Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexseah

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2013

can't wait to join this!! :) how cold will it be usually? i', thinking of singlet and tights!

The temperature during HkSCM 2012 in Feb this year was around 13-14 degrees C, not too cold.

Singlets and tights should be sufficient, although may feel a little bit cold at or before the Start. Have warm clothings in baggage deposit for use after the run.

Have a good fun, enjoy the nice view and scenery along the way.

This will be my first overseas run. Any advise on acclimating to the local weather? Am thinking of landing in HK just one day before.

Not sure whether u can still collect race pack on Sat. Last year, HKAAA arrange my collection date on Fri.

The HK marathon can be registered via post (yes, the snail mail). I believe they reserved certain number of slots for the postal registration. You can still try your luck to register.

This will be my first overseas run. Any advise on acclimating to the local weather? Am thinking of landing in HK just one day before.

Not sure whether u can still collect race pack on Sat. Last year, HKAAA arrange my collection date on Fri.

I believe so. The collection is availbel of both Fri/Sat. They sent me the letter to collect on Friday. But since I only arrive on Friday night, I just ignore it and go and collect on Sat.

ALL Full Marathon and Half Marathon entries = SOLD OUT yesterday late afternoon.....left only wheelchair and the 10km entries, which open end of this month.

Hong Kong Marathon is damn HOT.....

Any reason why HKSCM only gets the 'Silver' label but SCMS gets the 'gold'. Not sure the criteria but always thought HK was the better race over the past five years.