Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alexseah

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2013

155 posts in this topic

i should be doing the half... but start time of 8.45am for 2hrs-2hrs 30mins is kinda late... even though its cold during the period... hmmmm..... tough decision.

i should be doing the half... but start time of 8.45am for 2hrs-2hrs 30mins is kinda late... even though its cold during the period... hmmmm..... tough decision.

My friend joined this year 21km..they started at 930... No sun, cooling weather...

24 Feb 2013 will be the 15th day of the lunar new year.

So I expect HK to be full of fireworks and firecrackers on that day.

can anyone share where are the nearest guesthouses? or budget hotels? near to the HM & FM start point?

can anyone share where are the nearest guesthouses? or budget hotels? near to the HM & FM start point?

You might want to consider stay near Finish Point instead. Going to start is easy. MTR start operating early for HK Marathon. Stay near finish line when u finish can go hotel wash up. Use hotel websites (hotel.com, Agoda, etc) to find hotel within your budget.

You might want to consider stay near Finish Point instead. Going to start is easy. MTR start operating early for HK Marathon. Stay near finish line when u finish can go hotel wash up. Use hotel websites (hotel.com, Agoda, etc) to find hotel within your budget.

Any hotel in Causeway Bay is nvr cheap. By the way, what is the minimum days to acclimatise to local weather?

i heard from my hk friend that the slots gets snap out very fast.

im only looking at half marathon.

how true is that?

It is a good place to run, even though there are lots of ups and downs. It was my 1st overaeas FM and the cool weather was fantastic, logistics perfect. Moreover, at $50 it is cheap and a wonderful opportunity for a short holiday in HK and Macau.

It is a good place to run, even though there are lots of ups and downs. It was my 1st overaeas FM and the cool weather was fantastic, logistics perfect. Moreover, at $50 it is cheap and a wonderful opportunity for a short holiday in HK and Macau.

Max...which hotel or hostel u stayed at?

My wife and I stayed at the Mecure Novotel at Nathan. It is near the start point. It is a budget hotel as my wife is particular. There are budget hotels of lesser names nearby.

They provide train service for this event. The train service start early so that people can take public transport to start point. No addition charge, normal rate.

its full within days

True, fills up very quickly. However, the organisers are kinder towards overseas participants and often accept late them as late entries.

its full within days

True, fills up very quickly. However, the organisers are kinder towards overseas participants and often accept late them as late entries.

Few yrs ago, yes. Last year didn't have late entries for overseas runners.

RUN FOR A REASON ON 24 FEBRUARY

STANDARD CHARTERED HONG KONG MARATHON 2013

Registration process to be phased

Starting 24 October - Marathon, Half Marathon and Wheelchair Races

Starting 31 October - 10km race

Enrolment quota raised to 72,000 participants

Upgraded to a Silver Label Road Race by IAAF

Hong Kong hosts 14th Asian Marathon Championships

u mean Novotel Nathan?

Ya. Novotel Mercure Hong Kong. Rooms are OK. No bathtub. Would love to soak in hot water after the run.

Be warn - No free Wifi. Nearest train station is Jordan. Walk is about 10m to start point.

My friend (his wife ran the FM) stayed at The Kimberley Hotel. Cheaper, good rating, free Wifi, nearer to start point.

For those who are going for the 1st time, this is my personal experience:

- I ran in half tights and sleeveless top. Good enough for me.

- I did not put a jacket in my drop-off bag. When I reached the hotel after the run, I nearly felt sick due to loss of body heat. After a hot shower, I put on my north face jacket for 30 min to warm up. If I were to do it again, put a tracksuit into the drop-off bag so you can put on and keep warm after the run.

u mean Novotel Nathan?

Ya. Novotel Mercure Hong Kong. Rooms are OK. No bathtub. Would love to soak in hot water after the run.

Be warn - No free Wifi. Nearest train station is Jordan. Walk is about 10m to start point.

My friend (his wife ran the FM) stayed at The Kimberley Hotel. Cheaper, good rating, free Wifi, nearer to start point.

For those who are going for the 1st time, this is my personal experience:

- I ran in half tights and sleeveless top. Good enough for me.

- I did not put a jacket in my drop-off bag. When I reached the hotel after the run, I nearly felt sick due to loss of body heat. After a hot shower, I put on my north face jacket for 30 min to warm up. If I were to do it again, put a tracksuit into the drop-off bag so you can put on and keep warm after the run.

The last time I took part in this event the starting was right in front of Miramar Hotel where I stayed. The bad news was that the baggage deposit was about one kilometre away.