Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unidentified

Taroko Marathon 2012

yea , maybe HM for me , any idea what the cut off time for this race ?

Running passion posted 2011 cutoff earlier. FM: 6hrs, HM: 3hrs

Guys, any idea if the race pack collection will be a day before or on the day collection ? Seem some other race REPC in Taiwan is 1wk before race , coz I'm flying on 2nd due to work

Guys, any idea if the race pack collection will be a day before or on the day collection ? Seem some other race REPC in Taiwan is 1wk before race , coz I'm flying on 2nd due to work

The Dec Fubon Taipei Marathon REPC is same weekend.

The route a lot of elevation right ? Do you recommend me to run FM if I did not finish any FM before and my furthest distance is 21k , and yea 6day of holiday after the race , thinking if I should do a HM or FM , what the cut off trimming ?

the route is damn tough. It is really uphill all the way till the U-turn, then downhill also all the way. I was worried my hamstring would snap if I insisted to do FM, so I u-turned at HM.

Oh, you get to wear a helmet to run at this race too. hehe. in case of rock falling off from above. Sth to make you run faster hehe :lolu:

I remember collection 1 day before the race day. At the Hualian train station area.

Great great , thanks guy for the info , think I can book the air ticket this weekend and start planning

Oh also , is it recommended to book a hotel before going over ? Or I can just walk in to any hotel and say I'm staying for 1 night ?

I would suggest you to book the hotel at Hualien. It is a small town and only 1 "better" hotel near the train station. I booked both places (Taipei too) before I came there, so not sure about Taipei. But Hualien I suggest to book early.

August liao , still no news of registration , am camping on the site almost everyday ......

Nobody taking part in this run this year ?

August liao , still no news of registration , am camping on the site almost everyday ......

Nobody taking part in this run this year ?

Taiwan Road Running Association website updated.

Date of event: Sat 3rd Nov'12 (no change)

Registration opens: Monday 3rd Sep 9am

Full Marathon: TW$800 + TW$100 for timing chip (refundable), only 2600 slots for FM

Half Marathon: TW$700 + TW$100 for timing chip (refundable)' 7500 slots for HM

Pls be on look out and remember to register with the Running Association first as a member before you could register for the Marathon.

ohh , registration on 3 sep , then i dont have to camp for it daily already

btw are you running this ?

Yes, planning to do the FM again this yr. And will continue monitor the website just in case they make changes.

Hello everyone.

Some quick question on the on-line registration for Taiwan races.

1. What's the address and phone number to enter? It seems like they make you enter the Taiwan information, even though you are a foreigner.

2. How to make payment? vis pay-pal?

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

1. What's the address and phone number to enter? It seems like they make you enter the Taiwan information, even though you are a foreigner.

Thanks.

Did you register with CTRRA (Chinese Taipei Road Running Association)? You need to register as a member before you could participate in any of the running events. The website is www.sportsnet.org.tw. After you have registered on line, you need to send a copy of yr passport to them. Once you receive the membership approval, you will be able to register and participate in their running events. Pls note that Taroko Gorge Marathon registration will open on Monday 9am, 3rd Sep'12.

Hello everyone.

Thanks.

Did you register with CTRRA (Chinese Taipei Road Running Association)? You need to register as a member before you could participate in any of the running events. The website is www.sportsnet.org.tw. After you have registered on line, you need to send a copy of yr passport to them. Once you receive the membership approval, you will be able to register and participate in their running events. Pls note that Taroko Gorge Marathon registration will open on Monday 9am, 3rd Sep'12.

Yes. I have received their confirmation via email about the membership. However, as i try to enter the fields, they prompt for a Taiwan address and phone number. Wondering how I should go around it? Thanks.

i got no problem for that , but you can just enter sg address or tel , i believe the details is for delivering the race pack to taiwan address use only

i got no problem for that , but you can just enter sg address or tel , i believe the details is for delivering the race pack to taiwan address use only

Hello, thanks.

One more question, what about payment? is it by Pay pal, or have to pay at their locations (e.g. local 7-Elevens)..

Hi , anyone manage to sign up ?

Manage to go into payment page twice but end up say card not valid or something

use my friend card also same problem

Call my credit card hotline ask say my card no problem

now the whole sportnet site is down ....

hope i can manage to sign up for this run

Hi , anyone manage to sign up ?

Manage to go into payment page twice but end up say card not valid or something

use my friend card also same problem

Call my credit card hotline ask say my card no problem

now the whole sportnet site is down ....

hope i can manage to sign up for this run

I had the same problem with my credit card. Then used my running kaki's card, same problem existed. When he used his other card (Citibank i think), got through. We have managed to sign up. Hope that you have signed up as well bcos the HM and FM slots have now been fully taken. Registration is probably closed.

i tried 3 time 1 with my card and 2 with my friend , 1st 2 attemp fail , 3rd process halfway then page can be displayed , after that i register again buy say same IC cannot register same event 2 time

so i now still dont know if im in anot , most likely i fail to register =(

Registration (both FM 2600 & HM 7500 places) was full within four hours! Crazy!!

Some runners booked their air ticket to Taiwan very early, ending up can't get a slot due to busy computer time from 9am to 1pm(closed), made payment got big problem, paid twice....All FM and HM slots fully filled up within 4 hours! VERY HOT and POP marathon in Taiwan.

My Taiwan friend told me that if you registered first and pay at 7-11, the response will be better than paying by plastic.

No choice....do Taroko in 2013!