Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unidentified

Taroko Marathon 2012

Registration (both FM 2600 & HM 7500 places) was full within four hours! Crazy!!

Yea , i did not expect that especially seeing previous year event saying registration closed by 2 days

i do not trust that and i camp on the website since 8:40am , it actually close less than half a day

is there some sort of baggage deposit there and it the run a loop (same start and end point) ?

im clueless , no infomation on the run at all , pls help

Checked with my friend , there transaction from his card , meaning im registered ! Yea !!!! =))

U may want to go to the website to double confirm. It allows u to key in your member ID to check your registration status.

is there some sort of baggage deposit there and it the run a loop (same start and end point) ?

I can't remember if there is baggage deposit but believe so. It is a loop back as you would be running to higher elevation and then U turn back. Start point and end point are close to each other. When u reach there by bus, you are closer to the starting point but the rest of the support are at the higher level up a small slope if I recall correctly.

Btw, at the transit from train to the feeder bus service, it is not that orderly from my last year experience. There will be the row of buses and the Q is not really orderly. Moreover, it is still dark in the morning. But not chaotic....

The drink stations are quite slow as well. They are not pouring the water from the bottle to the cup but rather the water are from "running taps" of the packaged drinks and is quite slow (likewise for the end point). I don't remember there were any isotonic drinks.

Hope these info help.

Checked with my friend , there transaction from his card , meaning im registered ! Yea !!!! =))

U may want to go to the website to double confirm. It allows u to key in your member ID to check your registration status.

yup ! check against the website ,im in !

shall we make a list of all going for this run ?

post-6413-0-96111300-1346911992_thumb.jp

wow , so this is a direct up climbing run ? seem like not easy run , im doing 21k by the way

yup ! check against the website ,im in !

shall we make a list of all going for this run ?

post-6413-0-96111300-1346911992_thumb.jp

wow , so this is a direct up climbing run ? seem like not easy run , im doing 21k by the way

It is not totally going up and coming down for the entire route. There will be some ups & downs along the way but the up slopes are generally along the first half to hit the higher altitude. Personally, the slopes are not very steep in general but quite gradual but may stretch some distance. From my experience last year (maybe due to insufficient training on running slopes which use different muscle groups), I nearly was hit by cramp. Luckily I met another well known Singapore Marathoner who gave me a couple of salt tablets and it really helped. So, there is no harm to bring a few salt tablets with you and at least a couple of Energy Gel.

For this year, I am going to be more prepared. I will bring at least 8 salt tablets (2x to be taken after around 8 -10km) and more Gel (last yr I only used one). But bottom line is still training. Will focus more training with slopes this year and plan to do more MacRitchie runs.

what kind of salt tablet do you use ? i use zero salt anti cramp , not sure same anot , it dissolve quite slow

Now I am using SaltStick (brand name). I used to buy the big bottle of 100 capsules for $49.50 (if i recall correctly but definitely below $50) which worked out to be about 50c per capsule. You can get this from this shop, hmm can't recall the exact name but has the word "Outdoor". The last time I went, they only have the small bottle of 30 capsules selling at $30 which is equivalent to $1 per capsule. Not really worth getting as compared to the big bottle. The capsule can be consumed as is but you can also break open and mixed in water. There are other brands as I understand which I was told you could find it at Running Lab (both can be found at Novena Square). I understand that some ppl use home table salt.

All the best to you.

Hi , need advice on booking of train from taipei to hualian

The timetable show detail for train on 2 nov alrdy but online booking is stil on 2 or 3 oct

can i comfirm with seniors here if online booking have not started or (how should i book it ) thanks

How nice and happy for all of u. Chilly weather with light rain is expected so insulate well.

I got to give this a miss as I m still in Tainan on race day.

Enjoy your race!

oh what a pity , gotta waste a hard to register race ,

any other guys will be there , still deciding if im bring SG flag along for group photo

A run well worth doing. Not just because it is so hard to register but for the scenery, the support and the people. The first 8-9 km wasn't much to shout about but the best of the route came mostly after the HM u-turn. Plenty of supplies at the water stations which includes chocolates, biscuits and bananas. Lots of photo opportunites along the route. Would definitely like to run this again if I get another chance.

Check out my photos.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=243468069115696&set=a.243466229115880.56476.100003575148086&type=1&ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/media/set/?set=a.243466229115880.56476.100003575148086&type=1

A run well worth doing. Not just because it is so hard to register but for the scenery, the support and the people. The first 8-9 km wasn't much to shout about but the best of the route came mostly after the HM u-turn. Plenty of supplies at the water stations which includes chocolates, biscuits and bananas. Lots of photo opportunites along the route. Would definitely like to run this again if I get another chance.

Check out my photos.

http://www.facebook....75148086&type=1

Hi, Brother David.

Next year 2013....I am interested to do this marathon, I missed it 2 years. Not good in chinese, I need your help to register for me. :) I hope you don't mind.

Nice pics...in your fb album.

Check out my photos.

http://www.facebook....75148086&type=1

Hi, Brother David.

Next year 2013....I am interested to do this marathon, I missed it 2 years. Not good in chinese, I need your help to register for me. :) I hope you don't mind.

Nice pics...in your fb album.

Haha...bro Yamkamhoong. My Chinese also cannot pass one. My registration was done by a friend that knows many friends in Taiwan. Run, transfer and stay all book by them. I just follow only. So in a way was lucky to get a slot. Indeed worth the trip!

Hello all. I got a slot for 21km this year. Can share your itinerary for those who went in 2012? Where to stay in Hualian and such?

參加太馬的跑友請注意!
==================================
2013太魯閣峽谷馬拉松*最新消息*
Taroko Gorge Marathon Latest News

跑友們! 2013太魯閣峽谷馬拉松依照原定計劃照常舉行~
全程馬拉松42.195KM因安全考量 全改為半程馬拉松21KM 謝謝!

Dear fellow runners! According to the earthquake happened yesterday, the event will still be held tomorrow but all the 42.195KM runners will have to change to 21KM only for your safety Thank You!
===============================
http://www.sportsnet.org.tw/news_detail.php?Id=500

最新消息請鎖定 運動筆記

1384300_626897894019878_1260971982_n.jpg