Fenix 2!!! The shop in Sim Lim told me coming in April... I am so excited!

it just came off... like it doesnt look like the strap is broken or anything.. i m so confused... gonna try my luck at sim lim first then go elsewhere if not available :(

Oh well.. Looks like good excuse to switch to Fenix 2!!! The shop in Sim Lim told me coming in April... I am so excited!

If the strap really cannot be fixed, upgrading to the Fenix 2 is really a good idea! :D

I still use my Garmin Forerunner 10 for short speed training sometimes.

Wait for the improved fr15, launching soon...claimed 8 hrs battery life

Going to get more into tri so looking to upgrade :D

Pure running watch will not be as useful... Maybe I ll sell my FR10 for cheap since Fenix2 is a better day watch as well.

My Garmin 305 die off. Looking for a basic running gps watch? If FR15 selling in Singapore market?

You can ask one of the Garmin distributors.

They did have a vague timing for the Fenix 2 when I asked so they might know when FR15 is coming (if it is)

I tried calling the distributors to enquire if forerunner 15 is available, ubi... never pick up phone, orchard only distributes marine garmin products.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 620 for sale.

New.

warranty all available. full set.

Letting it go as I have invested in a polar one.

sms 97998519 for pics and price

I tried calling the distributors to enquire if forerunner 15 is available, ubi... never pick up phone, orchard only distributes marine garmin products.

Saw Facebook post by Garmin Sg somewhere that fr15 will only be available locally in July...

But Can expect parallel import perhaps this month since already available in Amazon..

Saw Facebook post by Garmin Sg somewhere that fr15 will only be available locally in July...

But Can expect parallel import perhaps this month since already available in Amazon..

Great news but gonna wait... Amazon cost usd170... Plus shipping will be around sgd 220... Another 150 plus u can get forerunner 220... Hmmm....