Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexseah

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2013

i've managed to book for the full marathon and the response is really crazy.. full sold out by first day!! good luck all!

i'm looking at cosmo hotel with my friends which is near the ending point at causeway bay. looking at flights now!! who is going as well? :D

Check out Metropark causeway bay.

Just beside the end point and tin Haur mtr.

I'm staying there.

i've managed to book for the full marathon and the response is really crazy.. full sold out by first day!! good luck all!

i'm looking at cosmo hotel with my friends which is near the ending point at causeway bay. looking at flights now!! who is going as well? :D

I'm staying there.

metropark is kinda pricey tho right? i checked it out on agoda and the lowest rate is 217 a night. ouch :phew:

I'm staying there.

metropark is kinda pricey tho right? i checked it out on agoda and the lowest rate is 217 a night. ouch :phew:

I like metropark for its closeness to MTR and finish point.

U can see the runners finishing their run.

Also in room internet, good view.

U may want to use zuji to book.

22-25 Feb. Avg nightly 190.

23-25 Feb. 203.90.

I've not try Cosmo,

Cosmo is very cheap, but very far from MTR and the end point.

Hi,

Will be staying in Wanchai during the period.

Race going to start at 7:10 AM

Intend to catch a cab to the race site in the early morning (thought of taking the ferry but ferry service from Wanchai to Tsim Tsai Wan only starts at 6:30 AM), anyone had similar experience?

Will it be difficult to catch a cab on a early Sunday morning in Wanchai? If so, what the estiminated cost? HKG$ 75???

Hi,

Intend to catch a cab to the race site in the early morning (thought of taking the ferry but ferry service from Wanchai to Tsim Tsai Wan only starts at 6:30 AM), anyone had similar experience?

Will it be difficult to catch a cab on a early Sunday morning in Wanchai? If so, what the estiminated cost? HKG$ 75???

roads leading to the race site shld b closed by tht time cos start time for competitive 10km is at 5.30am. and roads will be closed hours before the 5.30am flag off... if i aint wrong, they have MTR arrangement to go 24hrs. need to double confirm...

Hi,

roads leading to the race site shld b closed by tht time cos start time for competitive 10km is at 5.30am. and roads will be closed hours before the 5.30am flag off... if i aint wrong, they have MTR arrangement to go 24hrs. need to double confirm...

MTR starts early, something like 3 or 4 am, and it's easier to go by MTR vs ferry/cab.

List of who-who going for SCMHK 2013:

1) medic

2) medic's friend

add on to the list!! maybe we can meet for makan before or after the race.. :)

3) runningmale

Anyone got lobang on air tickets?

i am looking to flying on sat and back by wed.

how about you guys?

Im flying via jetstar on thurs, back on tues. Air tix is $306.

Cathay is having a promo for $383 for the same day. Hope that helps. (:

planning to go on thursday and back on monday...

looking to stay at regal hotel near causeway bay....b

Based on the last 2 years, mtr are in operated rather early and its seem to me that schkm is like a national event for the hongkonger compared to here. :thumbsu:

1) medic

2) medic's friend

3) runningmale

how about you guys?

same days and price here....morning go, evening back....jetstar was offering same day but late afternoon flight back with cheaper price of ~270 when sales period after i booked!!:(

Hi,

Take the MTR. Wanchai to Central and then Central to TST (starting point). Trains run from 3 or 4am, and should only take you 20 minutes (very easy to navigate).

Taxi is expensive, and will take very long (as the cross harbour tunnel will be closed for the race and you would need to take another tunnel). Presume you meant the Wanchai to Tsim Tsai Tsui ferry? Don't believe it operates that early on a Sunday morning.

1) medic

2) medic's friend

3) runningmale

how about you guys?

same days and price here....morning go, evening back....jetstar was offering same day but late afternoon flight back with cheaper price of ~270 when sales period after i booked!!:

I made my payment this morning at 11 and my friend called to inform about the sale. She paid $273 instead for the exact same flight. ):

Hi,

Take the MTR. Wanchai to Central and then Central to TST (starting point). Trains run from 3 or 4am, and should only take you 20 minutes (very easy to navigate).

Taxi is expensive, and will take very long (as the cross harbour tunnel will be closed for the race and you would need to take another tunnel). Presume you meant the Wanchai to Tsim Tsai Tsui ferry? Don't believe it operates that early on a Sunday morning.

Cool. Thanks for the info. :thumbsu:

Will take the MTR.

1) medic

2) medic's friend

3) runningmale

how about you guys?

Thank you for the information.

I am checking Cathay now and it is S$352.

Perhaps i will just book that.

As for the hotel, i will consider somewhere near the end point.

1) medic

2) medic's friend

Got mine 3 weeks ago with Jetstar fly into Hongkong on Friday and out on Monday for $170 net without checkin

3) runningmale

how about you guys?

Thank you for the information.

I am checking Cathay now and it is S$352.

Perhaps i will just book that.

As for the hotel, i will consider somewhere near the end point.

Although no confirmation yet for my postal application for full Marathon :(

Got my tickets done thru Jetstar 3 weeks ago for $170 net return without checkin luggage. 22 to 25 Feb :)