Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kcslchin

2012 Fubon Taipei Marathon

29 posts in this topic

For those interested, it's on 16 December 2012 this year. See link to site below (It's in Chinese).

http://www.sportsnet...ace_no=20121216

Hi there, do they have an english website?

And do they give out finisher medals for 21k participants with/without time limits?

Last time, I went with a friend who is very good in Chinese. Mine is very bad. My friend did the registrations and hotel and I did the flight bookings. I recall the 21k had time limits. Someone else can probably give u a much better answer. Sorry.

yes, 21km is giving out medal

Finishing half or full marathon time within the cut off time are entitled with a sport towel and a finisher medal , result will be posted within 3 days

stated (6) on the prize page

my friend went, say nice weather, only slopes are the highways.

One day tigger grow up and earn more $, will try it out.

No need wait for little Tigger to grow up.

Short trip to Taipei before Christmas is fantastic. Nice weather (11-15 deg C) and you can carbo load b4 run and also replenish after run. :yahoo:

Hi all, I did it last year for full marathon, the weather is nice n the ppl there r all nice also. 1st time I din stop for 30km haha......

Thanks for your good reviews, will try to make it there. :)

For 11-15 deg, think have to wear long pant and some thermal wear.

I wore FBT type shorts, singlet, t-shirt & gloves for my Taipei run which started out at 12 deg C. After starting, it was ok. B4 start, it was bbrrrr......quite cold ^_^

Hi experienced runners/ runners who are going for this run.

Can anyone of you share with me some experience on this run and the lodging wise (e.g. which hotel would be great to stay in, near the race venue) ?

Thanks

Did the HM, nice weather, kinda boring route although it passed the presidential building and 101 - which is near start point. I didn't collect the goodie bag but I saw its a box of cake, if I'm not wrong. But I got the free towel - bath sized and nice event prints. Gonna use it! Ah yes, before the start of the race, although I couldn't see the stage, some Taiwanese female artist did a great cover of Katy Perry's "fireworks". Awesome voice!

Weather was good at start 20C, but by 11am became warm and humid... Race logistics was good, plenty drinks, biscuits, cut bananas...but would be good if handed out gels. Not much sceneries to see along route. But overall still a good race to consider.

Hi guys!

Thinking of joining this race.

i need some lobangs for the guesthouse or "民舍" or cheap hotel near the race site.

Also is there a MRT or bus from the airport to the taipei city?

Thanks

Also is there a MRT or bus from the airport to the taipei city?

From Taipei airport, you can take shuttle bus to Taoyuan HSR, then take HSR to Taipei Main Station. NT30 for shuttle, and NT160 for HSR ticket. Total travel time around 45-60mins.