Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fireviewer

Salomon Trail Run 2012 - 25 Nov 2012

54 posts in this topic

salomon trail run.. once popular with challenging trail running when it was held at MacRitchie..now at Tampines MB Park & Trail..has lost its "trail and challenging" element..more of neighbourhood "urban" run..1 lap MB Park + 1.5 lap Trail beside MB Park..should appeal more to trail run newbies (never touch mud)..yap.. the MT Park hilltop can make you pant pant..now more like PAssion NE (Tampines GRC) Trail Run.. in fact..Salomon Tiong Bahru Urban Trail Run 2012 has more places..combo of road run..hill run..KTM track(less) but yet refreshing natural terrain..and neighbourhood..OHBridges..

Not for me again. I don't know how I survived last year at my age! Far more tougher than I antiipated.

bro swtmt.. glad to see u still in active run .. u got try Salomon Tiong Bahru Urban Trail Run?

just to add info on Tampines MTB Park.. this is a private BMX club which only allowed for members who want to MTB.. and for those who want to run..only on designated non-BMX area.. of course, expect non-BMX member bikers to use the tracks..come with many trail names..and how organiser come out with route..easy..combine this trail#1 and trail#3,5,9=5km..then run beyond the Tampines MTB Park trail..maybe another 5km..but why is it the event is held at Tampines MTB Park.. because there is a gate..that can "exit" or "enter"..hence organiser can simply vary the route..and uncle finds that..less "challenging"..and if repeated laps..

last year, uncle attended 2011 NE Run (in conjunction with Tampines Family Day & Carnival).. and supposed to be for 10km run..got to know organiser well and asked how they determine race route..they simply "use google map"..and plot distance..and coordinate with NParks..and on race day..kena cut short to 8km..due to NParks' final decision on the certain trail tracks outside Tampines MTB Park is out-of-bounds for certain safety issues..

go and google map..Tampines Mountain Bike Park..to get a better idea of the expected route..

This particular weekend seems to be Very Popular for events.

Got

Brook Run Happy

Pioneer Road Run

Swissotel Vertical Marathon

and now

salomon trail run.

Wondering how many races can a person take part in for a weekend.

I know of people who are doing 2

Anyone doing 3 or all 4 ?

I was hoping they'll bring it back to MR... guess it's gonna be at Tamp again this year.

Me too. Will not be running this year. Hate the route. Too narrow to overtake. Boring. Would prefer Macritchie. Or something similar to TNF.

I was hoping they'll bring it back to MR... guess it's gonna be at Tamp again this year.

Me too. Will not be running this year. Hate the route. Too narrow to overtake. Boring. Would prefer Macritchie. Or something similar to TNF.

Same here. Did the first instalment. Hated it as you would get all down and dirty. Heard second year worse. Did it when it was held in MR and though there were many bottlenecks, would return if held there again. Now that it's back in Tampines, no thanks.

so this route is more road than trail?

It trail all the way and it is more difficult route than MR.

venue to be confirmed? is it at tampines or other place?

Race Details

Race Details

Date: 25th November 2012

Race Start Time: 7.30am

Venue: To be confirmed

Distance: Competitive 10km

good question.. TBC.. for venue.. must be having read this forum.. salomon trail run 2012..if held at Tampines Mountain Bike Park & Trail..again..cannot meet quota of 2,500 (last year was 2,459)..go back to macRitchie trials..then go all the way to lower pierce or dairy farm or central catchment area..get muddy in real rainforest..see monkeys..wild boars..hopefully recover panda missing from mandai..

Though already registered for Brooks Run on 24 Nov, if organisers really change of heart and hold it at MR, will consider signing up for this too.

Other than the venue (Tampines) that deter me from taking part this year, the purple singlet is awful compare to last year's red tee.

Looks interesting, think I'll sign up. IMHO, Macritchie trails are quite boring, I would prefer some water and more obstacles.

From the website: (About the race / more):

"Once again, participants can expect the exciting trails of the Tampines Mountain Bike Park & Trail. The 10km route is made up of sand, gravel, grass, soil and a tad of stream. Be prepared for the challenging terrains and being clean is never an option."

Looks interesting, think I'll sign up. IMHO, Macritchie trails are quite boring, I would prefer some water and more obstacles.

From the website: (About the race / more):

"Once again, participants can expect the exciting trails of the Tampines Mountain Bike Park & Trail. The 10km route is made up of sand, gravel, grass, soil and a tad of stream. Be prepared for the challenging terrains and being clean is never an option."

LIKE...if scare dirt and mud then better do urban trail in Garden by the Bay.

for those trail running.. first time and wonder what to expect.. http://dualcircles.f...06/img_4511.jpg .. just one of the BMX trials that will be expected to be there.. need private permission from the BMX club..

and reminds uncle of a route perfectly 10km for seasoned trail runners.. Bukit Brown Cemetery.. be prepared for the challenging terrains.. and brave heart.. http://remembersinga...brown-cemetery/

maybe Salomon Trail Run 2013..can be at Bukit Brown Cemetery.. uncle can be run marshal.. in case some got lost, step on tad of stream or gluey stuff.. "poop" disappear forever.. and being alive is never an option..3,000 targetted to sign up..and to be sacrificed..cool.. race shall start at 2359 hours..

yap bro kenmical.. glad to meet you..

at least, the just complete TNF-100..the 15km..was a complete route of macRitchie and more plus rifle range link.. please follow the yellow and green route #1 & #2 for the 15km.. http://thenorthface1..._2012_Parts.jpg

of course, looking at the more challenging ones of TNF-100 of 25km..50km..x2 for 100km.. salomon trail run.. if not at either macRitchie..or Bukit Timah natural reserve.. don't know what to say..

yap bro kenmical.. glad to meet you..

at least, the just complete TNF-100..the 15km..was a complete route of macRitchie and more plus rifle range link.. please follow the yellow and green route #1 & #2 for the 15km.. http://thenorthface1..._2012_Parts.jpg

of course, looking at the more challenging ones of TNF-100 of 25km..50km..x2 for 100km.. salomon trail run.. if not at either macRitchie..or Bukit Timah natural reserve.. don't know what to say..

LIKE...yup TNF made an effort to make the route less boring. Cannot blame the looping for Ultra due to lack of land space and cannot go off trail for such official event.

salomon..always known for latest trend of trail running shoes..must live up to like TNF-100 type of terrain for challenge..even at the newbies status..cannot just..forest run in an urban neighbourhood run.. and must offer any of macRitchie trail routes .. http://www.myonlinet...ritchie/map.gif

like that.. live up to salomon's reason why must buy their different categories of trail running shoes, with different terrain.. example.. http://www.salomonru...inisites/slab4/

otherwise..everyone will think..this is like "cross-country" school event..just wear sneakers also can do..and be prepared to be muddy..so what?