Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unidentified

Taroko Marathon 2012

Will anyone be going for this race this year , i interested to go for this race and this will be my virgin oversea race

Can anyone give a newbie like me advice , and i dont see where to register in the net

Will anyone be going for this race this year , i interested to go for this race and this will be my virgin oversea race

Can anyone give a newbie like me advice , and i dont see where to register in the net

Date is still tentative. Try this site. If not mistaken, you will have to register through them for the events in Taiwan.

http://www.sportsnet.org.tw/en/

Date is still tentative. Try this site. If not mistaken, you will have to register through them for the events in Taiwan.

http://www.sportsnet.org.tw/en/

You need to join as a member by filling up the application form and scanning them a copy of your passport unless nu have a Taiwan NRIC.

Can anyone guide me along on doing this ? I'm very confused on the process , and once I book this run , I can book my air ticket

Oh , kcslchin , can you advise me for the trip and accommodation ? Coz I will be heading down to hualian straight for 2 days, finish the run then I will be back to Taipei for holiday

Oh , kcslchin , can you advise me for the trip and accommodation ? Coz I will be heading down to hualian straight for 2 days, finish the run then I will be back to Taipei for holiday

I'll let others more familiar with Taipei and Hualian recommend. I'm not that familiar...Last time I did the Taipei run and went there with a buddy 4D 3N Taipei F&E.

I'll let others more familiar with Taipei and Hualian recommend. I'm not that familiar...Last time I did the Taipei run and went there with a buddy 4D 3N Taipei F&E.

I'm going free and easy too , due to work schedule , I'm flying there and run on the 2nd day before holiday-ing

Just need to know any recommendation of hotel there

I'm going free and easy too , due to work schedule , I'm flying there and run on the 2nd day before holiday-ing

Just need to know any recommendation of hotel there

Taipei hotel: try Brother Hotel? I heard that many Singaporeans stay there. Last time I stayed at San Want hotel in Taipei. Not 4 or 5 star hotels. Good enough to shower and sleep and room not big. If u go a Travel agency, they can recommend hotels for F&E package. Otherwise, online travel website also plenty choices. Many of these hotels near MRT.

But for Tarako, I really no idea...... :(

Travel agency will be more expensive ? And does travel agency recommend hire driver ?

Quite rush , fly 2nov morning reach afternoon ,gotta rush to hualian and rest , next day morning need travel 30km to taroko for race , a lot of transportation Planning required

I tried mailing them http://www.sportsnet.org.tw/en/ in regard to the Taroko or Yangmingshan National Park run but after 3 queries no reply at all - then I tried calling but nobody every picks up? Did anybody have more success?

Last time within 2 working days, got email reply from

service@sportsnet.org.tw

I got reply like within 4hr aft I email them , bro you also intrested in this run ?

If you want to know the registration for taroko , it only open by July , you need a sportnet account ,and fax them ur passport or NRIC , I tell them I no fax and email my detail and they activate my account. I'm checking the site daily in case got surprise early registration , heard that slot will be filled up within 2 day

Wondering if we could wear something related to sg flag and bring our flag there for photo taking .

Is it against any

Law in sg to do that since we not actually representing sg ?

Hi thx for this comment. Did you write them in Mandarin or English? Anyway, as for the flag - of course you can bring it along - see all the time runners in those races to pull them out the last leg of the run.

Hi thx for this comment. Did you write them in Mandarin or English? Anyway, as for the flag - of course you can bring it along - see all the time runners in those races to pull them out the last leg of the run.

English and Chinese also can , best is chinese la , easier for them, i also keep emailing them for detail , maybe you can ask here , who know we may already have an answer

You mean people pull out flag from pocket can wave it while running to the finish line ? i was thinking of taking photo with flag after the run for photoshoot, i think your idea worth a try (provided i run a good timming) :P

I got reply like within 4hr aft I email them , bro you also intrested in this run ?

If you want to know the registration for taroko , it only open by July , you need a sportnet account ,and fax them ur passport or NRIC , I tell them I no fax and email my detail and they activate my account. I'm checking the site daily in case got surprise early registration , heard that slot will be filled up within 2 day

Wondering if we could wear something related to sg flag and bring our flag there for photo taking .

Is it against any

No law agst what u propose. Just remember to treat any country National flag with respect and dignity - no dropping and stamping overt, no sticking it in your underwear or trying it like Terrorist bandana: you get what I mean :)

Is it against any

No law agst what u propose. Just remember to treat any country National flag with respect and dignity - no dropping and stamping overt, no sticking it in your underwear or trying it like Terrorist bandana: you get what I mean :)

roger roger , but you guys really carry the flag on your back before you clear the finish line ? how do you keep it for your run ? i abit shy shy leh , ppl all will look at me

Is it against any

roger roger , but you guys really carry the flag on your back before you clear the finish line ? how do you keep it for your run ? i abit shy shy leh , ppl all will look at me

I never do before. But I saw pple run with their National flag before. I think you wear some running wear from SCMS or SD and Singaporeans & foreigners might ask if u from Spore.

Is it against any

I never do before. But I saw pple run with their National flag before. I think you wear some running wear from SCMS or SD and Singaporeans & foreigners might ask if u from Spore.

cool ! think i will add a singapore flag to my To-Bring-List , whether show off flag anot , see how la , that day , if got alot of singaporean , might want to photo session with them :)

If i see other country carry flag , i will copy and do it , dont dare to do it alone

I was there last year w SRC for the FM. The weather was hot as compared to 2010 but the humidity level was more manageable compared to Sing. My first oversea run and a very good experience which also resulted in my signing up for Australia GC this yr. After that, plan to chio a few colleagues for this yr Taroko FM. I love that route and scenery.

Btw, there are limited slots. Last yr they increased the HM & FM from 3000 to 3500 slots for each category if I recall correctly. And I believe typically, the Internet registration opens mid August. Last year, registration was opened on 15 August and within 3 days, all the slots were taken. Please take note.

And I think they hold this event on the first Sat of November. This yr event should be on 3rd Nov. The cut off time for HM and FM are 3 and 6 hours respectively.

The route a lot of elevation right ? Do you recommend me to run FM if I did not finish any FM before and my furthest distance is 21k , and yea 6day of holiday after the race , thinking if I should do a HM or FM , what the cut off trimming ?

The route a lot of elevation right ? Do you recommend me to run FM if I did not finish any FM before and my furthest distance is 21k , and yea 6day of holiday after the race , thinking if I should do a HM or FM , what the cut off trimming ?

Why not just sign for HM then not so stress. You might run and not collect any medal if u don't finish within the time limit.