Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexseah

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2013

Wah..near the end point? Mine's at Tsim Sha Tsui area :turned:

The end point is at causeway bay; a bit on the high side for hotels over there.

near to the finishing line is the MTR Station; so just remember to bring along the octupos card and change of clothes. With them, you can reach TST is no time.

For past two years, had been staying at TST with no issue to return to hotel after that :)

U mean we can deposit our bags at the start point and they will bring to the end point? :turned:

Yes correct. And in my opinion, their baggage system is way better than our own SCMS.

1) medic

2) medic's friend

3) runningmale

4) cacs

5) Ultimate Warrior

6) alexseah

7) top chan

8) Runrunlee

9) rosemarychan

By the way, anyone of you going on Saturday? Is the race pack collection on Friday or Saturday?

Mine's on Friday....

Do we really have to follow as per the timeslot given?

My flight is on Sat morning and they gave me a Friday lunchtime collection :startle:

I got a reply from the Marathon Secretariat

We can collect race pack on Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm ,

I am also arriving on Saturday

Thanks for the information!

I will be arriving HK by noon on Saturday.

Wah..near the end point? Mine's at Tsim Sha Tsui area :turned:

The end point is at causeway bay; a bit on the high side for hotels over there.

near to the finishing line is the MTR Station; so just remember to bring along the octupos card and change of clothes. With them, you can reach TST is no time.

For past two years, had been staying at TST with no issue to return to hotel after that :)

U mean we can deposit our bags at the start point and they will bring to the end point? :turned:

Yes correct. And in my opinion, their baggage system is way better than our own SCMS.

Agreed!

I like the way they store and transport our baggage.

I made mistake not to bring a jacket after the run few years ago, it should be colder this year.

I just got some bad news today, won't be able to do SCHKM due to work stuff. :( I already crossed my name out from the list.

To all of you who are still going - all the best, all the way to the finish line! :clapping:

1) medic

2) medic's friend

3) runningmale

4) cacs

5) Ultimate Warrior

6) alexseah

7) top chan

8) Runrunlee

Hi, need a slot for the Full Marathon. If you already have a slot, and cant go, please PM me. I will buy over your slot. Thanks.

You can always register on the Friday or Saturday before the race if you show them your passport and pay in cash. Best to do it early coz the limited slots for overseas runners fills up pretty quickly.

Hi, need a slot for the Full Marathon. If you already have a slot, and cant go, please PM me. I will buy over your slot. Thanks.

You can always register on the Friday or Saturday before the race if you show them your passport and pay in cash. Best to do it early coz the limited slots for overseas runners fills up pretty quickly.

Thanks Cassie.

Yes, I am aware. However, unlike previous year where it was posted on their website about Walk-In registration, it was not mentioned on their website this

year.

The HK marathon can be registered via post (yes, the snail mail). I believe they reserved certain number of slots for the postal registration. You can still try your luck to register.

If not successful with postal entry, still got hope:

Late entry of overseas participants will only be accepted IN

PERSON on 22 to 23 February 2013 at the Marathon Secretariat

counter in Victoria Park with proof of overseas passport.

Entry is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Note: late entry fee is hKD440 in cash.

@garyleo - see this earlier post on on-site registration for overseas runners

The HK marathon can be registered via post (yes, the snail mail). I believe they reserved certain number of slots for the postal registration. You can still try your luck to register.

If not successful with postal entry, still got hope:

Late entry of overseas participants will only be accepted IN

PERSON on 22 to 23 February 2013 at the Marathon Secretariat

counter in Victoria Park with proof of overseas passport.

Entry is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Note: late entry fee is hKD440 in cash.

@garyleo - see this earlier post on on-site registration for overseas runners

Actually the last 2 or 3 years, registration was 'so good', they don't indicate the late registration for overseas runners anymore. It is risky to fly there and hope for it.

It is really an awesome race. Waterpoint is as long as 300 - 400m. There are lots of paramedics along the route. Volunteers are very enthu. Lastly, there are a lot of ppl standing along Causeway. The downside is there are lots of long ups & long downs.

Managed to PB below 4:30... :) I must say the race is more organized than SCMS...a pity not Gold rated...maybe because too many tunnels.. :P

is it just me or its tht the watsons isotonic drink taste weird?

Minty taste ar??

yes!!!! lol!! initially i thought it was the taste from my tiger balm as i was rubbing my thighs with it before the run. however it still taste weird though.. but when u r thirsty, anything goes... but i m very impressed with the water points. it was never crowded...

anyway, do u have any idea what was the name of the rub they gave? it was very very very very effective! i had a major butt cramp but after rubbing my butt with it, it felt like as though the cramp was never there...

How does you guys deal with the camber of the road?

I ran on the outer lane....you?

I did not run but my wife did.

She was complaining abt the steep camber.

I did ask her whether running on different part of the road will help.

She answered that the whole stupid road after around the tunnel is camber.

So way to escape :)