Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexseah

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2013

This is my first HK SCM and I had a great experience! Our local SCM has a lot to learn.

The route is quite challenging but that makes it fun. I’m so impressed by the super long water points and medics. No running out of water or having to queue for it.

I absolutely love the minty energy drink (I had 3 packets during the whole race). Initially I also thought it was the taste of the heat rub but couldn’t be as I have not applied anything at that time.The taste is refreshing and not so sweet unlike our local 100plus during SCSM which taste so bad that i feel like puking after a few cups. I’m someone who can’t take energy gel also. I’m still trying to find something that I can take without puking during the race. I think this energy drink works for me, but too bad it’s not available locally. One more point for the chocolates bars :thumbsu:

The home run leading to Victoria park was so memorable on the specially set up green and blue runway with the crowds cheering.

The only minus thing is the distribution of goodie bags after the finishing line. So messy and everyone were struggling to grab the bags..

As for the heat rub given by the medics, my friend says it works. I like the texture of it, not sticky at all.

How does you guys deal with the camber of the road?

The camber of the road is worst than Sheares Bridge towards East. I nvr realised it till i gradually run towards outer lane.

I really enjoyed the route and weather during the run!

Finished my 3rd Hongkong Standard Chartered Marathon, but it is considered 1st for me because 1st time was caught by the UFO (sweeper bus) at 33.3km mark and 2nd was few minutes after cutoff time at the finishing line.

Anyone keen on Tokyo marathon next year? I have friends been going for years and seems fun too!

I really enjoyed the route and weather during the run!

Finished my 3rd Hongkong Standard Chartered Marathon, but it is considered 1st for me because 1st time was caught by the UFO (sweeper bus) at 33.3km mark and 2nd was few minutes after cutoff time at the finishing line.

Anyone keen on Tokyo marathon next year? I have friends been going for years and seems fun too!

Runningmale: whens this tokyo marathon? I love tokyo n wld love to take part.